April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Arizonah13

I'm constantly on the hunt for a good, quality concealer used for covering post-acne "spots". If I can use it on under-eye circles, thats just a bonus.

Having said that, I do really like this concealer palette. I've very fair, so the two lightest shades are perfect. I also like to use the peach color for under my eyes (then go over it w/foundation or a skin colored concealer).

The Pros:
-It conceals better than drug store concealers.
-Comes in colors that are light enough even for my very pale skin.
-Hasn't seemed to cause any breakouts for me (I've been using it for about a month)

Cons:
I'm not particularly oily, but the concealer does seem to wear off of my "spots" by the end of the day - not completely, but by at least 50%.
-I find the green shade to be useless for helping to cover "spots", but I imagine it would work if you wanted to blend it over faintly pink areas (around nose, mouth, etc...).
-The price is pretty steep for something that does a decent job, but not a $38 job.
-Does seem to settle into fine lines around the eyes.

Overall, I'll continue to use the palette, but am still on the hunt for something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Kittemans

I really had to get used to this product. You really need to try it out to know what works best for you. Especially with the colorcorrectors. it can look really cakey if you apply to much. But now i know how to work it i really like it! It's the best concealer (palette) i ever had!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by manduhzsecret

I like it i just wished I got me one in #3 I have it in # 2 the shades are too light for me. I still use it under my full coverage foundation though so it works for now. Consistency is a little thick can look cakey if you did not moisturize enough. all in all I bet I would like it alot more if I got my shade palette

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by angelikloserr

I bought the 3rd set which is for light to medium people. It comes with a weird looking reddish color but it turns out it works really well if you blend it with the normal shades. This set really works for me since I tend to tan really easily and lose my tan fast as well. I go between a range of colors throughout the year so its nice to have the different shades.
What I figured out is that you can use the reddish shade mixed with the normal ones to create the "salmon" concealer that so many people are making now because the resulting pinkish peach color cancels out the blueish and greenish tint of undereye bags. I've never found anything that worked for me like that before. I've used a ton of concealers trying to mask these bags but everything just made them look ashy and really obvious. This "salmon" color doesn't do that. I think this might be the HG for me.
I think the consistency is fine, not overly creamy or too dry. Just remember to wear a very good moisturizer first or else it wont go on as easily. Besides, a good eye cream will help it last as well. What I noticed is that the creams aren't too great in transport. When I was taking it home from Sephora, it was put upright in my bag instead of laid flat. When I got home and pulled the box out, I noticed a sheen of oil on the side that the box was laid. I would recommend that you place the palette flat when you bring it anywhere to avoid this. Besides that though, I love this and it works.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by intimates

It gets the job done, but it doesn't work too well on my skin. I'm sticking to my select moisturecover and studio finish concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally like the idea of a customizable concealer palatte. My skin is darker around the chin and forehead and I was able to create perfect matches for any area on my face by mixing the shades. The MA showed me how to use the inside lid as a mixing area so as not to blend the actual pots too much. I've used about 50% of this over 6 months, but I'm not satisfied with the coverage. The concealer seems a bit on the thin and greasy side, so this plus moistuirzer makes for not so good coverage. Nice idea, but I probably won't repurchase because I need heavier coverage from a concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lexilovesya

I had this product recommended from a close friend, who happens to swear by it. My expectations got pretty high and the high price made me even more curious for the miracle about to happen.
Usually when my expectations shoot through the roof, i end up getting disappointed.
But not here!
I was surprised at how creamy the product is, i expected a kind of ''cakey' effect, but i stood corrected.
It goes on smoothly and softly, even during those cold, dry mornings right before school. My skin is pretty light (NW15 in Mac) so i chose the Nr. 1 palette. I love the three concealers! And the little under eye corrector is to die for. Finally something that covers the little imperfections! I must admit, i dont really use the green one all too often, but when i do, magic happens =).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by annamgoss

I have had this for a few weeks now, and all I can say is wow. This stuff is amazing, it covers very well and isnt noticeable under my foundation. It hasnt made me break out, or dry out. It is a little expensive though, but Im sure it will last awhile so the price is deffinitly worth it. *UPDATE* After using this for a month it made my skin breakout horribly, I still recommend trying it though because it worked great, maybe your skin will react differently

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by elouised

I liked the idea of having a concealer palette since my skin tone changes between summer and winter. However i found myself using only one or two colors of the palette...Also the texture is so thick you have to use your fingers which could lead to acne or more oils. But the coverage is awesome! I think this would be good for an artist, but not for everyday use. Its too bad my Sephora doesn't carry the individual pots of this. I returned it and bought the Full Cover concealer instead. It works very well and is so light.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by lolipopi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was way excited to get this concealer palette after seeing the raves about this from makeup geek face tutorials. However for me this is not gonna work ;) I typically only like my foundation and concealer to feel light, not cakey or real thick. This stuff is REAL thick and does not soften up even when warming between my fingers. I used the No. 1 palette because I am extremely fair. I have dark circles, and a little bit of redness on my cheeks. I used the tawny color under my eyes which was supposed to eliminate the circles... all i felt it did was to bring more attention to all the makeup under there. I tried the green to conceal any blemishes (im pretty lucky with few breakouts) and the redness on my cheeks. Again typically where I would wear maybe the least amount of makeup is my cheeks, and all of a sudden I had all this heavy stuff on - it wasn't worth the small amount of color correcting it did vs. the cakeface I was sporting instead. I can see this working for some people, but not for me... it's pricey - $36 on sephora.com