October 2, 2014 | 1763 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by supersweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have to say i was impressed. This foundation did a good job concealing my red acne scars, oversized pores and undereye circles. . The finish is very silky and smooth, which is hard to get from a full coverage foundation. Like my Revlon Color Stay, for example, which is full coverage, i end up with a caked on finish, but this one just glides on like icing yumm. My skin looked "almost" flawless. The reason i say "almost" and the reason i gave this 5 lippies is because the shade closest to my skin tone was a little too dark for me (medium deep). So other than the lack in the variety of shades this is the perfect foundation for those of us who want to hide all of our flaws in one easy step. It also controls oil for about 4 hours which is AMAMZING for me, because i have the oiliest skin in the world, but if you have the norm oil production it should control oil even longer. Make you sure you spend some time washing it off because this product sticks to your face like glue so only a good make-up remover will do the trick (I use Cetaphil cleanser) followed by a toner or a scrub. Thats probably why i will only wear this on special occasions. On normal blah days i just wear my Revlon Color Stay or Iman Second to None (both very comparable) Oh yeah and this requires some serious blending or else you end up looking like you have a muddy face and we don't want that.. but i don't mind the blending...
    SO this is NOT for a first time foundation user, like i said it requires decent blending tecniques.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

My HG foundation!!This is definitely great if you are a miserable girl like me who is suffering from acne or other skin problems. I have mild acne with acne scars, and a lot of redness in my skin. I've searched high and low for a good full-coverage foundation that is creamy, long-lasting, and completely flawless. This is my answer!! I've tried Chanel, MAC, Christian Dior, Estee Lauder, Lancome, and every foundation you can think of! I was lucky to find a good shade match with this, Creamy Ivory. It is a pale shade that has neutral, slightly pinkish undertones, and luckily not orange. It baffles me how I find a good color match in this limited foundation range of 4 shades, but yet with Double Wear's extensive Cool, Warm, and Neutral shading system I could not find one!! And really, the coverage of this is amazing!! Normally I use a giant blob of foundation, and with this I only used the tiniest pea sized amount. The consistency is light and creamy but not thick at all. I am so glad I found this, it really covers beautifully without looking like a mask!! If you can find a good color match out of the grand total of 4 shades, you will be very lucky to have found this. This is the best foundation I've ever used.

EDIT: Ok, all I can say is that I am extremely pissed off!!! I just purchased another tube today in Creamy Ivory, only to discover that not only have they changed the packaging, but they have reformulated my shade!!! I am doomed!! They have changed it to a most unflattering beige yellow color that is definitely not my shade!! On a person with pale peachy skin, this shade is definitely a nightmare. What ever shall I do now??

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this last week based on reviews here. I haven't been much of a foundation wearer in the past few years, but I have some redness and uneven areas of skin tone, so I probably should be. I got this in the lightest shade. It really does cover very, very well and goes on smoothly when I apply it carefully. It's just tricky to blend because it dries quickly. I'm still working on the best technique. I've tried using a foundation brush, but haven't yet tried with a makeup sponge. When I apply this patiently, it looks great and then I can't believe that I have gone for so long without wearing foundation. It completely covers the red areas and enlarged pores. It does not look heavy or made-up. The light shade seems to have a bit of pink in it straight out of the tube, but goes on a neutral pale beige.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this due to reviews on this site and have only been wearing a couple of day. I love love love it the coverage is great, however I have not yet mastered the art . The colour is not perfect so may have to dilute with another. However it lasts all day, covers redness, little is required. I actually think it makes your skin look so much better. I love a full coverage makeup but you hardly have to use any.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by susan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for quite a few years just to even out my skin tone. It is an excellent make-up and certainly not heavy if applied correctly. This make-up will not blend evenly if you have extremely dry skin but if you make certain your skin is moisturized or primed, then it will give you a lovely finish. In order to cover my face, I really don't even squeeze the tube...I just sort of dab it on the palm of my hand and I get more than enough foundation. And that is the beauty of this foundation...it can be light or full-coverage.

Again, your skin must be primed either with a moisturizer or some sort of primer for it to blend well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by jeanvigo

I am very fair, dry-ish skin, some acne with mild rosacea, general redness. This truly delivers amazing coverage!! ..The best full coverage foundation I have tried yet, definitely recommend sampling girls !

It has to be applied carefully on very well exfoliated, moisturised and primed skin as it can go very dry and heavy. The trick is to apply a few tiny drops, in patches, quickly.

The colour range has very slim pickings :(

For those of you with lovely, perfect skin, this is perhaps too heavy, but would also make a long lasting, hygienic (tube) concealer..(powdery finish on me however).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best foundation I have ever used, ever. It is also the only one that hides my pores completely instead of emphasises them. You only need the tiniest amount when applying, which is why I gave this 5 lippies for the price - it ends up much more cost effective than even drug store brands because you need so little. I can see this lasting well over a year, whereas I usually need to replace my regular foundation every 2-3months. Unlike other "full coverage" foundations, this actually offers full coverage. If you don't like the completely flawless look, you can always mix a bit of MAC Strobe for a more natural look. It doesn't break me out, cake or start slipping into lines either. I can't really fault this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to cover the redness in my cheeks and the odd post-acne scars I've got (ugh), and it works beautifully. There's no way I'd ever use this all over my face; it would feel like I was wearing a mask. As a concealer, though, this is top notch. I found it at the CCO for $24, so go and take a peeksie. Only reason it doesn't get five stars -- well, two reasons that have already been mentioned: the blue tube makes it impossible to gauge how much is left, and the lack of color choices... I think I only saw five? For an emollient product like this, it's CRUCIAL to have a color match, I think, and I'm only halfway sure that mine is one (I got 03 Creamy Vanilla). Some days I'm sure it's right, some days I think it's too dark, some days I think it's too light. Come on, EL! But when all is said and done, if I can't find a cheaper concealer I like better, I'll buy this one again if they still have it at the CCO when the time comes. Sorry, I refuse to pay full price for EL and its subcompanies' products when the CCO exists.

EDIT: I don't know when I wrote that, but I should add that after all this time, I've discovered that it has a very pink undertone. Does not work for my NC35 self.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I also bought this based on the reviews and am thrilled with the coverage, and disappointed in the shade choices - it comes in a very limited choice of shades, all of which were too yellow or too pink for my skin tone. That said, a tiny drop of this covers just about anything, and I can compensate for the imperfect color match by dabbing on a little of my own foundation after this sets.

When it sets, it is very matte, which doesn't thrill me ... especially around the eye area, this tends to make my skin look "crepey", but I can offset that a bit with my moisturizer. Out of curiosity, I applied this all over as a foundation and while it masked every imperfection, it also looked like a mask! I would recommend this only for spot correction.

A tiny bit goes a long way and I'll probably have to end up throwing away the tube before I'll ever run out. All in all, a great concealer, but one lippie off for limited shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute love! I bought this based on the reviews and wasn't disappointed in the least. On top of the formula, one of the best perks about this product is the packaging: it's a very precise, very hygienic squeeze-tube that allows you to control exactly how much product comes out. This is very important and the reason I don't understand all the complaints about this product being too heavy, since light application is everything and easily do-able.

I have extremely fair, warm-toned skin and am well-matched using the lightest shade (Creamy Ivory). All I need is something to even out my skin's blotchiness and add a little brightening oomph to my face. I take just the slightest bit of product--honestly, pea-sized would be a vast over-statement--and apply just a little bit to my face in sections. As in, tiny squeeze onto foundation brush, apply to forehead, tiny squeeze onto foundation brush, apply to left cheek, tiny squeeze, apply to right cheek, etc. I've never overdone it. This product has never felt or looked heavy. I've rarely, if ever, had to layer it in order to get (ahem, *seemingly*) flawless skin. I use it day and night, absolutely no problem.

As far as I can tell, this has never clogged my pores or caused a breakout. I always thought I was a fan of the dewy finish, but this product single-handedly converted me into a matte lover. I honestly love the finish this product leaves: absolutely no shine, but still fresh and natural. Because of the drier formula, I usually apply it while whatever I'm wearing underneath--be it sunscreen, regular moisturizer, or tinted moisturizer--hasn't sunk in completely. Very lovely product and a definite repurchase, although I'm also curious to try Make Up Forever's Full Coverage Concealer and see how it compares.

The one main reason I would shop around before simply repurchasing is that the third ingredient in this product is petroleum. Not only do I try to avoid using a fuel by-product on my skin, but I also think it's a giant rip-off to pay $30/oz. for a product whose main ingredient probably costs a dime an ounce to buy whole-sale. Furthermore, the dark blue tube makes it impossible to really tell how much product is left, which is just plain annoying.