February 27, 2015 | 1801 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

My HG foundation!!This is definitely great if you are a miserable girl like me who is suffering from acne or other skin problems. I have mild acne with acne scars, and a lot of redness in my skin. I've searched high and low for a good full-coverage foundation that is creamy, long-lasting, and completely flawless. This is my answer!! I've tried Chanel, MAC, Christian Dior, Estee Lauder, Lancome, and every foundation you can think of! I was lucky to find a good shade match with this, Creamy Ivory. It is a pale shade that has neutral, slightly pinkish undertones, and luckily not orange. It baffles me how I find a good color match in this limited foundation range of 4 shades, but yet with Double Wear's extensive Cool, Warm, and Neutral shading system I could not find one!! And really, the coverage of this is amazing!! Normally I use a giant blob of foundation, and with this I only used the tiniest pea sized amount. The consistency is light and creamy but not thick at all. I am so glad I found this, it really covers beautifully without looking like a mask!! If you can find a good color match out of the grand total of 4 shades, you will be very lucky to have found this. This is the best foundation I've ever used.

EDIT: Ok, all I can say is that I am extremely pissed off!!! I just purchased another tube today in Creamy Ivory, only to discover that not only have they changed the packaging, but they have reformulated my shade!!! I am doomed!! They have changed it to a most unflattering beige yellow color that is definitely not my shade!! On a person with pale peachy skin, this shade is definitely a nightmare. What ever shall I do now??

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this last week based on reviews here. I haven't been much of a foundation wearer in the past few years, but I have some redness and uneven areas of skin tone, so I probably should be. I got this in the lightest shade. It really does cover very, very well and goes on smoothly when I apply it carefully. It's just tricky to blend because it dries quickly. I'm still working on the best technique. I've tried using a foundation brush, but haven't yet tried with a makeup sponge. When I apply this patiently, it looks great and then I can't believe that I have gone for so long without wearing foundation. It completely covers the red areas and enlarged pores. It does not look heavy or made-up. The light shade seems to have a bit of pink in it straight out of the tube, but goes on a neutral pale beige.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this due to reviews on this site and have only been wearing a couple of day. I love love love it the coverage is great, however I have not yet mastered the art . The colour is not perfect so may have to dilute with another. However it lasts all day, covers redness, little is required. I actually think it makes your skin look so much better. I love a full coverage makeup but you hardly have to use any.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by susan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for quite a few years just to even out my skin tone. It is an excellent make-up and certainly not heavy if applied correctly. This make-up will not blend evenly if you have extremely dry skin but if you make certain your skin is moisturized or primed, then it will give you a lovely finish. In order to cover my face, I really don't even squeeze the tube...I just sort of dab it on the palm of my hand and I get more than enough foundation. And that is the beauty of this foundation...it can be light or full-coverage.

Again, your skin must be primed either with a moisturizer or some sort of primer for it to blend well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by jeanvigo

I am very fair, dry-ish skin, some acne with mild rosacea, general redness. This truly delivers amazing coverage!! ..The best full coverage foundation I have tried yet, definitely recommend sampling girls !

It has to be applied carefully on very well exfoliated, moisturised and primed skin as it can go very dry and heavy. The trick is to apply a few tiny drops, in patches, quickly.

The colour range has very slim pickings :(

For those of you with lovely, perfect skin, this is perhaps too heavy, but would also make a long lasting, hygienic (tube) concealer..(powdery finish on me however).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best foundation I have ever used, ever. It is also the only one that hides my pores completely instead of emphasises them. You only need the tiniest amount when applying, which is why I gave this 5 lippies for the price - it ends up much more cost effective than even drug store brands because you need so little. I can see this lasting well over a year, whereas I usually need to replace my regular foundation every 2-3months. Unlike other "full coverage" foundations, this actually offers full coverage. If you don't like the completely flawless look, you can always mix a bit of MAC Strobe for a more natural look. It doesn't break me out, cake or start slipping into lines either. I can't really fault this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to cover the redness in my cheeks and the odd post-acne scars I've got (ugh), and it works beautifully. There's no way I'd ever use this all over my face; it would feel like I was wearing a mask. As a concealer, though, this is top notch. I found it at the CCO for $24, so go and take a peeksie. Only reason it doesn't get five stars -- well, two reasons that have already been mentioned: the blue tube makes it impossible to gauge how much is left, and the lack of color choices... I think I only saw five? For an emollient product like this, it's CRUCIAL to have a color match, I think, and I'm only halfway sure that mine is one (I got 03 Creamy Vanilla). Some days I'm sure it's right, some days I think it's too dark, some days I think it's too light. Come on, EL! But when all is said and done, if I can't find a cheaper concealer I like better, I'll buy this one again if they still have it at the CCO when the time comes. Sorry, I refuse to pay full price for EL and its subcompanies' products when the CCO exists.

EDIT: I don't know when I wrote that, but I should add that after all this time, I've discovered that it has a very pink undertone. Does not work for my NC35 self.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I also bought this based on the reviews and am thrilled with the coverage, and disappointed in the shade choices - it comes in a very limited choice of shades, all of which were too yellow or too pink for my skin tone. That said, a tiny drop of this covers just about anything, and I can compensate for the imperfect color match by dabbing on a little of my own foundation after this sets.

When it sets, it is very matte, which doesn't thrill me ... especially around the eye area, this tends to make my skin look "crepey", but I can offset that a bit with my moisturizer. Out of curiosity, I applied this all over as a foundation and while it masked every imperfection, it also looked like a mask! I would recommend this only for spot correction.

A tiny bit goes a long way and I'll probably have to end up throwing away the tube before I'll ever run out. All in all, a great concealer, but one lippie off for limited shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute love! I bought this based on the reviews and wasn't disappointed in the least. On top of the formula, one of the best perks about this product is the packaging: it's a very precise, very hygienic squeeze-tube that allows you to control exactly how much product comes out. This is very important and the reason I don't understand all the complaints about this product being too heavy, since light application is everything and easily do-able.

I have extremely fair, warm-toned skin and am well-matched using the lightest shade (Creamy Ivory). All I need is something to even out my skin's blotchiness and add a little brightening oomph to my face. I take just the slightest bit of product--honestly, pea-sized would be a vast over-statement--and apply just a little bit to my face in sections. As in, tiny squeeze onto foundation brush, apply to forehead, tiny squeeze onto foundation brush, apply to left cheek, tiny squeeze, apply to right cheek, etc. I've never overdone it. This product has never felt or looked heavy. I've rarely, if ever, had to layer it in order to get (ahem, *seemingly*) flawless skin. I use it day and night, absolutely no problem.

As far as I can tell, this has never clogged my pores or caused a breakout. I always thought I was a fan of the dewy finish, but this product single-handedly converted me into a matte lover. I honestly love the finish this product leaves: absolutely no shine, but still fresh and natural. Because of the drier formula, I usually apply it while whatever I'm wearing underneath--be it sunscreen, regular moisturizer, or tinted moisturizer--hasn't sunk in completely. Very lovely product and a definite repurchase, although I'm also curious to try Make Up Forever's Full Coverage Concealer and see how it compares.

The one main reason I would shop around before simply repurchasing is that the third ingredient in this product is petroleum. Not only do I try to avoid using a fuel by-product on my skin, but I also think it's a giant rip-off to pay $30/oz. for a product whose main ingredient probably costs a dime an ounce to buy whole-sale. Furthermore, the dark blue tube makes it impossible to really tell how much product is left, which is just plain annoying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely not an everyday foundation, but it is the fullest coverage fdtn I have ever come across. I do not use this everyday, only when I am going out/to a special occasion and I need to look completely flawless. I apply with my fingers, a normal fdtn brush, and sponge to really blend everything in. Face should be WELL moisturized, also I would suggest a primer as well.
Pros:
-only a VERY tiny amount needed for full face
-photographs beautifully
-did not look cakey on me at all, blended well
-surprisingly the lightest color was a great match for my skin
-COVERS EVERYTHING, no concealer needed
-will last a long time
-if applied correctly, will make you flawless, but application does take work, this is not a slap it on your done product
-the tube is awesome and hygenic
CONS:
-easy to use too much product, resulting in a maskey look
-limited colors, not everyone will be lucky enough to find a match
-contains oil, and will most likely clog pores, so if you have problematic skin make damn sure to wash your face after you are done wearing it, this is a MUST!
-somewhat high maintenance fdtn, definitely not for a 5 minute face routine
-maybe not a con, but it does need to bet set with some powder
Overall this product is excellent, it does take some time to work with but it is all worth it to me. I don't think I'll ever find another full coverage fdtn I love as much as this. Just wish color options were better. If you are interested get a sample, most SAs are more than willing to give one out, just ask. I will repurchase, also I do not think the price was unreasonable at all, $29.50, I would have paid more for it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No