Aveda Color Conserve

3.3

Aqueous Extracts, Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Extract, Astralagus Membranaceus (Milk Vetch) Root Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Pinus Tabulaeformis (Pine) Bark Extract, Vitus Venifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Sedum Rosea Root Extract, Rehmannia Chinensis Root Extract, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sufosuccinate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Babassuamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethicone PEG-7 Cocoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride,Quaternium-80, Amyl Salicylate, Isoamyl Cinnamate, Lycopene, Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Sucrose Palmitate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycol Stearate, Glycol Distearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Polyquaternium-7, Cistus Ladaniferus Oil, Fragrance, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothazolinone

on 8/12/2003 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very slimy, indeed. I found this to be extremely difficult to rinse from my fine hair. Didn't leave a residue, on the plus side, but it took three times as long to rinse. Knowing this, this shampoo may act on the principle of coating the hair shafts to prevent color fade. It was no good for me.

on 7/15/2003 6:25:00 PM

I just got my hair foiled and the salon where I go used this on me and when I commented on the delicious smell they told me I should use it because it helps maintain color...I love it

on 7/14/2003 11:31:00 AM

I think this faded my red color faster than any other shampoo I have used....I like the conditioner, though.

on 4/18/2003 12:58:00 AM

I found it to be very ... slimy. Yuck. It was as if I couldn't rinse it out of my hair no matter how I tried. Didn't like the smell, either: too harsh, not nice like most other Aveda products. Didn't see any difference in color conserving, either. The Sap Moss shampoo is much better, smells nicer, goes farther, rinses out well, and leaves my hair feeling silky.

on 3/22/2003 4:17:00 PM

I bought this to keep my highlights bright but I don't think it really made much of a difference. And it wasn't really moisturizing enough for my dry hair. But I liked the smell. I might try Sap Moss next.

Popular Shampoos