October 1, 2014 | 1745 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Color Conserve

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2003 11:42:00 AM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very slimy, indeed. I found this to be extremely difficult to rinse from my fine hair. Didn't leave a residue, on the plus side, but it took three times as long to rinse. Knowing this, this shampoo may act on the principle of coating the hair shafts to prevent color fade. It was no good for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2003 6:25:00 PM More reviews by karen9988

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got my hair foiled and the salon where I go used this on me and when I commented on the delicious smell they told me I should use it because it helps maintain color...I love it

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2003 11:31:00 AM More reviews by akersmith

I think this faded my red color faster than any other shampoo I have used....I like the conditioner, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2003 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Inigo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found it to be very ... slimy. Yuck. It was as if I couldn't rinse it out of my hair no matter how I tried. Didn't like the smell, either: too harsh, not nice like most other Aveda products. Didn't see any difference in color conserving, either. The Sap Moss shampoo is much better, smells nicer, goes farther, rinses out well, and leaves my hair feeling silky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2003 4:17:00 PM More reviews by missyM

I bought this to keep my highlights bright but I don't think it really made much of a difference. And it wasn't really moisturizing enough for my dry hair. But I liked the smell. I might try Sap Moss next.