September 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Simplesimon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product based on the raving reviews from this site, and I was not dissapointed. I have very wavy loves to frizz hair, and a couple of squirts of this product tames my tresses, it makes combouts so much easier too. My hair is so soft and controllable now, not to mention shiny. I really love this, and won't ever be without it.
The packaging is very user friendly, with the twist lock pump. The size of the bottle is perfect for traveling too. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Thanks so much you wonderful MUA review ladies.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 2:12:00 PM More reviews by amhirst

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hm ... I think this stuff is just ... okay. I've had it for a couple of weeks and have been using it every day, so I'm going to keep trying it. I had been using the Kerastase Oleo-Relax serum, which I guess is supposed to be similar. I like the results I get with the Oleo-Relax a lot better (more shine, makes hair silkier/more manageable), and I find I have to use a *lot* more of the L'Oreal version than I did of the Kerastase to see results. (I have thick, somewhat coarse, highlighted hair that has a natural wave/curl and a fair amount of frizz). The Kerastase version is a lot thicker - this is really thin/watery and doesn't smell as good to me. Not sure if I would repurchase - the jury's still out for me. Am planning to switch shampoo/conditioner soon, so will see if that makes a difference for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 8:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkgoats

I love this stuff. I've used it every day since I bought it. I mix it with other products when I do my hair straight but this stuff makes my hair really smooth and shiny and adds a lot of slip to my hair, so it's easier to blowdry. the smell is fresh and the packaging is smart. i will definately repurchase this when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by bright_truth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this product, I got two compliments on my hair within an hour of leaving the house (and one was from a complete stranger, at Jamba Juice)! It really left my hair "slippery-soft" without weighing it down. However, I found I needed to use more than the recommended 1-2 pumps (but my hair is pretty long and thick). The product also works well as a finisher, after flatironing (but you only need a very small amount). My only complaint is that I didn't get the same results when air-drying my hair (it's kind of wavy) but I don't think that's what the serum is designed for. Definitely the best anti-frizz/smoothing product I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2005 10:32:00 PM More reviews by wonderfuel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hair profile: 18 years old with never-colored, very fine, very wavy hair approximately 26 inches in length. When I was in high school I blow-dried and flat-ironed my hair every single day...without using a conditioner too. That's right, if I used conditioner once a month, it was a good month. Not only that, but my regular shampoo was Pantene! My hair is incredibly damaged and dried now, as you can imagine.

The goal: To find a cream/serum that, when added to my hair, will tame down the beastly wild frizzies and flyaways, calm down my ends but won't weigh down or add damage.

The product: Comes in a bright orange pump bottle. Personal preference, I love their choice of color for it. Warm, vibrant oranges always inspire enthusiasm in me. The serum is clear, non-greasy feeling, of medium thickness. Not watery, but not as cloggy and heavy as some I've tried. It's very easy to spread around the palms and apply through hair without feeling like you've wasted most of it on one spot and can't spread it all down.

First use results: I smoothed this on towel-dried hair and then let it air dry. WOW. I actually have definition to my curls and waves, and only a few unruly frizzies in sight, which is to be expect considering it would take a bona fide miracle to smoothe down all of them (remember, my hair brings new meaning to the term ruined). this has worked the best of all the stuff I've tried, and I've tried a LOT of serums.

Second try and onward: I use every single weekday now, about 3 and sometimes 4 pumps a day instead of their recommended 2. Yes, it does weigh down my hair a bit, but my clarifying shampoo takes care of that in no time flat, so I don't mind. I have gotten so many remarks on how nice my hair looks from customers at work and how they wish their hair looked like mine, and this makes me feel far more confident wearing my hair naturally wavy.

Final Score: 95/100. A. continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by nnmca

One of the most effective and lightest serums I have tried, at a great price. I like the fact that it is liquidy rather than thick and sticky like other serums. Works great on dry hair to smooth and control fly-aways. Not so great on damp hair, I prefer Redken Anti-Snap. Light, mild scent and intelligent packaging. A definite drugstore winner, comparable to higher-priced luxury products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by CRYSTAr

This makes my thick wavy hair feel soooo soft and silky..and thats saying a lot. I honestly dislike putting ANY product on my hair because it makes me feel like my hair is dirty but this is the only product that i've used and really love. I don't know if it helps with frizz because I use it after I flatiron my hair but its great for flyaways. It makes my hair smell good too. You only need 2-3 pumps of this at the most and you work it from the ends of your hair to the top or else you'd have greasy looking roots. You get 100ml so it lasts quite a while. I got this from my cousin so I dont know how much this retails for but when i run out i'm going to get me another bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2005 7:45:00 PM More reviews by PlumeRider

Works really well at controlling frizz when air drying my hair; doesn't work as well when I blow dry it for some reason.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by jm1875

Meh . . . I guess I'm the lone dissenter here, but I really haven't been all that impressed with this stuff. I was so excited when I first bought it -- the reviews were great and the product had a nice slip to it when I put some in my hand. I thought, "Wow, maybe this stuff really is going to be the answer to my frizz issues." Then, I blowdried my hair. OMG -- I would have been better off not using anything at all! I've been using products (including just about ever anti-frizz serum/concoction out there) forEVER and know how much to apply and where to apply it. But, for some reason, this stuff just made my hair look awful. It was dry, dry, dry and stuck out in wierd places like straw. I was shocked! It even made my ordinarily shiny dark brown hair look like dried mud. I hated it and proceeded to wash my hair again just to get the stuff out! I guess it's back to my silk groom and Redken glass combo. It's too bad because I was looking for a cheaper way to get my hair smooth and less frizzy. In the interest of fairness, I should say that I live in south florida (hot, humid and rainy) and I have lots of fine, semi-curly hair. So, I think my hair poses a challenge to most products and, if you live somewhere less humid and/or have more cooperative hair, this product may be great for you. It has been for everyone else, it seems, so take this review with a grain of salt.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by labellavita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is my HG anti-frizzer! When I get out of the shower and my hair dries, it is flyaway-city. I pump a tiny bit of this stuff onto my hands using the awesome pump-thing packaging and apply it through my hair (NOT THE ROOTS! you will look greasy!) and wa-la! Perfectly shiny no-flyaway hair! The packaging is great, with a pump and a lock so it doesn't leak. I've had this for like 2 years (the same product, I haven't reperchased yet) and it's still going strong. You get a lot of the product in this packaging since you only need to use a tiny tiny bit. The smell isn't great but it isn't bad in my opinion, and everyone says my hair smells good so I dont know if it's this stuff or my shampoo/conditioner. You won't be dissapointed with this! xx