April 16, 2014 | 977 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2004 11:28:00 PM More reviews by gienwong2

This stuff works great for this rash I've had. I got a little sampler of it in their Natural Remedy Kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2004 11:58:00 AM More reviews by vanillasweet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know--this stuff is a miracle in a jar! I LOVE it. My sister gave me this after all it did for her. It works on every little thing. I have to carry it around with me everywhere. Hangnails, bites, itches, whatever, this stuff just works on everything. Forget tea tree oil when you have this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2004 12:21:00 AM More reviews by nickel

I love this product. I suffer from psoriasis and this stops the itching immediately. I tried it for the first time this week after reading the other great reviews. I like the tin it comes it. It's cute and not that difficult to open. There are 2 types of containers though. I think one is the older version and the one I have is the newer container. Both are tins however. This is a must try for anyone suffering from psoriasis. I'm going to repost after a week or two regarding it's long-term effectiveness.
** UPDATE ** Doesn't work in the long run if you have psoriasis. It didn't keep my dry skin moisturized and didn't heal the psoriasis patches as I hoped it would.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2004 1:54:00 PM More reviews by porkypine

This is supposed to be for mosquito bites and whatnot, and does contain sweet alond oil, olive oil and other nice ingredients that will soothe damaged skin. The ingredients do not seem any better than Jing Jang Creme, but it is a lot cheaper, and you can buy little bitty tins to get just what you need. It has a nice eucalyptus scent that makes for a cooling sensation as well. Like!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jnlwdc

I purchased this off the reviews because I'm a bruiser. Unfortunately, it didn't work on my bruises but it healed a small cut on my arm overnight and, more importantly, it completely flattened an unsightly blemish the day I bought the tin and over the evening diminished the redness 90%. Don't let the size fool you; it's more of a balm than an ointment. I've used it daily for two weeks on a variety of things and it appears untouched. It will last a very long time. For $5 it's a winner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 4:55:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this tonight just b/c of the smell and the cutesy retro tin package. I haven't used it much yet except on my torn cuticle, but I noticed that it made it hurt a little less! At first, this smells very 'mediciney' & that would belie it as a harsh product, but if you sniff harder you'll notice the smell is just from the lavender & the formula is really very good & healing. I'm gonna try this on my piercing scars & my undereye circles & see if it does anything. If not, I'll keep it around just to sniff it.

UPDATE 6-1-04: I have a hellacious bruise on my leg & after 2 weeks, it still showed no signs of going away. I tried this stuff on it last night on a whim, thinking "Yeah right- how can a topical ointment do anything for a subcutaneous bruise?" But now today I noticed that the bruise does look a LOT better! How wierd! I guess this does work on bruises.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2004 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Atreau

I use this for simple scrapes or bruises and it does help, especially for little cuts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2003 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Kate123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this, but I wish the little tin were easier to open. I like the weird herb-y smell of it. Great for little cuts, scrapes, blisters, bug bites and cat scatches. A must-have in the summertime. Also good for dry cuticles in the winter. (I think it's better for that purpose than the lemon cuticle cream, although I like the smell of the lemon one too. Both are hard to open.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2003 4:30:00 PM More reviews by thurstonslovey

This little tin can perform small miracles. Any sort of irritated skin/abrasion/dry patch is gone within a day or two of using this ointment. It's usefulness seems endless. Can't say enough wonderful things about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2003 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jalin

I tried this at the recommendation of *shamrocked* after I recently burned my arm! It is very soothing and has an herbal, medicinal smell. I was quite concerned about scarring because the burn raised my skin, but thankfully it seems to be healing. This comes in the same type of tin as the Lemon Cuticle Butter for those familiar with Burt's Bees products...which means it can be difficult to open. Aside from that, this is a handy little product to keep around.