Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), juglans regia (walnut) shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cocamidoproply betaine, kaolin, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol, carbomer 940, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben.

on 7/27/2009 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love the fine granules in this product. St. Ives is so rough! I feel like this is a lot more gentle on my skin.

on 7/14/2009 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I don't know if this deep cleans or anything really, I just use it to exfoliate...and it does a good job :)
You get a lot for your money.
I would like it more if it had a flip tab opening.

on 6/27/2009 4:14:00 PM

so this isn't really a review more so a helpful comment for those Canadians out there. You can no longer purchanse this product from well.ca but you can order many Queen Helene products at http://www.aviva.ca with 8.99 shipping.. I think they ship to the U.S. as well. Just thought it would be helpful :)

on 6/19/2009 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow, I almost forgot about this nifty scrub! I purchased this when I lived in Arizona while on a hair dye run to fix my halfway-there-bleach-blond-from-black hair episode. The lady at Sally's was completely selling my mom on this skincare system, and though my skin was close to perfect at the time, I still had a few blackheads on my nose that I'd secretly been trying to convince myself were freckles. The saleswomen immediately shoved this scrub in my hand, and I have to say, for $4 it was a bargain.
The tube is large, with plenty of the scrub in it, and is perfect for sitting in the shower. I had this for about a year, but stupidly left it when we moved to NC.
I didn't use it every day, but at least once a week, and it was perfect for refreshing my face on those hot AZ days. I really feel a strong pull to go out and purchase this again once my Aveeno scrub is running low.

on 6/6/2009 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This didn't cut it for me. I thought i tried it after trying the mint julep masque and figure that I would probably like the face scrub too. At first, I really liked it because of the small grains. It felt like a really nice massage, but then after weeks of using it, my face was a bit blotchy and my face didn't really feel clean. It would be great if you didn't have oily skin, but I do so I need something that can get rid of the junk on my skin.

this is the best exofilater ever....it smells great and when you wash it off...ur face is extremely soft...5 stars product

on 5/28/2009 8:20:00 AM

This scrub just doesn't do it for me. The grains are small, and it doesn't feel like I'm getting a good exfoliation like I do with St Ives (I actually prefer larger grains). I get this weird, 'fingernails on a chalkboard' feeling when I use this, and I swear it feels like it leaves a residue on my skin. The bottle isn't a flip-top, it's the kind that you have to screw off, which isn't very convenient in the shower. My skin doesn't look at better, in fact, it's somewhat blotchy. I will use this up on my body, but I would not buy again, even if it is only $3.

on 5/26/2009 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this after I tried the shea butter scrub, which I loved. I also use the Mint Julep shampoo as a makeup remover on my face since it's sulfate-free. This smells VERY different than the shampoo, the shampoo smells like Winterfresh Mint Gum. This smells....more herbal than mint.

Something smells off, and not totally pleasing in the scent. I got this in hopes it would tingle, and sadly for me it does not. It does ok as a scrub, it is however more harsh than the Shea Butter Scrub. I think when I finish my bottle up I will go back to the Shea. I will not purchase this again due to the off-scent. continued >>

on 5/19/2009 1:01:00 PM

I don't love the way this smells.
It reminds me of the St. Ives scrub in texture. A little grainy but very small grains, not scratchy. I have somewhat sensitive skin, but with some T-zone oiliness and the occasional breakout. This scrub stings a bit when I apply it (the Mint Julip masque did as well, for me.)

I don't think this is for me. I've been switching all my skincare products to all-natural/organic but I made an exception for this b/c it was so well-reviewed and popular (and CHEAP!) However, I don't think this will stick around. I did, however, like it better than the Pomegranate Raspberry (I think that's what it's called, not sure, I chunked it b/c it burned my face really harshly).

I've been using the alba botanica advanced scrub and mask. Like them better and they have no parabens and have a nicer ingredient list! It's worth the extra money for that, IMO.

on 5/19/2009 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ what can I say?? I ♥ it!!! this stuff is great is not harsh on ur skin and it leaves it feeling super soft and clean! I have finally found a GREAT scrub and is DIRT cheap!!! WILL definately buy again!!!