July 24, 2014 | 1761 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after I tried the shea butter scrub, which I loved. I also use the Mint Julep shampoo as a makeup remover on my face since it's sulfate-free. This smells VERY different than the shampoo, the shampoo smells like Winterfresh Mint Gum. This smells....more herbal than mint.

Something smells off, and not totally pleasing in the scent. I got this in hopes it would tingle, and sadly for me it does not. It does ok as a scrub, it is however more harsh than the Shea Butter Scrub. I think when I finish my bottle up I will go back to the Shea. I will not purchase this again due to the off-scent. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by alisoncooks

I don't love the way this smells.
It reminds me of the St. Ives scrub in texture. A little grainy but very small grains, not scratchy. I have somewhat sensitive skin, but with some T-zone oiliness and the occasional breakout. This scrub stings a bit when I apply it (the Mint Julip masque did as well, for me.)

I don't think this is for me. I've been switching all my skincare products to all-natural/organic but I made an exception for this b/c it was so well-reviewed and popular (and CHEAP!) However, I don't think this will stick around. I did, however, like it better than the Pomegranate Raspberry (I think that's what it's called, not sure, I chunked it b/c it burned my face really harshly).

I've been using the alba botanica advanced scrub and mask. Like them better and they have no parabens and have a nicer ingredient list! It's worth the extra money for that, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ what can I say?? I ♥ it!!! this stuff is great is not harsh on ur skin and it leaves it feeling super soft and clean! I have finally found a GREAT scrub and is DIRT cheap!!! WILL definately buy again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by defectivegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this scrub! I use this four times a week and St. Ives Apricot scrub in between. These paired together for me has done wonders! The small grains create the perfect lather to remove dead skin cells and help even out the texture of your skin. It has made my complexion brighter and clearer than it has ever been. I have very sensitive and oily skin, this leaves my skin soft and feeling clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Candiez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I love this product. It cleans my face so well. The small grains does a great job exfoliating my face. My face has gotten a lot smoother and clearer. :O)

It cleans makeup off really well, just be careful not to get it in your eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great scrub. I used to use St. Ives apricot scrub, but I think maybe they changed the formulation (not sure though) and it didn't seem to be doing the same job it used to. Anyway, this one is great, lots of fine granules, very inexpensive, smells good. I think it's worth mentioning that because of the fine nature of the granules, once I got one in my eye and didn't wash it out properly. My cornea basically got a mild abrasion and it wasn't serious but really uncomfortable-so do close your eyes when you're scrubbing and don't open them until all the product is washed off your face!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I gout this after reading the reviews and my facialist said I needed to exfoliate more. I use this daily and love it! The smell is not over-minty and isn't too grity. I like this more than the St Ives Apricot one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very mild, and very soothing. It is an extremely gentle deep clean and I use it basically every night to get all of my makeup off.

Inside when you usually have granules meant to scrub off the dead skin they are often larger an quite harsh. However in this product, the scrubbing agent is extremely finely milled and definitely does not harm your face.

Absolutely great product, especially for the price...there are things that are much much more expensive than this and don't work half as good as this one does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

For anyone that hates St Ives scrub, then this is for you..it is not harsh..at all! This is a very gentle exfoliating scrub, with a nice mild mint fragrance. It rinses off clean and leaves my skin smooth. I typically use it in the shower. I picked it up at Sally's for about $4. One thing I don't care for is the twist off cap, its a pain in the shower, twisting it on and off with wet hands, especially once u have the product on one hand, a flip top would be nicer (but that's a small gripe). Its in a pretty big tube, so it should last a while, you only need a little bit. If you like to exfoliate daily and want something mild and easy on your skin, then pick this up...works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by chewydg

Omg I love this scrub! I came on MUA the other day after my coworker recommended it to me. I looked up everything I used and totally did a turn around with evrything I use. Anyways bout this product...I think this is the best scrub I've ever used and normally I use st.Ives or one of the clean and clear scrubs. I've noticed my skin is extremely smooth!