April 17, 2014 | 1865 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by specialkalle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in translucent 3. I really wanted a pretty compact powder to carry around with me, and this is it. The powder is finely milled and looks good when used with a fluffy brush, you can also get more coverage if you use the little powder puff. If this wasn't Chanel, I would never have paid $45 for a powder, but it is and I'm a make up junkie. I am willing to try new things but wouldn't necessarily recommend it because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2006 5:49:00 PM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The first time I can remember wanting makeup was when I was about 7, eating luch with my grandmother. I saw a business woman in the tea room, chicly powdering her nose with a chanel compact. I've wanted one ever since. I purchased my first one in a Nordies GWP event, sure that after 11 years anticipation I would surely be disappointed.
I have severe combo skin; shiny in the T-zone and chin, but dry as the Sahara everywhere else. This powder is fabulous. It mattifies my oilies, without drying my skin out.
The puff included is the most functional of it's kind I've ever seen, with a soft, fluffy side for blotting and a nubbier side for more coverage. It's quite sheer, so if you're looking for a foundation, I would try one of the other powders in the brand.
However, as a pressed blotting powder, it is amazing. When I powder my nose, I don't feel like I'm sopping up an oil slick. I feel like that chic business lady powdering her nose in a tea room.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Lucrecia

This is an average product for me. It is sheer and doesn't give much coverage so it's good as a setting powder. However, that's about it...nothing so special about the texture or quality. I love the glamourous compact and the fact that it doesn't oxidise (unlike MAC Select Sheer). Only a few months after the first use, the surface also becomes hardened. I got this from Sephora in the states and paid about 45 US for it. For that price, this product is a disappointment!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by elli888

My powder code was #30 Naturel and i have fair-medium with yellowish tone complexion. The texture of the powder is fine n smooth but too thick for me n i think it made my complexion appeared dark after awhile. Packaging is classy with the velvet pouch. Dont like the puff that comes with it (thin n square). I find it hard to use. I dont like the smell of the powder too. So i gave it to my aunty. I find it a waste of money for something that doesnt add up to my expectations. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 6:07:00 AM More reviews by iriss

This pressed powder is smooth, sheer, looks great and doesn't cake. Also it didn't break me out. I purchased 20-clair, i'm fair with pink undertones. I have some little freckles on my nose and my upper cheeks. Covering is light but that's what i want.( i don't have pimples and no need coverage). Powder is smooth and gives natural looking. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by cron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this in Peche (with tiny little sparkles, looks chic) to accompany my Poudre Universel Libre in the same shade. I wasn't sure what to expect of this pressed powder and how it would deal with my combination skin. Well, it passed very well :) I apply it in the morning and it will keep me matte for at least four hours which is very decent, considering this is not a matte powder. I need to apply only a very thin layer so it's quite economical. I've been using this for cca two months and the CHANEL stamping in the powder has only just come off. The only bad thing is that stupid sponge. It looks very cheap and gets dirty very easily. I'll try to replace it. I'm afraid this won't suit my combo skin during the summer months though, we'll see and I'll write an update then. I believe I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I found this product okay......the color is natural.....coverage is natural.....but i'm not sure if the quality is really consistence with the cost of it.......it almost give me the same look as my other powder but i gotta admitt no matter how much i use throughout the day.....it never gives me fine lines around my mouth or anywhere else like i use to at the end of the days.........but again...the packaging is really bad......... i think i'm not far from losing the plastic frame and having to make my own or something....also....it doesn't matify that well......so probably will try to look for something else when i'm done with this.......and you know in that price range you can almost have every options in the market.......UPDATE: color is too dark for me liked i'm tring to fake a tan.......coverage is not enough for my uneven skin tone...end up getting the double perfection compact at the end ...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2006 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ladymastro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE, LOVE this stuff. It goes on so light and sheer, and is the perfect "topper" for my Chanel TN foundation. It completely absorbs any excess oils and evens out my skin without making me look chalky. I have yellow skin tones and used to wear BB and MAC before, but this is my favorite of them all. HG :).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by saeal

An okay pressed powder. I bought this for about 15 dollars or so while on a planeride to Japan, but after checking its actual retail price no way I'm going to repurchase this. I use a powder brush to apply this and yet I can see where exactly I puffed! Color choices are fine, but the powder itself needs to be much finer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by KMcCallum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful, Light, SHEER Powder!!!! I love this powder. It looks so natural and gives you a Healthy Skin Glow!!! It makes your skin look flawless without looking like you have a makeup-mask on! I bought it off of the Internet and it was pretty cheap compared to buying in the Dept. Store. Will buy it AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!