Garnier Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

2.6

on 8/7/2003 3:29:00 AM

When I first tried this shampoo, I fell in love with it. It made my thick, heavy hair soft and shiny and so light. I was having good hair days everyday and was raving about the shampoo to whoever would listen. I've been using this shampoo everyday and now I'm down to the last few uses. Well, now my hair is a huge messy ball of grease! The buildup is horrible and I have never experienced buildup no matter how long I use a shampoo! It's like someone smeared vaseline on the top of my head. I had to wash my hair 6 times with 3 different shampoos and that still didn't work. I finally used a bar of soap and that got most of it out. Another round or two with the soap and I think my hair will be back to normal. I will not be buying this again.

on 8/3/2003 3:30:00 PM

I love the smell of this shampoo! It makes my hair feel clean without that "stripped" feeling. I have been using it with the Dry & Damaged conditioner and have been very happy with the results.
EDIT: After using for a bottle or two, my hair started acting "weird" and totally unmanageable. I had to stop using this.

on 7/27/2003 9:46:00 PM

This was something I tried on a whim, and it was fabulous. I have dry and thick hair. I loved the way it made my hair feel after the shower. I mean I did not have to kill myself just brushing it out. It made it silky. It is something I would buy again in the shampoo aisle.

on 7/6/2003 6:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i love the scent of this shampoo, its fruity...it builds a good lather and my hair feels clean afterwards,i got it on sale for $1.99 :D overall its a pretty good shampoo

on 5/15/2003 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Fructis conditioners, but my scalp does not like something in the shampoos. Like with Pantene, my scalp gets a buildup after one or two uses. Also, the bottles for Fructis are so slender and slippery that it's hard to get the last drop of product out of the bottle, and because the cover for the bottle is raised, the bottle can't be easily tipped upside down to get the product out. I do use the conditioner every day though, but I make sure it doesn't come near my scalp.

on 5/6/2003 2:31:00 AM

I rate this the same as the conditioner but I don't see why people swarm over this stuff.
It didn't smell all that great and I didn't think it got my hair as clean as my normal brand (Dove)
I had trouble getting it to rinse out and I don't think my hair is a shinny as it normally is.
I won't buy again and I recomend that you don't fall for all the hype.

on 5/5/2003 2:39:00 AM

've been using Redken's All Soft line and decided it was time for a change. I tried this shampoo for dry or damaged hair from Fructis and it is AMAZING! It lathered really well and did a good job of cleansing my hair without stripping it completely dry and dull. I loved the scent of it as well. Overall I was pleasantly surprised for a drugstore product which was very reasonably priced.

on 4/22/2003 9:36:00 PM

this review is from my bf who has bouffy, frizzy, dry hair. if he doesn't put gel in it, it seriously look like he's turned into chewbacca!
he's been using fructis dry and damaged for 2 months now, and i can vouch for the fact that it's the only thing that has made his wiry hair soft to the touch, tame (about half the amount of gel he used to use) and generally much better!

on 4/10/2003 7:26:00 PM

Smells good! Leaves my hair soft and smooth.

on 3/27/2003 4:24:00 AM

Revised 11/12
This is just okay. Much like the conditioner, it worked well at first, then its effectiveness faded away. Too bad, I thought I had found a HG.

Popular Shampoos