The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alchohol Denat., Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Water, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 10/28/2006 2:43:00 PM

I originally purchased the Vitamin E range as an emergency back up when I was careless and ran out of my usual product and it turned out to be the best thing I ever did. By comparision The Body Shops products made me realise how harsh my previous product was being on my face, when I went to re-use it I felt like I may as well have been stripping my skin with paint thinner compared to how gentle the Vitamin E range treated me.

I love using this product as I work in a heavily air conditioned office and find it does give my skin quite a hard time. I use it over my make up first thing in the morning to set my make up (yes, it's true, it does work!) and can use it during the day without spoiling my foundation. Does wonders on a hot afternoon and is a must have handbag item!

on 10/14/2006 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this stuff for about a year now, and keep it in my "flight bag" for long air flights (prior to the liquids ban). I use it primarily to keep my skin hydrated during the flight, and it works great either with or without makeup. On long flights I like to spray frequently, though, and there does seem to be a little "build up", but it's not really bad. I don't use this every day as a normal part of my skin care, so for my purposes (keeping my skin from shriveling up during a flight) it fits the bill. Packaging is an A+. The atomizer generates an effective, fine mist that is surprisingly good considering how inexpensive this product is (compared to others like Clinique Moisture Surge spray). Can't say I regret this purchase, but not sure if I would re-buy it before trying other products like it.

on 4/18/2006 12:42:00 PM

I loved The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist and the way it made my combo skin feel very soft and hydrated, but I discovered it was giving me zits. I think it might have been the Vitamin E. Too bad because it smelled great, felt nice on my skin, and came in a cute bottle that I could carry around in my purse.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin that's a bit sensitive so when I first used this it stung a bit. But since then my skin has gotten used to it. I use it during the night because I don't want to be using some heavy night cream that clogs my whole skin. The face mist is really light weight but still givs you that extra bit of moist you need after cleansing your face. The reason why I wouldn't buy this product again is because I'm keeping an eye open for something else. Great to use over make up btw but I'm not too fond of the rose fragrance

This is a nice, refreshing moisture mist that can be sprayed on, even over makeup, whenever you need a hit of moisture. I compare it to Clinique Moisture Surge mist, although this seems somewhat thicker. For me this is primarily a fall/winter product, as during the summer my face is oily enough that my morning moisturizer lasts all day. I like to use this when the electric heat indoors is drying out my skin, or when traveling via airplane. To me the main advantage is the pump delivery system, which means I can use it even with a full face of makeup, whereas I might not want to smear on a lotion thereby disturbing my foundation. I prefer this to products like Evian mist, since it has the added benefit of vitamin E and moisturizers, not just expensive aerosolized water (plus the pump means no propellant chemicals). I hope to find this in a trial size to stick in my purse at some point. Honestly, I just think it's fun to use. I like th smell too. Look for it on sale, as TBS isn't a cheap place to shop.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great product to splash on when in a hurry. Or working in front of the computer (yes it`s extra-important to moisturize then). Or spray on just before sleep. Or actually whenever. I really think this is a great product, & the scent is really lovely of fresh pink roses! It does feel like a "moist protection shield" on my face. And it really makes my skin baby-soft! & the price is great too =)!! Really do **recommend** this product! Works well on my very sensitive skin!

on 9/8/2005 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the rosy smell, but somehow it leaves a greasy non-clean feel in to my face.

on 3/13/2005 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

OK, I'm in the minority here...I have very sensitive skin, and I cannot use this product on my face. Shortly after trying it out, I had the gross red bumps erupt on the right cheek. It's a great concept of a light moisturizer with vitamin E, but whatever is included in the concoction is no good for the skin on my face. I would note that I am disappointed - it's very inexpensive (compared to my usual splurges on Darphin and Sisley)...One nice thing about this product is that it includes rosewater, so you are left with lightly scented skin (very pretty!). I will use up my bottle on my decolletage and arms (nice and refreshing on those warmer days -- and the skin on my body is not nearly as sensitive as my face)...

I like this ok. It does a nice job of refreshing the skin, especially on a plane, but the ingredients don't appear to be too beneficial (for example, the second ingredient is butylene glycol, which is basically only used to enhance the preservative activity of parabens). I've since found a private label mist from a spa that I like much better. Would not repurchase.

on 9/26/2004 2:15:00 PM

i immediantly have to go out and buy more of this after i run out. it`s so light and really refreshes my non-problematic skin. i would recommend this to people who are outdoors a lot in the cool weather whose skin tends to dry and feel tight.. however i just use it wherever i am, whatever the season.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products