December 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2003 1:30:00 AM More reviews by angelchaser

I use this for my brows every day. (with the 266 brush) I have quite dark hair, and it matches perfectly. I also line my eyes with it on occasion, but I can't say I have ever used it as a shadow. It has become a daily staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2003 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mandy122f

A very dark matte purple, very pigmented. Ideal for use as a liner, but personally I find it too dark for any other use. An ideal product for lining, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2003 1:22:00 PM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I generally steer clear of dark colors like this, but I got my eyes done at the MAC counter and she used Discrete as a wash, Nocturnelle in the crease, and then darkened the outer crease with Shadowy Lady and it looked AMAZING. So I broke down and bought them all. I also use this with any color that has purple or purple tones (Trax, Seedy Pearl, etc.). It is so lovely, but use with a light hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2003 7:58:00 PM More reviews by verorl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I bought this shadow! I was at the MAC counter and the MA suggested it with the shadows I was buying (quarry, shroom, and shale). It looks like a very dark purple/eggplant color on the pot, and it looks a little darker and smokier in my lids. This color also brings out the amber tones in my brown eyes. I have used it just as a liner and also to create a smoky look, and love it both ways. It is very versatile!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2003 3:24:00 PM More reviews by sonicRED

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is so pigmented and wonderful. I tested it at a discount cosmetic store and sincerely regret buying it for $8.50. I then kept thinking about it and wanting it more and more and I ended up paying full retail for it. It's so pretty! Very rich, deep plum color - almost black. Wonderful as a liner. One of MAC's best shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2003 4:17:00 AM More reviews by linda123

Shadow Lady is a very dark matte purple. I love wearing this color with Mac crystal on lid. Itīs a great party look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2003 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great eyeshadow. It's a *deep* plum, matte finish, that I like to use with Smut to create an evening, smoky eye. Wonderful staying power and no creasing (when used with MAC Untitled paint).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 2:48:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very dark matte gray black that works great as a liner when used wet or dry. It stays put and holds up well on my lids. It works with just about anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2003 7:57:00 AM More reviews by debby

Packaging
This comes in a little round pot with a flip-top lid, but I removed the pan to put into a 4-pan palette for convenience.

Product
This is a gorgeous deep midnight purple. I use it dry for a smokey eye look, and wet (with a slightly wet MAC #266 angled eyeliner brush) to line my eyes. Gorgeous! But I would recommend an eyeliner sealant 'cos I seem to get smudges under my eyes after some time has passed. Not sure why.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2002 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Zezzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just tried this new eyeshadow from MAC...it's part of their Fall line called Sleek Chic.

It's a dark color but it smokes out beautifully and it works on all types of people...I'm blonde with blue eyes and it looked good and my friend who's brunette with brown eyes used it too and loved it.