MAC Matte - Shadowy Lady

4.1

on 1/15/2004 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Deep matte plum purple--my new favorite MAC shadow liner! So gorgeous--really picks up hazel/bluish eyes! Dark and less harsh then true black. Love it.

on 12/20/2003 1:30:00 AM

I use this for my brows every day. (with the 266 brush) I have quite dark hair, and it matches perfectly. I also line my eyes with it on occasion, but I can't say I have ever used it as a shadow. It has become a daily staple for me.

on 9/12/2003 2:59:00 PM

A very dark matte purple, very pigmented. Ideal for use as a liner, but personally I find it too dark for any other use. An ideal product for lining, though.

on 8/31/2003 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I generally steer clear of dark colors like this, but I got my eyes done at the MAC counter and she used Discrete as a wash, Nocturnelle in the crease, and then darkened the outer crease with Shadowy Lady and it looked AMAZING. So I broke down and bought them all. I also use this with any color that has purple or purple tones (Trax, Seedy Pearl, etc.). It is so lovely, but use with a light hand!

on 8/17/2003 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so glad I bought this shadow! I was at the MAC counter and the MA suggested it with the shadows I was buying (quarry, shroom, and shale). It looks like a very dark purple/eggplant color on the pot, and it looks a little darker and smokier in my lids. This color also brings out the amber tones in my brown eyes. I have used it just as a liner and also to create a smoky look, and love it both ways. It is very versatile!

on 7/29/2003 3:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is so pigmented and wonderful. I tested it at a discount cosmetic store and sincerely regret buying it for $8.50. I then kept thinking about it and wanting it more and more and I ended up paying full retail for it. It's so pretty! Very rich, deep plum color - almost black. Wonderful as a liner. One of MAC's best shadows.

on 7/14/2003 4:17:00 AM

Shadow Lady is a very dark matte purple. I love wearing this color with Mac crystal on lid. Itīs a great party look.

on 3/13/2003 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Great eyeshadow. It's a *deep* plum, matte finish, that I like to use with Smut to create an evening, smoky eye. Wonderful staying power and no creasing (when used with MAC Untitled paint).

on 2/25/2003 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very dark matte gray black that works great as a liner when used wet or dry. It stays put and holds up well on my lids. It works with just about anything.

on 1/1/2003 7:57:00 AM

Packaging
This comes in a little round pot with a flip-top lid, but I removed the pan to put into a 4-pan palette for convenience.

Product
This is a gorgeous deep midnight purple. I use it dry for a smokey eye look, and wet (with a slightly wet MAC #266 angled eyeliner brush) to line my eyes. Gorgeous! But I would recommend an eyeliner sealant 'cos I seem to get smudges under my eyes after some time has passed. Not sure why.
continued >>