April 24, 2014 | 1904 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by MzSunkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried almost every hair dye line from the drugstore and Sally's Beauty Supply. I've been dying my hair for like 10 years now and Feria is my all time fav. I always like trying new things and shades but have come to realize my hair looks and feels the best whenever I use this dye. Some say it's bad for ur hair, but my hair is always healthy looking/feeling after using it. The brown shades truely do shimmer and sparkle which is why I love it, alot of dark dye's will give u shiney hair but it will be 1 flat color, Feria gives u gorgeous dimension. It smells great for a dye and the conditioner is so nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by GlamourGirl528

By far Feria is my FAVORITE at home hair dye. Ive been using Jet black and its gorgeous!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by stephdodt

Gorgeous colors, fades quicker than any other boxed hair dye I've tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by pepeleru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh! Worst home hair dye ever!! I usually use Preference or Excellence and have done everything from bleaching to darkening with Loreal products with great results, esp given the price and the fact its drugstore dye. Feria was on sale and the box colours looked so pretty I decided to go for it. Big fat huge freaking mistake. Dried the absolute s*#t out of my hair, made it a crazy orangey blonde colour, the conditioner was also crap and didn't moisturize my hair at all. I had to use a chelating treatment the next morning to remove some of the dye and ran to the store (with a hat on) and bought my tried and true Preference. Voila! Gorgeous hair colour again, even DH loves the colour (medium blonde type colour from a super duper dark shade)m much better conditioner too. I cracked up writing this review because an ad came on the tv saying how Feria was voted best dye by consumers! Which ones?! Lol . Will never ever ever buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by evbenavides

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a minute. I do love the color (black) but doesnt last that long. It fades really fast and for the life of me I could not figure out why my hair was always so dry. Then one day I was at a friend house and the commerical came on and she said that this hair color is not good fro your hair it dries your hair out. So I decided to read some reviews on it and BAM everyone is saying the same thing. The only best thing about this Hair Color is the conditioner, But after this review I will not be using it again!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Krisztina80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used silver blonde on my hair two times now. my hair is naturally medium-dark brown, so i didnt expect anything even resembling silver blonde. instead, it is a pretty strawberry blonde, not yellow, not orange thou, so im really happy with it, because blonde dye usually lightens my hair only a few shades, and it becomes reddish light brown.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Beaumonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Color me bad - L'OREAL'S FERIA

I'm not the biggest fan of the Feria line of hair colour. If you have dark-brown or black hair, there's slim pickings. The two darkest shades will work if your hair is a true jet or blue-black. What I need is an in-between shade between darkest brown and black.

Feria is for those who like bold shades in their hair. With this product, the whole world will know you colour your hair as there's nothing natural about some of the shades in the line.
If however, you have blonde or Titian tresses, Feria has plenty of shades to choose from.

Feria's colour doesn't last more than a fortnight before the gray shows through. For a few days, you get the usual gleam to your hair.

~ And Feria left my hair feeling dry and straw-like, as if all the moisture was leached out of it. The ends were stiff and and wiry and all the deep treatments couldn't help. It's harsh on the scalp - mine felt tight and itchy for a week afterwards.

(What IS great about Feria is the accompanying conditioner. That discovery alone made the Feria experiment worthwhile for me.)

Since then, I've gone back and forth between Clairol Nice N' Easy in Soft Black, Natural Black & Darkest Brown; L'oreal's Preference in Natural Black; Clairol's 10 Minute colour in Black and Dark Brown (again, no in-between shade bridging black and dark brown!; L'Oreal's line for dark hair in Sally Beauty Supply; Garnier's new 10 Minute colour in Soft Black - and Revlon's Colorsilk.

** And say what they will, ALL of the above have the gray's peeking out within a week or two, and that despite not washing the hair for 2 days post-colour AND using the appropriate shampoo/conditioner for colour-treated hair.

I don't plan on using Feria again unless there are one or two new shades for really dark hair instead of the lacklustre options L'Oreal offers us at present. Boring shades I can live with if my hair feels reasonably soft ~ but boring AND dry combined? I think NOT.

And THAT'S why I no longer use L'Oreal's Feria ~ because I'M worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very pretty colors fade EXTRAORDINARILY fast. Murder on the scalp.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I HATED THIS! It completely ruined my hair. I got a blond shade and ended up with yellow hair, with green and orange streaks. It fried my locks and I ended up having to chop off half of my hair. From the bottom of my shoulderblades, up to my chin.

That alone explains this product from hell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sassygirrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I dyed my hair using the Rich Mahogany shade. I love it! In today's economy, one of the things that I just can't afford is the visit to the salon for color or highlights anymore. I wanted something that had some POP and this was it! It's a rich, dark brown with red undertones that show up in certain lighting. Very nice. My hair is a little dry, but my previous color was brown with bleached highlights. I'll try this line again, Feria has some nice colors to try.