July 31, 2014 | 1729 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by sacs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this product i have only tried a few other self tanners and this one is the best one layer is a subtle sun kissed look and two layers made me look as if i went on vacation. i enjoy this over most because it starts out a brown color instead of a white cream this helps because you can see the areas you need to rub in more after appling i wipe the the usual problem areas with a dry paper towel and so far it has been flawlless

** for those of you complaining about how it looks on your face its not meant for face they have a separate bottle for face that contains no sparkles! (luckily i got it in a special three pack face, body and scrub so i never tried the regular stuff on my face) will definatly buy again i havent run out yet but ive already been scanning drug stores so ill know where to repurchase

love it

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by BeeTruthful

i have used many self tanners , and they never worked . i resulted to tanning beds for about a month , but then i got scared and stopped .
i decided to buy this tanner on a whim , and im so glad i did .
it was a little pricey at 13 bucks, but its well worth it .
it has a light smell that i actually like, and application is very smooth and streak free.
the only thing i dont like is the shimmer in it .. its sort of unecessary and i dont like it on my face.
i only use this once , maybe twice a week , and it gives me a beautiful glow . ive been asked numerous times if i have gone tanning !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Talste

I'm a sunless tan novice, I can count on 1 hand the number of previous tanning experiences I've had which are 2 streaky orange nightmares when I was a teenager, a spray tan in my 20's and a gradual tanner also in my 20's.

My arms have a healthy tan as I usually wear sleeveless tops however my legs are a whiter shade of pale as they're always covered up by long skirts or pants so I thought it was time I give sunless tanning another try, I did a bit of research and purchased sublime along with another 2 brands that had good reviews.

I've only used this product just over a week but for an absolute novice I'm really impressed with the results.

The application process I followed is;
1. I use the clarisonic spot therapy brush & L'oreal exfotonic to exfoliate then rinse off the scrub in the shower and pat dry my legs.

2. I wear disposable gloves and apply the L'Oreal Sublime to my legs in a circular motion, I think applying in that "polishing" circular motion is the key to a non streaky applications, as you polish a window or car in the same manner to avoid streaks (wax on/wax off, lol) so it makes sense to apply the tan in the same manner.

3. Once I'm complete I wait about 3 mins before dressing.

Results; 3 applications this week resulted in a lovely golden tan that matched my arms perfectly, No orange, No streaks, No blotchiness ! Not bad for a beginner!

The product is lightly fragranced however the smell dissipates after a while leaving the fake tan smell that's common with the few other products I have tried.

The product also contains shimmer so I would be hesitant to use it on my face but on my legs the shimmer just enhances the tanned appearance of my legs. So far I'm happy with the results so I hope the other 2 brands I have purchased but am yet to try live up to the L'Oreal sublimes results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by disney95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought many fake tans, and this seems to be the best!
There is a nice fragrance to the tanner, without it being too overpowering.
It has a shimmery effect to it too!
There is a nice choice of colours, (there is only 2, but they match me and my friends perfectly!)
The only problem I'm finding is that I would like to get myself a spray on tanner, simply because I would like a change from time to time. Any recommendations?
Thanks! && a must-buy!! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

This is in my top 10 for worst self-tanners, it was really streaky and turned me a dirty shiny orange color. It smells horrible too, like burnt hair or skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a HUGE fan of self tanners. The sun is so terrible for your skin and ages you so fast! Obviously some sun is good for you, unfortunately I work nights so I'm generally sleeping when it's daytime outside, but at least 2-3 time a month I make a point of waking up early and go sit by the pool for 45 minutes to an hour, but 90% of my tan comes from a self tanner. I've also noticed I do get better results when I get some sun once in awhile too, so my sun/self tanning regime works out pretty well with little to no sun damage. I used to use this exact tinted lotion, but I now use the regular non-tinted lotion which is in like, a rectangular tube (which I can't find on here to review), and it is way better. As with any self tanner, you just have to be careful when applying, and if you are you'll get great results. I take about 20 minutes to get this on my entire body because I keep rubbing and rubbing and rubbing in the lotion, and when I think it's all rubbed in, I rub some more! I've streaked myself up pretty bad a few times, but it was my own fault for not paying attention and rushing. If I do a good job you would never know my tan was fake. The tinted version is good if you tend to streak yourself up because you can see where you've put it, but I don't have that problem because I'm really careful and I only use this at night before I go to bed then rinse it in the morning, so I don't need the instant tint (not to mention it gets all over the sheets, even with the non-tinted stuff I usually sleep on a towel because it rubs off). I've tried a few other self tanners but this one gives me a great looking tan after only one application and it isn't orange at all. I used to use Neutrogena Build a tan but it would take at least a few applications to get a decent tan and it smelled really strong (Sublime has a much lighter smell), and had an orangey tint to it. With this product I only need to use it maybe twice a month to keep up a decent tan, more often if I really want to stay dark, and it's not orangey at all. At about $10 a tube I can generally do 5-6 total body applications. That's dirt cheap! And no sun damage - that's the best part.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by stephanielee5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i don't understand all of these positive comments. I have tried this with 4 different applications and not one of them turned out okay. streaky/splotchy orange and glittery. boo.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Leeah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This so far is the only self tanner I keep going back to. The thing I hate most about it, though, is the glitter that's in it. I try to put it on at night, let it dry, then sleep. If I do it right, it comes out fine. But sometimes I forget so that means I need to put it on before showering and give it a few hours. The glitter isn't subtle enough for me to walk out of the house with it on. Despite all of this, I love the stuff. The color is instant which I really like. I'm kind of pale, so especially in winter, I like something that you'll see right away and not take forever to develop. If you use it every other day, the color will last. I don't think it's fake looking, but this could be because I don't put on numerous applications. I use one "layer" and that's all. It is just enough to make me look alive, which is all I really want. I use it in the summer also, along with other self-tanners that I'm trying out. So far, I've had good results, so I'll keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by LinaJo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great for my face. It has that instant "tan" look in just a few minutes after applying it on. And looks great for the winter coming on.

CONS: It smells bad and has an awful taste (if you accidently get it on your lips). And has a wet feeling until in dries.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Samba24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Need something to cure the winter blues? This is a great self-tanner if used properly. Must exfoliate, must moisturize and be careful with knees, elbows, ankles etc. Easy to build up to a nice colour (not too much or else it will be fake-looking) Be careful can be really shiny if using on face (especially the forehead) I use it at night, a few hours before heading to bed, than in the morning i do my usual face wash regime, leaves nice natural looking tan.