L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

3.4

on 5/10/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the most natural self tanner I've used... I have warm/golden yellowy undertones and it doesn't make me orangy at all. It's potent, so I apply it after a shower or add a bit of lotion to it first.

I've also used to Sublime Bronze with instant color, but it has so much sparkle I feel like a dancer!

on 5/10/2010 9:20:00 PM

I am really liking this stuff. I have fair-medium skin and tan easily. I havent been to the beds in a while so my natural color is back, I bought this cause it was on sale thinking why not? I was surprised that i like it. I exfoliate with a puff in the shower,shave then apply this immediatly after toweling off,sometimes mixed with moisturizer. no streaks just good natural color on my legs and arms. now i need some for my face.

on 5/7/2010 4:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I use the sublime bronze one day tinted gel when my normal tan starts to fade on my face and neck.It gives me great results everytime and i would'nt be without it.
I apply it lightly over my moisturiser so it does'nt streak with a makeup sponge or with my finger tips.But be careful not to put it on too thickly as it will look unatural and muddy looking.
And the good thing is you can simply wash it off at the end of the day and start afresh the next.

on 5/4/2010 2:44:00 PM

Came across this product accidentally. Ran out of tan and it was the only tan available in the only open pharmacy! I am usually a disaster when it comes to tans of any kind. I am extremely fair and had grown accustomed to the fact that no tan would ever suit me. I normally resemble an oompa loompa on a night out...until now. I found it extremely easy to apply this tan with a disposable latex glove. I thought that it was a regular instant tan with a little shimmer and was worried that it might be destroyed like some others if someone spilled a drink on me. However, it dried quickly and left a light tan. I woke up the next morning and I couldn't believe how dark the tan had become. It was actually the best tan I ever put on. No streaks, which is so unusual for me. I didn't find a smell even though a friend of mine had warned me that it would develop and be pretty awful. I would definitely recommend this to any novice tanner. I will be buying again! Love this product!

on 5/4/2010 12:17:00 AM

I have been self-tanning for years, and I can think of only a time or two I've gotten splotches...until now. This stuff streaks. I think it's because it dries so quickly. This is great in a way, because it doesn't rub off on your clothes. In another way, it's not so great, because you have to work fast to get it on evenly. This tanner is not very forgiving of mistakes. If you do get a streak, you will wear it for at least 3 days, because it won't come off.

It's not for dry skin; it's the most drying self-tanner I've used.

It's glittery--not shimmery, not glowy. It has big metallic sparkles. This is sort of fun, just not on older skin with wrinkles. You can get rid of the glitter by applying lotion or moisturizer over the self-tanner, though.

The lotion has an orangy tint, which worried me a bit, but it didn't turn me orange. It's still a little too golden for a cool-skinned person like me, though.

And finally, I don't know if I got a bad tube or what, but the top snapped off and won't stay on.

There's got to be something better out there.

on 5/3/2010 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i love this product i have only tried a few other self tanners and this one is the best one layer is a subtle sun kissed look and two layers made me look as if i went on vacation. i enjoy this over most because it starts out a brown color instead of a white cream this helps because you can see the areas you need to rub in more after appling i wipe the the usual problem areas with a dry paper towel and so far it has been flawlless

** for those of you complaining about how it looks on your face its not meant for face they have a separate bottle for face that contains no sparkles! (luckily i got it in a special three pack face, body and scrub so i never tried the regular stuff on my face) will definatly buy again i havent run out yet but ive already been scanning drug stores so ill know where to repurchase

love it

on 5/1/2010 8:56:00 PM

i have used many self tanners , and they never worked . i resulted to tanning beds for about a month , but then i got scared and stopped .
i decided to buy this tanner on a whim , and im so glad i did .
it was a little pricey at 13 bucks, but its well worth it .
it has a light smell that i actually like, and application is very smooth and streak free.
the only thing i dont like is the shimmer in it .. its sort of unecessary and i dont like it on my face.
i only use this once , maybe twice a week , and it gives me a beautiful glow . ive been asked numerous times if i have gone tanning !

on 4/23/2010 8:31:00 AM

I'm a sunless tan novice, I can count on 1 hand the number of previous tanning experiences I've had which are 2 streaky orange nightmares when I was a teenager, a spray tan in my 20's and a gradual tanner also in my 20's.

My arms have a healthy tan as I usually wear sleeveless tops however my legs are a whiter shade of pale as they're always covered up by long skirts or pants so I thought it was time I give sunless tanning another try, I did a bit of research and purchased sublime along with another 2 brands that had good reviews.

I've only used this product just over a week but for an absolute novice I'm really impressed with the results.

The application process I followed is;
1. I use the clarisonic spot therapy brush & L'oreal exfotonic to exfoliate then rinse off the scrub in the shower and pat dry my legs.

2. I wear disposable gloves and apply the L'Oreal Sublime to my legs in a circular motion, I think applying in that "polishing" circular motion is the key to a non streaky applications, as you polish a window or car in the same manner to avoid streaks (wax on/wax off, lol) so it makes sense to apply the tan in the same manner.

3. Once I'm complete I wait about 3 mins before dressing.

Results; 3 applications this week resulted in a lovely golden tan that matched my arms perfectly, No orange, No streaks, No blotchiness ! Not bad for a beginner!

The product is lightly fragranced however the smell dissipates after a while leaving the fake tan smell that's common with the few other products I have tried.

The product also contains shimmer so I would be hesitant to use it on my face but on my legs the shimmer just enhances the tanned appearance of my legs. So far I'm happy with the results so I hope the other 2 brands I have purchased but am yet to try live up to the L'Oreal sublimes results.

on 4/20/2010 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have bought many fake tans, and this seems to be the best!
There is a nice fragrance to the tanner, without it being too overpowering.
It has a shimmery effect to it too!
There is a nice choice of colours, (there is only 2, but they match me and my friends perfectly!)
The only problem I'm finding is that I would like to get myself a spray on tanner, simply because I would like a change from time to time. Any recommendations?
Thanks! && a must-buy!! :)

on 1/2/2010 3:56:00 PM

This is in my top 10 for worst self-tanners, it was really streaky and turned me a dirty shiny orange color. It smells horrible too, like burnt hair or skin.