December 17, 2014 | 1693 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by shortxchic

I started using this product because I had recently started to break out a lot on my forehead. I have never broken out this much and saw this product and decided to buy it. After the first time I used it my face felt clean and really fresh. Unfortunately it did nothing because I was still breaking out all over my forehead plus some new ones in different areas of my face after a week of use. I wouldn't recommend this for someone who is trying to cleanse their face. Also, do not rub any of this product into your hairline, or around your eyebrows. I did this and as I was rinsing it off I found hairs in the sink!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Leshly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One bottle of this stuff can really last you a long time, I've had the bottle for almost a year and theres still a lot of product in it. I use this as a Mask three times a week and every since I haven't gotten a major zit! Around Summer time I was breaking out really bad and it really made me insecure about myself, but ever since I got this I stopped getting acne and it also got rid of black heads! I LOVE it so much and it saved me from feeling ugly. At first you might experience some break outs but it's good to break out when using a new skin care product because that means your face is reacting to the chemicals in the product. Best thing ever <3

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by audriannnne

Here's some background info:

I had a horrible reaction to Maxi Peel Hydroquinone Tretinoin, I literally kept getting pimples one after another, they literally would't stop.. So I was desperate for something to get rid of it. I've been using Retin-A and that seemed to do a little justice for my acne, however they were still there.

..Until I found out about this, and I was thrilled it had BP in it! The after the first day of using this I saw a HUGE difference the pimples turned into small almost scab like pimples! I was thrilled!
HOWEVER after about 3-4 days of using this as a cleanser in the morning, I began getting a lot of pimples on my forehead and it was ridiculous! And my acne scars are more red than they typically would

I don't think I will use this as a daily cleanser anymore, maybe once in a full moon.. I'll try it out as a spot treatment.. and I guess we'll see. But for now I will not use this as a cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by rainonyourparade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This irritated my skin and broke me out. I'm not sure the culprit ingredient.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by beauty121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried this product many times over the past few years and every time my skin has turned bright red and itchy for DAYS. I don't know if it ever did anything for my acne but it irritated my sensitive skin horribly. I would never recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by maddyxoxo

I love this product. It is one of the only products that works on my skin, but I do have some problems with it. First off, if you spill it or get it on a rug/towel, it doesn't come off very easily. It almost looks like it bleaches the place where you spill it. Second, it makes my face turn red after using it, I know that probably means it's working but it makes my face turn red after I remove it. With that being said, it probably isn't the best for morning use. This product is pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Kaylinde

The clear pore cleansing mask is overall a great product for me. I do not have oily or dry skin but I do get pimples every now and then. I started using the cleansing mask when I was away in Florida and noticed my skin was acting up all at once. I bought it thinking maybe this will clear up some of my pimples and a few blackheads on my nose. I love the cooling sensation I feel immedietly after slathering it on. It's a creamy, not too thick substance that dries quickly unlike other masks I've tried. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed. However I cannot yet tell if it is completely clearing up my skin because I have gotten a few more pimples since my use which has been about two months. It is still one of my favorite products and I use it about three times a week. It's a guilty pleausure product and I'd continue to purchase it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by eclairepayne

This cleanser leaves this amazing cooling sensation on your face instantly! I used this two times a day and at first i thought it was clearing my skin because of the cool feeling. But don't be fooled by it, a few days later i started noticing more pimples in my t-zone and some on my chin and cheeks that I never get pimples on. :/ I had to go back to Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash Grapefruit Scrub and Cetaphil's gentle cleanser to remove the new pimples. My skin is generally clear except for a few blackhead or scars, or occasionally a few pimples here and there, but with Neutrogena's Clear Pore Cleanser/ Mask, it did not help at all but give me new pimples. It may react differently to different types of skin but I would not suggest this to people with my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kcsunshine1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm 32 and have struggled with acne since I was 15. I did a course of Accutane at 17 and another at 19. My acne came back both times. My 20s were pretty miserable. Every time I 'celebrated' a birthday, I hoped that it would be the last year that I had to deal with acne, but it never seemed to happen. I've been to 6 dermatologists who put me on various birth control pills, antibiotics, peels, lasers, topicals. You name it, I've tried it...twice. I even went to cosmetology school to get my esthetician license thinking that if I could learn how the skin works, I would be able to 'cure' my own acne.

Around the age of 29, I figured out that my skin is VERY sensitive. I always knew it was sensitive, but I finally understood that my skin is just about as sensitive as they come. Then, I discovered this product. Looking at the ingredient list, I would have NEVER thought that my skin would tolerate this product. It contains menthol and fragrance, which are notorious 'no nos' for sensitive-skinned people. I don't know what possessed me to try it anyway, maybe intuition. My skin immediately improved. I would go through phases where I would get weak and try new products and BOOM! Horrible breakouts.

I get it now. My skin can only tolerate BP and can only tolerate it in small doses. As long as I don't stray from this, my skin stays decent. No, I will never have 'nice' skin. I (sadly) have scarring from years and years of dealing with this horrible condition, but I am no longer scared to face the world, to take a picture, to have someone touch my face. My routine is on my notepad if you're interested in the rest of it. Good luck!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I use this as my normal, every day face wash. I used to use it just as a mask, but I have found other masks in the same price range that work better.

I take my makeup off with cold cream, and then use the clear pore cleanser mask as a follow up to take off the residue the cold cream leaves behind. Ive never had a problem with it irritating or over drying my skin, I actually think its quite gentle considering the ingredients. Love, and will always repurchase.