April 16, 2014 | 1587 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - HAI Convertable Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2003 5:41:00 PM More reviews by addictive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After I bought Hai flat iron I've never had a bad hair day! Its soo good! I get my hair done soo quick. I luv this flat iron!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2003 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyBebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would grap this iron if my apartment was on fire!!! I simply do not know what I did before I find this iron! Great for all hair types!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2003 7:35:00 PM More reviews by jgirl528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the HAI 1.25" off of eBay for $56 plus a bottle of Biosilk came with it free! I used to have a Hot Tools iron but it is SOOOOO craptacular compared to this iron~!!! It heats up in seconds and it doesn't snag on my hair. I use it to flip my ends, something that I cannot do with the Hot Tools iron [because it is a crap piece of junk] or a regular blowdryer. I haven't tried the CHI because it's really expensive...but the HAI works really well and is only half the price. I think it's a great alternative for those who are strapped for cash but still want to look good! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2003 2:14:00 PM More reviews by endeara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product solely based on the reviews here. This is a lot of money to spend on blind faith, but I was desperate. I am so glad that I did. Granted, I have never tried other high-end flat irons, but this one is hands down the best and most efficient I have ever used. It heats up superfast and glides through my thick wavy hair quickly and the texture lasts for 2 days. (As long as it is not raining). I bought it off of ebay and if I ever lost it, I would definately repurchase. I'm not sure how I managed without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2003 1:36:00 PM More reviews by smile_and_wave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

bought on blind faith just from the reviews. Wow, how did I live without this?

Got a deal on eBay, complete with Biosilk sample. I feel like a Goddess. My only complaint are the plastic ties on the cord were tough to get off.

I hate to sound like such a follower, but this lil' sucker is truly great. Raves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2003 4:51:00 PM More reviews by twinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using my HAI Convertable for over 2 months now, and I still love it! It de-poofs my long, coarse, naturally-wavy hair. I air dry my hair overnight, and in the morning, run some Biosilk through it, section it off to ensure it gets really straight and smooth, then iron it. I usually use the highest or next to the highest heat setting. I like that the swivel cord is long because I sometimes iron my hair standing up, and the socket I use is near the floor. Got mine off ebay for about $60. Totally worth the money and would definitely buy again!!! UPDATE: still love my HAI! have been using this for almost a year now and no damage. plus, when i consider how much money i have wasted in the past looking for products to straighten, de-pouf, and add shine, this iron has actually saved me money and paid for itself several times over! BEST INVESTMENT i've ever made for my hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2003 1:48:00 AM More reviews by lady_wray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it!!! I did tons of research before hand, trying to pick the very best ceramic iron for my very kinky, frizzy, color treated, dry, curly, and sometimes wavyish in places hair. I looked at the Turbo Chi, the Superstar, and this Hai Convertable. After reading these reviews, I got on Ebay and looked around. The Turbo Chi looked very good, so did the Superstar(by unil maybe?). However, I liked the 1 1/4" plates this offered. A lil bigger than the 1 inch, but not as bulky as the 2 inch. That seemed perfect! Also, it was cheaper and came with a money back gaurantee, so that I could exchange it for the Chi if I was unhappy.... Well, I did not need the guarantee! My hair is happy and so am I! This is a godsend! Atlanta humidity is bad, this iron keeps it smooth and sleek all day. Everyone shoud have one! Yay for the Hai Convertable! :)
On ebay, I paid just 61.99, plus 13.00 shipping. Not too shabby!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2003 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jan232

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this iron, it works well, but I think my thick hair maybe needed to go up one more to the bigger iron. I love how sleek it looks, so the iron itself is great, my hair is another story, it never wants to behave.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MostCute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this in the mail today. My bofriend bought it for me off ebay for about $75, with shipping and whatever else they charge. I just got done using it, and I have to say I am impressed. I dont usually straighten my hair, but the metal irons I have used in the past all sucked. I will continue to use this flat iron. I love it. I do need to get some Biosilk though... Can I buy it at a drugstore? =) I recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2003 11:13:00 AM More reviews by rubykris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read about this flat iron in MUA Top Picks and bought it on blind faith. Well, what can I say? The HAI Convertable has converted me! I gave up straightening with metal irons because they just fried my hair. The combination of Biosilk and the HAI give my naturally wavy/curly hair incredible silkiness and looseness of movement. The best part is, it's FAST. You don't have to clamp the iron section-by-section, you just run it down the hair and proceed to the next piece. It took me about 6 minutes to straighten my whole head (and my hair is thick). The width of the plate is just fine for my medium/long hair, though if you have very long hair you might want the wider plate (but then you can't control the temp). I ordered it from Folica.com for $85, which was a bargain, considering the fact that I would have cheerfully paid twice that much for such a great product.