December 20, 2014 | 921 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - HAI Convertable Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2003 7:16:00 PM More reviews by VEODJW111

OMG I bought the HAI 2 inch ceramic and it is so awesome I took it to work and straightened every woman's hair in my office. I also took my Biosilk which I discovered after getting a sample at Trade Secret. My husband usually doesnt notice my hair but this time he said wow that thing does work . My hair which is naturally botticelli curly stays straight for 2 days plus. Thank You God for the HAI 2 inch ceramic flat Iron purchased for 94.00 off ebay. edit... I accidentally only gave this a 1 instead of a 5... had to change it

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2003 7:16:00 PM More reviews by bizzymom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MUA is about the only place that I am not only a "true follower", but consider myself smarter and better off for it. I have always hated my curly/wavy/frizzy hair. I had tried many "straighteners" only to find that they did not work, and made my hair look dried out and even worse. I had never even heard of this type of flat iron, but, based ONLY on the recommendation of my fellow MUAers, found this sweet gem on eBay. WOW. I am not very talented when it comes to dealing with styling hair, and I have 3 kids and myself to get ready every morning, so time is at a premium. I dry my hair with an "ion" type blowdryer, then work this HAI magic wand through the top layers of my hair. My hair looks awesome. The top stays ironed, and my hair has body because the underneath "poufs" it up. And my hair does not look dried out at all. Even my parents couldn't believe how my hair looked. You cannot go wrong with this. Thank you again, MUA!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2003 5:41:00 PM More reviews by addictive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After I bought Hai flat iron I've never had a bad hair day! Its soo good! I get my hair done soo quick. I luv this flat iron!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2003 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyBebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would grap this iron if my apartment was on fire!!! I simply do not know what I did before I find this iron! Great for all hair types!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2003 7:35:00 PM More reviews by jgirl528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the HAI 1.25" off of eBay for $56 plus a bottle of Biosilk came with it free! I used to have a Hot Tools iron but it is SOOOOO craptacular compared to this iron~!!! It heats up in seconds and it doesn't snag on my hair. I use it to flip my ends, something that I cannot do with the Hot Tools iron [because it is a crap piece of junk] or a regular blowdryer. I haven't tried the CHI because it's really expensive...but the HAI works really well and is only half the price. I think it's a great alternative for those who are strapped for cash but still want to look good! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2003 2:14:00 PM More reviews by endeara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product solely based on the reviews here. This is a lot of money to spend on blind faith, but I was desperate. I am so glad that I did. Granted, I have never tried other high-end flat irons, but this one is hands down the best and most efficient I have ever used. It heats up superfast and glides through my thick wavy hair quickly and the texture lasts for 2 days. (As long as it is not raining). I bought it off of ebay and if I ever lost it, I would definately repurchase. I'm not sure how I managed without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2003 1:36:00 PM More reviews by smile_and_wave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

bought on blind faith just from the reviews. Wow, how did I live without this?

Got a deal on eBay, complete with Biosilk sample. I feel like a Goddess. My only complaint are the plastic ties on the cord were tough to get off.

I hate to sound like such a follower, but this lil' sucker is truly great. Raves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2003 4:51:00 PM More reviews by twinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using my HAI Convertable for over 2 months now, and I still love it! It de-poofs my long, coarse, naturally-wavy hair. I air dry my hair overnight, and in the morning, run some Biosilk through it, section it off to ensure it gets really straight and smooth, then iron it. I usually use the highest or next to the highest heat setting. I like that the swivel cord is long because I sometimes iron my hair standing up, and the socket I use is near the floor. Got mine off ebay for about $60. Totally worth the money and would definitely buy again!!! UPDATE: still love my HAI! have been using this for almost a year now and no damage. plus, when i consider how much money i have wasted in the past looking for products to straighten, de-pouf, and add shine, this iron has actually saved me money and paid for itself several times over! BEST INVESTMENT i've ever made for my hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2003 1:48:00 AM More reviews by lady_wray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it!!! I did tons of research before hand, trying to pick the very best ceramic iron for my very kinky, frizzy, color treated, dry, curly, and sometimes wavyish in places hair. I looked at the Turbo Chi, the Superstar, and this Hai Convertable. After reading these reviews, I got on Ebay and looked around. The Turbo Chi looked very good, so did the Superstar(by unil maybe?). However, I liked the 1 1/4" plates this offered. A lil bigger than the 1 inch, but not as bulky as the 2 inch. That seemed perfect! Also, it was cheaper and came with a money back gaurantee, so that I could exchange it for the Chi if I was unhappy.... Well, I did not need the guarantee! My hair is happy and so am I! This is a godsend! Atlanta humidity is bad, this iron keeps it smooth and sleek all day. Everyone shoud have one! Yay for the Hai Convertable! :)
On ebay, I paid just 61.99, plus 13.00 shipping. Not too shabby!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2003 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jan232

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this iron, it works well, but I think my thick hair maybe needed to go up one more to the bigger iron. I love how sleek it looks, so the iron itself is great, my hair is another story, it never wants to behave.