Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

on 1/8/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Ok, let me make this short.

PROS:

- makes my zits come to a head overnight
- dries up existing zits within 3 days
- can be applied throughout the day without drying out the skin, like benzol peroxide does to me

CONS:

- the heavy smell was a shock at first, but I got used to it
- the roller ball applicator can act a little funny sometimes, causing a whole lot to flow out, and when it flows down my face it STINGS my non-acne parts, like my lips, THUS
- causing the stuff to run out within a month

So I think the creators should re-examine the design of the applicator, make it more fool-proof. Other than that, nice natural little zit-biter.

on 1/8/2010 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overview:
Pros: works well, doesn't make skin oily or shiny, inexpensive
Cons: smells horrible, roller ball Is not effective for travel, small amount of product

Ok..on with the full review

I bought this along with Purpose cleanser. I was on a "back to basics" kick because I felt I was using too much anti acne stuff and it was causing more acne..so I decided to get a natural spot treatment...and I got this product.

I really like it! When i first used it, it kind of stung on some pimples...but hey..what doesn't right?
The smell is pretty awful, but you get used to it...it's not so bad that it makes you want to throw up..
The smell is like licorice and lemon...btw
the roller ball applicater is kind of cool...and convienant...but for travel it's not so great...I recommend letting the bottle stand up right on a counter for a few minutes before you use it, otherwise the liquids will get trapped in the roller ball causing it A LOT more product to come out than you want.

It's works pretty well...it reduces the size of pimples and keeps them from becoming white heads (if you treat them soon enough)
it doesn't really reduce redness...like I would have liked...
It doesn't dry out my skin...but i do follow with moisturizer because I like to...(I use clean and clear dual action for now)
as for oil control, it's a SPOT treatment...not for your whole face...so it doesn't reduce oil...
Not very good for the prevention of acne..only on spots you already have...
It also works best on cystic acne (big, painful ones) rather than whiteheads...
HOWEVER!!!!! It also works WONDERS ON BLACKHEADS!!!!

The product runs out pretty quickly (about a month) compared to others I have used.
But it's worth it because it's natural and make me feel like I'm doing something better
for my skin.

Overall...I love this product and will continue to use it.

on 1/7/2010 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I instantly loved this!! My skin has been a little crazy ever since winter started. It's been dry and sensitive, so I attempted to cover my flaws with lots of thick foundation mixed with MAC Strobe Cream (for a hydrating effect). Normally, this combination works for me, but at a stage where my skin is so sensitive and easily irritated, I broke out. Of course, I was devastated because now I had to deal with both moisturizing my parched skin and eliminating the pimples. I tried Stridex pads, but they must have been too harsh because they dried out my skin even more and made the pimples more swollen. Then I happened to pick up the Burt's Bees Blemish Stick at Walmart. It makes my job a lot easier. I didn't think it would work since it has gotten a lot of low ratings, but it's just one of those things that work differently for each individual. I'm just extremely happy to say that it works for me. Every morning and night, after applying my face cream (avoiding the areas where I have breakouts), I dab this stuff onto my pimples and just let it do its job. The strong scent is a little off-putting, but I can deal with it as long as I know it's working. Also, I try my best to GENTLY rub the rollerball applicator over my swollen pimples for the last amount of pain, but it still hurts because you need to apply enough pressure and go over the same spot a few times to get enough product out. And we all know that pimples hurt when you touch them, which is why this is probably the biggest con. But overlooking that fact, this miracle product has kept my breakouts at bay, even though I use (most likely pore-clogging) foundation/concealer on top of them every day. Yes, I know I should be letting my skin go makeup-free and "breathe", but, honestly, that doesn't stop me from changing my morning makeup routine. I noticed that my skin has been improving. I still have a few scars that are healing, but no more pimples! I like how the ingredients are all natural, and even though it contains alcohol, it comes from yellow corn. It dries up my pimples, reduces redness, and makes them shrink overnight, but it doesn't aggravate my skin!

on 12/25/2009 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Definately reduces the size and redness of pimples and blemishes. The fact that its pretty much all natural is very comforting. I thought it was pricey, since i bought mine for $14.99 but worth it and I'd definately buy it again.

on 11/24/2009 12:45:00 AM

For me, this stuff is magical even though it smells like what I would imagine the offspring of licorice all sorts and tea tree oil would smell like for a while after application. It reduces the redness and swelling of blemishes, and within an hour I usually see an improvement. 1-2 days of regular application and it's generally gone. It helped get rid of a cycle of cystic acne that had been occurring along my hairline for close to 4 months and warded off my usual period middle of the forehead zit. It keeps my skin under control.

Pros: Works reasonably well (reduced the size of a stubborn blemish I've had for over two months, but did not totally eliminate it), a small amount of product is enough to make a difference, results visible after one overnight application,

Cons: Horrible scent (it smells the way Good & Plenty licorice candy tastes)

on 11/15/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this product when I was almost through with the Murad spot treatment and was looking for a less expensive alternative. At $8 it is very reasonable. It's also sold all over so the chances of finding a coupon or sale are pretty high.
I purchased a set with a sample size and it made such an improvement in my skin that I have since purchased and used 3 in full size. I go through them really fast, but since its actually working as i have fewer blemishes I use less.
The smell is awful. The texture doesn't feel oily. I don't really like the roll on packaging but I can't think of a better way to package it either. It soaks in quickly. It really dries out blemishes.
I even used it on a cut that was getting infected and would not heal on my knuckle and it killed the infection and dried up the woundnow i can see that new skin is growing and not scar tissue.

I'm still trying other products that I had already purchased and am determined not to waste, but I think when those treatment systems are done I'll be back and loyal.

on 10/27/2009 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

YES!!! i used this last nite n i must say the acne i was tryin 2 diminish is SO much smaller bc of this lil roller. i love it. the smell is totally black licorice but it disappears after a few min. i just rolled it on after wash, tone then moisturized after. LOVE IT!! big difference 4 sure.

on 10/24/2009 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Texture: Light, not oily at all

Scent: Liquorice/herb like, very refreshing

Pros: Easy to use, natural ingredients such as tea tree oil, parsley, wilowbark extracts (helps reduce inflammation). These ingredients won't harm my skin in the long run.

Con: Not enough product. I found I used it really quickly and I only apply it twice a day.

EDIT: The roller got infected with bacteria. Until they fix this, please don't buy this. Unless you plan to clean the roller each time.

on 10/21/2009 11:01:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle. It's pretty good but it's not a miracle worker. Thinking about trying their acne serum and am supposedly getting a free bottle in the mail...don't know WHEN though :P

Popular Treatments (Face)