The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/31/2003 4:44:00 PM

I have this in NUT and I love it. It is smooth and feels really soft/silky on my lips. Moisturizes really well and I love the smell. I think the pot is cute too - a mini of the body butter. Will buy again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This did the basic job of moisurising my lips, although I don't see the point of the grainy texture. I like to rub the excess lip balm on my nails as well and my nails look really good after that.

smells good, but the papaya lip butter may have actually made my lips more dry if that's even possible! it sucks.

on 12/14/2003 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this stuff very much, but it's not strong enough to moisturize my very dry lips on its own, so I alternate with good ol' Carmex. That said, I love the smell, the way it goes on, and the fact it maintains the moisture I get from the Carmex. I especially like putting it on at night. I've tried Shea and Coconut so far, both are yummy, but I think the Shea works a little better.

on 12/13/2003 12:15:00 AM

i got this in coconut since it's one of my favorite scents. the scent and taste was pretty good but i'd have to say it didnt moisturize my lips at all. i bought this during summer and my lips arent even that dry. i know i cant trust this during wintertime.

the "butter" just sits on my lips and i noticed small chunks, also it leaves a white film on my lips. not pretty. i would never buy this again for the $$ and for the non moisturizing effects.

on 12/1/2003 1:09:00 AM

I love the smell of the nut and coconut lip butters. they really help keep my lips smooth and soft. if you apply too much at once though, it can make your lips look white so either look in a mirror or use sparingly. warning, the mango lip butter smells like cat pee. an employee told me the company has plans to reformulate it to change the fragrance to be more like the mango body butter. be sure to smell the testers before you buy!

on 11/8/2003 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this in Mango and it smells so great!! I also love how creamy it is and it actually moisturizes my lips leaving them smoother and softer. It does feel very thick IMO, like you know you've got something on your lips but I'm not bothered by that. The smell is the best part for me, because it is not too strong, just enough for you to sense it and it fades away after some minutes.

on 9/23/2003 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This lip butter leaves a layer of what seems like deadskin on my lips. I ended up throwing mine into the bin when it was not finished.

on 9/15/2003 9:59:00 PM

Love Love Love this stuff! It's the only, and I do mean only, product that has ever kept my lips this smooth. So far I've tried both the Shea and the Coconut lip butters and I definitely prefer the Shea. I was told the formula is the same for all the "flavors" but I do not agree: The shea is thicker and lasts longer, whereas the coconut is thinner and greasier. Both are great and I do alternate. I will not be without this unless TBS d/c it, in which case I'll have to take extreme action!

on 8/12/2003 10:22:00 PM

I am really happy with this lippie! I ordered two (Grapeseed & Shea) and I adore both of them. They smell fantastic...and my lips feel really moisturized after I apply them. The containers are cute too! I will certainly be buying more of these!

Popular Lip Treatments