July 30, 2014 | 1475 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2003 1:09:00 AM More reviews by VanessaVQ

I love the smell of the nut and coconut lip butters. they really help keep my lips smooth and soft. if you apply too much at once though, it can make your lips look white so either look in a mirror or use sparingly. warning, the mango lip butter smells like cat pee. an employee told me the company has plans to reformulate it to change the fragrance to be more like the mango body butter. be sure to smell the testers before you buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2003 4:00:00 PM More reviews by anarosa10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Mango and it smells so great!! I also love how creamy it is and it actually moisturizes my lips leaving them smoother and softer. It does feel very thick IMO, like you know you've got something on your lips but I'm not bothered by that. The smell is the best part for me, because it is not too strong, just enough for you to sense it and it fades away after some minutes.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2003 1:04:00 AM More reviews by momochow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip butter leaves a layer of what seems like deadskin on my lips. I ended up throwing mine into the bin when it was not finished.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2003 9:59:00 PM More reviews by julieswahn

Love Love Love this stuff! It's the only, and I do mean only, product that has ever kept my lips this smooth. So far I've tried both the Shea and the Coconut lip butters and I definitely prefer the Shea. I was told the formula is the same for all the "flavors" but I do not agree: The shea is thicker and lasts longer, whereas the coconut is thinner and greasier. Both are great and I do alternate. I will not be without this unless TBS d/c it, in which case I'll have to take extreme action!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2003 10:22:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am really happy with this lippie! I ordered two (Grapeseed & Shea) and I adore both of them. They smell fantastic...and my lips feel really moisturized after I apply them. The containers are cute too! I will certainly be buying more of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2003 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Sophia904

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this product! Its anything you could ever want in a lip moisturizer- gives smooth, clean feeling,feels soft, smells absolutely WONDERFUL (papaya), and makes lips have a healthy look. I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 12:40:00 AM More reviews by tanmh_88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

nice natural sheen, without the sticky gooey feel. lovely! ;) my all-time fave! love at first kiss...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2003 6:57:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

Gets rid of chapped lips and smells like a dream (grapeseed). One drawback is that the "butter" doesn't completely "melt", so you're left with tiny hard bits to wipe away. Won't work as a gloss - I only recommend it for healing dryness. UPDATE: I'm trying the Nut butter now and it doesn't have the little waxy its, so I much prefer it to the grapeseed. Great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2003 6:31:00 PM More reviews by JuliaMcCoy

Sigh, sigh sigh. I wanted desperately to love this. In fact, although I hated it, I kept it. I bought this in Nut, Shea, and Papaya. They dried my lips out completely. It's a good thing I had an unused perfume from the Body Shop (they let me exchange for the lip butters) because I certainly would not pay solid cash for this, not even if it were $3.
Lip Butters will dry out your lips, guaranteed. On the other hand, they will tempt your nose with delicious flavor, in the end making you keep them. Dear Body Shop, please reformulate this. I will willingly repurchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2003 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Hudie

I like this stuff, not my favorite but I like it...this was a gift to me so I'm using it...I have the coconut lip butter which of course has a nice coconut scent sort of smells like a suntan lotion, it has a rich creamy texture which I like because it makes my lips nice and soft..I smudge my lips together a lot when I have any type of lip stuff on so it doesn't really have a lasting effect but I like it