Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

2.9

on 12/31/2008 6:51:00 PM

OMG... I just applied this to my eyes and I am horrified! First of all this came in a holiday make up kit I got for xmas. I was hoping it would at least be decent to go out tonight wearing, but OH NO. It is sooooooo clumpy. Makes yours lashes stick together. Just a big black gloopy mess. I can't even believe they put their name on this crap! Terrible! Try the new Estee Lauder double wear mascara, it is much better.

on 12/30/2008 4:28:00 AM

I got this as a sample, and admittedly hated it first. However, after running out of mascara (L'oreal Voluminious x 5) I had to resort to this one.... it is true it is not one of the greatest mascaras out there, and comparing to other volumising & lengthening mascaras this one doesn't rate well. HOWEVER (and this is why I gave it 3 lippies) - you really do need to master the art of applying it!!!! I have been using it for 4 days now, and I am starting to get the hang of it, and the result is even, long, black lashes. Not much volume though but it is not a ''bad'' mascara. It's just overpriced and doesn't do the job as good as other mascaras I have tried. I would never buy this mascara myself. There are SO many better, cheaper drugstore ones out there!!

on 12/25/2008 3:32:00 AM

I am SO surprised at the bad reviews. This is one of the BEST i have tried. I have tried soooo many mascaras (I can't even count the brands) and this is one of the best to give dark, defined lashes with good amount of volume. The small samples might disappoint people (I'm not sure but I've tried the samples too and they're not as good as the whole big tube) but the original one in full size gives absolutely amazing lashes. Estee Lauder mascaras are one of the best!

on 12/19/2008 4:17:00 PM

I got this product as a sample. I must mention that my eyelashes are thin and stick straight, but do look amazing after curling them and applying a waterproof mascara.
Well, this time I gave a chance to this washable Estée Lauder mascara.
I liked the product in general, it has a nice texture, I think the wand is good and it does give you volume and lenght. About holding the curl, well, it doesn't do its job but it got better when I tried with a clear eyelash gel as a primer. However, it was not excellent.
I think it is expensive and dries slowly after applied but I do think it's a good product, specially if you have naturally curled eyelashes.

on 12/4/2008 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is just an OK mascara. It doesn't WOW me or make me want to never use it again....it just doesn't do enough for my lashes so I will probably never repurchase. There are far better alternatives on the market.

on 11/30/2008 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible. F.

on 11/18/2008 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

You need to learn to use this properly, but once you master it, this mascara is amazing!

on 11/17/2008 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

got it as a persent, i would never buy it for myself....

on 11/11/2008 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample and I hated it, I wouldn’t wish this mascara on my worst enemy.

on 11/9/2008 10:52:00 AM

Applies very clumpy and makes lashes look vulgar.

Popular Mascaras