Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you like almond scents/flavors, you will LOVE this! It smells sweet like a bunch of crushed almonds with sugar-you can almost taste it! It is awesome. Also, it STAYS PUT! A little goes along way without feeling too greasy, but if you use too much-watch out, sticky greasy central. Great product and its 98% NATURAL! yaaaaa!

on 10/31/2009 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I didn't research this product before buying it. Normally I do "extensive" research on MakeupAlley, however my hands were particularly dry and itchy (due to eczema) at work one day, and I had to make an emergency stop during lunch hour to buy some heavy duty hand cream. I knew that Burt's Bees was an all natural line, so that was one of the reasons why I decided to purchase this hand cream. What I didn't know, is that Burt's Bees products are heavily scented. This product smells a lot like marzipan, in which I am not a serious fan of. It is too strong, too sweet and the smell lingers on and on. It gives me a serious headache sometimes. However, the scent does seem to disappear A LITTLE after initial application, but you can still catch a whiff of it every now and then.

The cream's texture is on the thicker side, which is perfect for my extremely dry hands. It spreads quite nicely and works great to moisturize my hands. However, I do find it kind of greasy as it leaves that slick feel/look on my hands until it is either absorbed or wiped off by touching things. My hands are adequately moisturized after I use this stuff. However, I don't think I'll repurchase this as the smell really bothers me.

on 10/21/2009 3:37:00 PM

I bought this because I LOVED the smell, it's pure marzipan; almondy, sugary, sweet and very very intense. The texture is a buttery paste, like thick frosting and so if you have long nails then the product can get stuck under your nails when you try and scoop it out the glass jar. It rubs in a bit like butter frosting too, very moisturising and great for dry, cracked hands but it does take a while to really sink in.
As with other BB's products the beeswax smell really starts to come through when it begins to go stale and I find that hideous, so despite daily use I never actually finished the jar.
I won't repurchase because for the price I want to be able to finish a product without it going 'off' - I just can't handle the waxy smell.

on 10/9/2009 7:50:00 PM

I bought this hand creme because I absolutely love the scent, it smells very strongly of almonds. It's very heavy however and while it does make my hands feel soft overall it takes a long time to sink in and they feel greasy. It's not practical for daytime use so I'll probably stick to using this as an overnight cream. Not sure if I'd buy it again.

on 9/30/2009 2:51:00 PM

This is a pretty strong hand creme, and it can be a bit on the greasy side ... But it's not nearly as greasy as the Burt's Bees Banana Hand Creme. In any case, the hand creme works really well on rough hands. It works pretty well for the health of your nails, too!

My favorite thing about this hand creme is the scent. It smells exactly like almond cookies to me. It's a very comforting scent.

on 8/19/2009 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I loooove this stuff. It is a tad greasy, but I just use it when I'm not really doing much with my hands. But you can see that the creme actually absorbs into your skin, it doesn't just sit on top, or dissapear, like some lotions. I like rubbing it right into my cuticles, it really helps them.
And the smell! OMG. Talk about comforting. I always want to eat it, it smells so good. I can't really define the smell either...it's sugary vanilla almond cinnamon. LOL. Some kind of baked good, for sure.
The price is a bit high, but I think it's worth it. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got the hand cream as part of a burt's bee gift pack. The jar was tiny. It lasts you a long time. I am a recovering germ-aphobe, which means a lot of hand washing. On top of that, I didn't put lotion on so my hands were so dry. They looked like the hands of an elderly woman, and I am really young!! Anyway, this stuff is great. It smells wonderful, it has a great creamy texture, but it doesn't feel greasy. It nourished my hands,making them soft and radiant. The only drawback is the price. I wouldn't get this again, unless I saw it on sale. It is a fantastic product, but I don't have the money to shell out 10 bucks for a hand cream. If you do catch it on sale, get it. One of my favorite beauty products.

on 8/5/2009 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not a pleasant smelling cream and also felt waxy and thick on my hands. Would not recommend. Using it up on my feet at night to get rid of it.

I LOVE THIS! It's really thick and creamy so I only use it before bed, and when I wake up my hands are SUPER soft and moisturized :) I find the scent comforting (it smells like marzipan...mmm). I love that it comes in a cute little glass jar...you only need to use a very small amount so the jar lasts longer than you'd think! I was using BB's Banana Beeswax Hand Creme before...also good but I prefer this one.

on 7/29/2009 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

horrid stuff, imo. reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy greasy. i use it on my feet at night and then put socks on - just to use up the junk. the oily ingredients in this dont penetrate the skin surface and alter moisture level or attract moisture or have protective qualities or anti discoloration or anyyyyyyyything and can ruin some nail enamels. i just didnt like it at all.

Popular Lotions / Creams