Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got the hand cream as part of a burt's bee gift pack. The jar was tiny. It lasts you a long time. I am a recovering germ-aphobe, which means a lot of hand washing. On top of that, I didn't put lotion on so my hands were so dry. They looked like the hands of an elderly woman, and I am really young!! Anyway, this stuff is great. It smells wonderful, it has a great creamy texture, but it doesn't feel greasy. It nourished my hands,making them soft and radiant. The only drawback is the price. I wouldn't get this again, unless I saw it on sale. It is a fantastic product, but I don't have the money to shell out 10 bucks for a hand cream. If you do catch it on sale, get it. One of my favorite beauty products.

on 8/5/2009 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not a pleasant smelling cream and also felt waxy and thick on my hands. Would not recommend. Using it up on my feet at night to get rid of it.

I LOVE THIS! It's really thick and creamy so I only use it before bed, and when I wake up my hands are SUPER soft and moisturized :) I find the scent comforting (it smells like marzipan...mmm). I love that it comes in a cute little glass jar...you only need to use a very small amount so the jar lasts longer than you'd think! I was using BB's Banana Beeswax Hand Creme before...also good but I prefer this one.

on 7/29/2009 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

horrid stuff, imo. reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy greasy. i use it on my feet at night and then put socks on - just to use up the junk. the oily ingredients in this dont penetrate the skin surface and alter moisture level or attract moisture or have protective qualities or anti discoloration or anyyyyyyyything and can ruin some nail enamels. i just didnt like it at all.

on 7/29/2009 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm. In. Love. This is a mindblowingly good hand cream. Say what you will about the smell ( which I find to be hypnotic and delicious ), but no one can argue with the moisturizing power of this cream. Your hands will be soft to the touch all day long after one use. I tend to have dry hands and this stuff has really changed that. I also find myself stealing whiffs of my own hands after I put this on. It's perfect for feet, elbows, or anywhere else you may be experiencing dryness. I usually use L'occitane's Shea hand cream which is nice but costs a whopping $25 a pop. This is half the cost and keeps my hands softer longer. Will definitely be repurchasing.

on 7/24/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Update 1/2012, Like I figured in my original review below, the scent grew on me. I love almondy scented things. But as others may have noted, you might have gotten a rancid jar. The problem is I have a really hard time finding a non-rancid jar. Original review below, wow so many love this scent but i find it too strong for me. however, as with all the bb products i have tried, its never love at first use, then many grow on me. i know they work and have a good reputation and have gotten many in gift sets so i give them another whirl. i find this is good on elbows and heels and hands at night. i find that like the banana cream, the scent is too sticky sweet. if it were more subtle i'd be ok with it. i agree that it gets sort of a turpentine smell as it wears on, someone else said that here too. i have very dry skin and like to use up what i have so i am giving this another go too.

on 7/24/2009 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this hand cream. Nice smell and very good moisturizing. A saver for dry hands.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of the best scents I have ever experienced. Very sweet and comforting. I like to use this on my feet, elbows, and knees. It has transformed my feet;) It really is 'luxurious' feeling. I actually love the packaging. Price was approx. $12 at WalMart. (Worth every cent). I would like BB to come up w/ a lighter body lotion in this delicious scent w/ the same great moisturizing effect.

on 7/14/2009 4:07:00 AM

I LOVE this lotion. It goes on thick and creamy with the most wonderful almond scent. It takes a few minutes to sink in, but once it does... whatever dry skin it has touched is so soft and rejuvenated it is unbelievable. I keep a jar in my purse, my drawer at work and on my night stand. It's almost comforting when you put it on because of the smell creaminess. A best bet for anyone with dry hands or feet.

on 6/18/2009 4:29:00 PM

omg, I absolutely LOVE the smell of this!!! Everything about this product is very aesthetically pleasing, or at least to me it is b/c I love almonds...But yeah I love the name (the almond milk part), I love the color (a soothing beige), I love the texture (very CREAMY and RICH), and best of all I absolutely LOVE the scent! I swear I haven't been this crazy about a product in forever! I agree with a reviewer before me that this hand cream is so divine you feel like you're treating yourself to some sort of expensive skin dessert or something....Anyways, this is tad greasy when you first put it on, but after about 10 minutes it really soaks in and makes my skin look plump and young..Plus the jar lasts forever since you need to use only a little scoop each time..

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products