Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 10/9/2009 7:50:00 PM

I bought this hand creme because I absolutely love the scent, it smells very strongly of almonds. It's very heavy however and while it does make my hands feel soft overall it takes a long time to sink in and they feel greasy. It's not practical for daytime use so I'll probably stick to using this as an overnight cream. Not sure if I'd buy it again.

on 9/30/2009 2:51:00 PM

This is a pretty strong hand creme, and it can be a bit on the greasy side ... But it's not nearly as greasy as the Burt's Bees Banana Hand Creme. In any case, the hand creme works really well on rough hands. It works pretty well for the health of your nails, too!

My favorite thing about this hand creme is the scent. It smells exactly like almond cookies to me. It's a very comforting scent.

on 8/19/2009 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I loooove this stuff. It is a tad greasy, but I just use it when I'm not really doing much with my hands. But you can see that the creme actually absorbs into your skin, it doesn't just sit on top, or dissapear, like some lotions. I like rubbing it right into my cuticles, it really helps them.
And the smell! OMG. Talk about comforting. I always want to eat it, it smells so good. I can't really define the smell either...it's sugary vanilla almond cinnamon. LOL. Some kind of baked good, for sure.
The price is a bit high, but I think it's worth it. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got the hand cream as part of a burt's bee gift pack. The jar was tiny. It lasts you a long time. I am a recovering germ-aphobe, which means a lot of hand washing. On top of that, I didn't put lotion on so my hands were so dry. They looked like the hands of an elderly woman, and I am really young!! Anyway, this stuff is great. It smells wonderful, it has a great creamy texture, but it doesn't feel greasy. It nourished my hands,making them soft and radiant. The only drawback is the price. I wouldn't get this again, unless I saw it on sale. It is a fantastic product, but I don't have the money to shell out 10 bucks for a hand cream. If you do catch it on sale, get it. One of my favorite beauty products.

on 8/5/2009 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not a pleasant smelling cream and also felt waxy and thick on my hands. Would not recommend. Using it up on my feet at night to get rid of it.

I LOVE THIS! It's really thick and creamy so I only use it before bed, and when I wake up my hands are SUPER soft and moisturized :) I find the scent comforting (it smells like marzipan...mmm). I love that it comes in a cute little glass jar...you only need to use a very small amount so the jar lasts longer than you'd think! I was using BB's Banana Beeswax Hand Creme before...also good but I prefer this one.

on 7/29/2009 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

horrid stuff, imo. reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy greasy. i use it on my feet at night and then put socks on - just to use up the junk. the oily ingredients in this dont penetrate the skin surface and alter moisture level or attract moisture or have protective qualities or anti discoloration or anyyyyyyyything and can ruin some nail enamels. i just didnt like it at all.

on 7/29/2009 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm. In. Love. This is a mindblowingly good hand cream. Say what you will about the smell ( which I find to be hypnotic and delicious ), but no one can argue with the moisturizing power of this cream. Your hands will be soft to the touch all day long after one use. I tend to have dry hands and this stuff has really changed that. I also find myself stealing whiffs of my own hands after I put this on. It's perfect for feet, elbows, or anywhere else you may be experiencing dryness. I usually use L'occitane's Shea hand cream which is nice but costs a whopping $25 a pop. This is half the cost and keeps my hands softer longer. Will definitely be repurchasing.

on 7/24/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Update 1/2012, Like I figured in my original review below, the scent grew on me. I love almondy scented things. But as others may have noted, you might have gotten a rancid jar. The problem is I have a really hard time finding a non-rancid jar. Original review below, wow so many love this scent but i find it too strong for me. however, as with all the bb products i have tried, its never love at first use, then many grow on me. i know they work and have a good reputation and have gotten many in gift sets so i give them another whirl. i find this is good on elbows and heels and hands at night. i find that like the banana cream, the scent is too sticky sweet. if it were more subtle i'd be ok with it. i agree that it gets sort of a turpentine smell as it wears on, someone else said that here too. i have very dry skin and like to use up what i have so i am giving this another go too.

on 7/24/2009 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this hand cream. Nice smell and very good moisturizing. A saver for dry hands.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products