Chanel Bois des Iles

4.1

on 4/9/2004 7:23:00 PM

OMG! Relatives are visiting and my SIL just brought this out. Man, I had no idea this even existed. The most luscious wood and vanilla smells are perking up through my sweater thanks to a good spray on the chest. This is so classically sexy and sexily classic I want to date myself. I'm trying the edt. She said forget the parfum. I can't imagine it being better than this.

on 4/2/2004 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVEEEEE at first spray of EDT. Love the soft way it settles down and ohhhhh so beautiful.

Love it, love it, love it. Soft, woody vanilla. It reminds me of Flex shampoo and conditioner....maybe balsam?
It's the perfect woody fragrance.
I got a decant of EDT and my mother immediately confiscated it!

on 3/13/2004 1:03:00 PM

What can I say about this incredible scent! It was love at first sniff! This scent gets me so many compliments every time I wear it. Its a gorgeous woody-floral that has wonderful lasting power in the EDT form. I can only imagine the parfum! I think everyone should try this scent! Its beyond words. I love it!

on 2/9/2004 12:43:00 PM

I like the way the parfum turns into blond woods ....after awhile. I wish it would be a tad woodier I guess, or muskier, as jeanjeanvaljean has also said . It IS very reminiscent of good smelling shampoo at first but I'm enjoying this as an alternative to no. 5 . I'd say it's not for the woman who wants a lot of musk or predominant flowers or fruit to stand out. It's a melded fragrance thanks to the aldehydes, which make it a hard one to describe. My children smell the "soft flower" scent and call it "close to baby powder"...again like no.5, but not.

on 2/7/2004 9:56:00 PM

I want to love this. It is a nice sandlewood scent. The EDT is too spicy and dry for me - parfum is quite rich and sweet. I just wish it had more of the "Chanel oomph", the aldehydes, uniqueness, etc.

on 2/4/2004 1:31:00 AM

I have this floral woodsy scent in the EDT form. Just one word: neat!

on 1/31/2004 7:58:00 AM

Like eating beautifully fragrant, fresh baked gingerbread in a chic French cafe - this is gingerbread perfume, French style! Sophisticated, delicious, soft, slightly woody/powdery in the drydown while retaining the luscious spiciness. I have it in EDT form, and while I can only dream about getting the parfum someday, this will do very, very nicely indeed for now! Has just knocked Coco off my #1 Chanel scent spot!

on 1/22/2004 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

an exquisite blend of woods, florals, something nutty smelling, amber and a pinch of spice. unisex,leaning to masculine,
IMO. smells great on dh too.

i prefer the EDT to the parfum. the extrait is sooo strong(more floral and sorta 'soapy' at the top) and takes awhile to smooth out. the eau de toilette starts out lovely.

i layered both BdIs on my wedding day(August. warm weather). it was almost my HG but not quite right for my signature. continued >>

I will just say this: this fragrance is so wonderful, it's enough to bring a tear to a fragrance lover's eye. And that said for the EDT! It is classic, classy, perfect. Longevity is however only fair in EDT, couple of hours. But when this fragrance is singing, it soars.

Popular Fragrances