Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

on 3/29/2008 9:11:00 PM

I liked this, but I had to use it a few times so my hair could adjust to a conditioner without cones. My hair is thick/coarse/curly/wavy/frizzy and I blow dry straight and flat iron a few times a week. I also color, so my hair is pretty dry and a bit damaged. I use this with the 50/50 shampoo. My hair was extremely frizzy after the first few times I used this, but now it really looks very good (much smoother and much less frizzy). But as someone below says, I wish it were a bit more moisturizing. Still, I like this in rotation with other conditioners (with cones) 'cause my hair likes cones, but I want to cut down on them and not have my hair so hooked on 'em. Edited to add: I'm just not finding this moisturizing enuf. My hair is still frizzy, dry and coarse after using this. I don't think Giovanni is for me or my hair type.

on 3/28/2008 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have very thick (every hair is thick, not a lot of hair folicles.), medium length, slightly wavy, normal hair. I'm always looking for hair products that will weigh it down so the shorter pieces won't look like a haystack on top of my head. This moisturizing conditioner for damaged hair works very well for that. It feels really nice when you have it on your hair in the shower. Like a soft cloud encasing your head. I leave it on for about 10 minutes and don't rinse a lot. Afterwards my hair feels light and soft and the frizz is very minimized. I never blow dry or style, so I recommend this for people with my hair type that want to do the least amount of work on their hair. There is no scent. it's organic, no animal by products and cruelty free. I'm using an Aveda shampoo right now, but will try the matching shampoo for this next. Target carries this now. Wow.

This does wonders for my color-treated, thick hair. I wash it, then I take about a nickel-sized amount of this and work it in--especially on the ends. Then I go ahead and shave or wash my face or just relax in the shower for a while--then, when I was this out, my hair is soft and shiny and super easy to work with.

I dye my hair pink, too, and this seals the color in like no other. It also makes a big difference in how much my hair bleeds color.

on 2/18/2008 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

More slip than non-organic conditioners, which is why i was surprised when my hair dried out that it was puffy ball. It left my hair with a lot of volume, clean and soft. But if you have mixed ethnic hair you may not like the unfinished quality this will leave your hair in. Alterna Caviar leaves my hair more "finished" (smooth, straight, bodied and no puffiness) when it dries - this leaves it in a poofy soft ball. I will try it a couple more times - but for those with frizzy, puffy dry mixed ethnic hair (closer to caucasian hair but with extra texture) - it may not be a good option unless you feel like adding extra products to tame down the frizzies. Still think its a good conditioner and will use it till empty but likely meant for fine dry caucasian hair.

on 2/13/2008 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my everyday conditioner. I use this along with the 50/50 shampoo. My hair is color treated and dry and this stuff is just the right balance in conditioning and moisture that my hair needs without weighing it down. After washing with the 50/50 (Which is a fabulous shampoo!), I make sure my hair is saturated and then let it sit for 3-5 minutes while I wash my body or shave my legs. I rinse my hair in cool water and my hair is bouncy and shiny. I have fine hair and it's perfect!!!! No more bad hair days. I love the fact that the shampoos and conditioners are paraben free!!!!

on 2/5/2008 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a good everyday conditioner. Not strong enough for deep conditioning, just good enough for general use. I do wish it's a bit more conditioning.

Update: there are 2 versions of this conditioner, 1 deep condition the other regular. I LOVE the deep conditioner, smells wonderful too

on 1/25/2008 2:41:00 PM

good product. works well for daily use without weighing hair down.

on 12/4/2007 6:00:00 PM

A great conditioner for my thick, coarse, straight, fairly oily, untreated hair. You only need a small amount to do the job and it really does everything a conditioner is supposed to do extremely well. I recommend using a small amount to start, because from my experience if you use too much it can leave your hair a little flat. Leaves my hair very smooth and soft, and it doesn't leave a gross filmy feeling.

on 10/30/2007 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this after the 50:50 shampoo, and it works well and It has a nice scent to it. So I might repurchase, although i do wish it was more moisturizing.

on 9/11/2007 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love MUA. I have found another conditioner that works as well as my Tawaka (Ojon) line. This conditioner does not smell as good as my Tawaka, but I will get over that. I love that it costs less than Tawaka, but works just as good. I was thrilled that I didn't claw my head during my shower over using this. I was thrilled that this conditioner made my hair soft and shiney (not straw soft either). I am enjoying the use of these sulfate and paraben free conditioners and shampoos. My hair is healthier because of it. I will buy this again to switch things around and to save my Tawaka. Thanks MUA.

Top Rated Giovanni Products