October 31, 2014 | 800 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Alyne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very thick (every hair is thick, not a lot of hair folicles.), medium length, slightly wavy, normal hair. I'm always looking for hair products that will weigh it down so the shorter pieces won't look like a haystack on top of my head. This moisturizing conditioner for damaged hair works very well for that. It feels really nice when you have it on your hair in the shower. Like a soft cloud encasing your head. I leave it on for about 10 minutes and don't rinse a lot. Afterwards my hair feels light and soft and the frizz is very minimized. I never blow dry or style, so I recommend this for people with my hair type that want to do the least amount of work on their hair. There is no scent. it's organic, no animal by products and cruelty free. I'm using an Aveda shampoo right now, but will try the matching shampoo for this next. Target carries this now. Wow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does wonders for my color-treated, thick hair. I wash it, then I take about a nickel-sized amount of this and work it in--especially on the ends. Then I go ahead and shave or wash my face or just relax in the shower for a while--then, when I was this out, my hair is soft and shiny and super easy to work with.

I dye my hair pink, too, and this seals the color in like no other. It also makes a big difference in how much my hair bleeds color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

More slip than non-organic conditioners, which is why i was surprised when my hair dried out that it was puffy ball. It left my hair with a lot of volume, clean and soft. But if you have mixed ethnic hair you may not like the unfinished quality this will leave your hair in. Alterna Caviar leaves my hair more "finished" (smooth, straight, bodied and no puffiness) when it dries - this leaves it in a poofy soft ball. I will try it a couple more times - but for those with frizzy, puffy dry mixed ethnic hair (closer to caucasian hair but with extra texture) - it may not be a good option unless you feel like adding extra products to tame down the frizzies. Still think its a good conditioner and will use it till empty but likely meant for fine dry caucasian hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my everyday conditioner. I use this along with the 50/50 shampoo. My hair is color treated and dry and this stuff is just the right balance in conditioning and moisture that my hair needs without weighing it down. After washing with the 50/50 (Which is a fabulous shampoo!), I make sure my hair is saturated and then let it sit for 3-5 minutes while I wash my body or shave my legs. I rinse my hair in cool water and my hair is bouncy and shiny. I have fine hair and it's perfect!!!! No more bad hair days. I love the fact that the shampoos and conditioners are paraben free!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by greatpph

This is a good everyday conditioner. Not strong enough for deep conditioning, just good enough for general use. I do wish it's a bit more conditioning.

Update: there are 2 versions of this conditioner, 1 deep condition the other regular. I LOVE the deep conditioner, smells wonderful too

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by tparker14

good product. works well for daily use without weighing hair down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great conditioner for my thick, coarse, straight, fairly oily, untreated hair. You only need a small amount to do the job and it really does everything a conditioner is supposed to do extremely well. I recommend using a small amount to start, because from my experience if you use too much it can leave your hair a little flat. Leaves my hair very smooth and soft, and it doesn't leave a gross filmy feeling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 2:36:00 AM More reviews by teddyblue

I used this after the 50:50 shampoo, and it works well and It has a nice scent to it. So I might repurchase, although i do wish it was more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love MUA. I have found another conditioner that works as well as my Tawaka (Ojon) line. This conditioner does not smell as good as my Tawaka, but I will get over that. I love that it costs less than Tawaka, but works just as good. I was thrilled that I didn't claw my head during my shower over using this. I was thrilled that this conditioner made my hair soft and shiney (not straw soft either). I am enjoying the use of these sulfate and paraben free conditioners and shampoos. My hair is healthier because of it. I will buy this again to switch things around and to save my Tawaka. Thanks MUA.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 4:24:00 PM More reviews by meki1000

This whole line is my HG of haircare products. I love them. If you really like Frederic Fekkai's Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner then you should give this a shot. I honestly think this performs just as well if not better and you could find it for less than $5 dollars from many online retailers that offer free shipping or very low shipping. LuckyVitamin.com offers one of the largest selections for this line and only charges $5.99 for shipping no matter how much you purchase. They also offer free shipping for orders over $100. Amazon offers a 3 pack of this conditioner and shampoo for $17.89 with free super saver shipping. That's still $4 off the cost of one 8oz bottle of the Glossing conditioner. Alright, now that I'm done comparing prices... I have thick Asian hair and it's normally slick and silky but it can be coarse as well and this conditioner keeps it soft and smooth. I also use the Golden Wheat Shampoo once a week to remove any buildup from styling products and to keep the Smooth As Silk shampoo and conditioner working properly but I would recommend some form of gentle cleansing shampoo weekly or bi-weekly for anyone who frequently uses styling products in their hair, no matter what shampoo and conditioner you use. I adore the fact that these products are not only good for me but the environment as well and they smell so delicious! The fragrance is very subtle but fabulous. I can't believe that I was shelling out so much for Frederic Fekkai when Giovanni's products were available.