Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 12/7/2004 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I said I would buy this again only because it is so very cheap for how much powder you get (that is...if I ever run out! I doubt it!). I have very, VERY oily skin and read the reviews of this powder on MUA which prompted me to try it. I don't think it really does anything for my oily skin...I still need to blot all day and need to reapply at least once a day (only because I'm too lazy to reapply more often!). It does not really "set" anything and shine keeps on going....

on 10/15/2004 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really do like this powder. i have VERY oily skin that is hard to control. i'm going to get the BN Final Seal next. i still get a little oily but this is probably the best powder for it. the only thing i really dont like is the packaging-very big pain in the butt so i put it in another powder container. will update after trying with the Final Seal. UPDATE-with the Final Seal, this stuff is the BEST!!! buy both of these together!

on 8/24/2004 8:39:00 PM

I bought some of this last weekend and I like it pretty well so far. I have oily skin and never dreamed I would use stage make up, but when I saw the recs here I couldn't pass it up. I get a little oily after 6 hours or so, but it is working better than the last several powders I tried. A midday touch up and I am set. UPDATE: I still really like this powder. It goes on sheer and keeps the oilies at bay. I no longer have to "cover" my skin to get a good finish!

on 8/19/2004 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great product especially for oily skin! It is very hard to find a good powder that let me get shiny 2 hours after I put it on. This works and goes on with out color. I am dark-skinned so it does look a bit ashy when I first put it on but after an hour it goes away and I'm still matte. I dab a little pressed powder in my skin color over the BN powder to avoid this.

on 6/10/2004 6:17:00 AM

Fabulous powder! I have gone through so many loose powders lately searching for something to keep me from getting so shiny. This stuff does the job. By lunchtime, I dust a little more over my face and stay shine-free all day! I bought mine in the shaker bottle, and was a little confused when it came as to how to use it. But, I just popped open one of my reject loose powder containers, emptied it out, and put the Ben Nye in. Works great!

on 4/23/2004 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have the shaker fair powder, it works well for putting all over your face when you are done w/ your makeup. It keeps your makeup in place all day. Great light powder.

on 2/26/2004 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

FABULOUS! DOES WHAT IT SAYS! STOPS SHINE! STOPS SWEAT! GREAT FOR MY PERFORMANCES OR FOR LOOKING FLAWLESS ANY TIME (over great foundation)! ENOUGH SAID!!!

on 2/1/2004 12:36:00 AM

fabulous! it sets your foundation without adding any color. i dab my face with it using a big phat (lol...) powder puff. i love it! it sets oh so well. the package is gonna last forever...

on 11/16/2003 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This powder sets your foundation without adding any color. I got the 3 oz shaker bottle for only $7.00.

on 10/26/2003 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Another staple for my train case. The anti-perspirant ingredient makes it great for wearing under stage lights or just dancing at a club all night. I sometimes mix it with BN's Banana Visage Poudre, which is my daily powder. I always use it to set my shadows, liners, and lips, along with BN's LiquiSet and Final Seal, or Mehron's Barrier Spray. It helps keep makeup off of your clothing, your s/o's face, etc.

Recommended for Normal Skin