Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder

Talc, parfum

on 9/5/2008 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i never thought of reviewing baby powder on here because i didn't realize it was on here and that so many other's use this too in their adult life! this is my little secret that i've used since i was a little girl. i use it to set my makeup during summer and it really works like any other face powder. just don't put too much or you'll look like a ghost! i haven't tried it as a primer or on my hair tho..but i'll have to try it those ways next time. i like to carry the little travel size one in my person at all times..not only for my kids..but for me on humid days. really helps.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I love using this as a blotting face powder. I have used many a face powder, but they all turn cakey/separated/too dark/orange after I have to make multiple applications to my super oily skin throughout the day. But this stuff does none of that, and controls oil better than anything I have used. I am not sure if this would be stellar for someone of a less-than-fair complexion tho.

on 8/12/2008 7:08:00 PM

I use Johnson & Johnson baby powder every day after my shower. It makes me feel clean and baby powder fresh. I love it and will never use another powder.

on 7/27/2008 2:33:00 PM

Baby powder works miracles on my hair. I hate washing my hair every day, but my roots get oily if I don't, so I continued to wash and kill my ends. I read all the reviews about baby powder and I couldn't believe I hadn't tried it sooner. It soaks up the oil and makes my roots look freshly shampooed. Plus, I love the smell of baby powder and would rather have my hair smell like that than that dirty, oily smell of unwashed hair. As for using this on my face.. that's a no. I have really oily skin and large pores and I at first thought this was working wonders on my face too; until my skin started breaking out pretty badly. I guess it started blocking my pores and now the area by nose and mouth has lots of little zits.. lovely! But you can't have everything right? I'll stop using this to set my makeup, but will certainly use it on my hair.
EDIT: Well, I don't think I can use this for my hair anymore. I started getting large, almost cyst like bumps on my scalp. I'm guessing its from the baby powder since I've never even seen anything like that before I started using it. I guess my entire head, not just my face, doesn't like baby powder very much. Well, that kinda sucks. Some things just weren't meant to be.

on 7/9/2008 7:40:00 PM

I used to use baby powder until I discovered BAKING SODA. It's cheaper and does not have a scent so I never have to worry about it mixing with perfume. For around 75cents a box, I put it on all over just like I would baby powder. I also sprinkle some in my hand and apply over my deodorant and even sprinkle a little in my underwear- works on both! ;o)

on 7/8/2008 12:19:00 AM

I have EXTREMELY oily hair and I have to shower every morning to make my hair looking fresh. But in the middle of the day, I just sprinkle lots of this into my hair and rub it in until the white is gone and all the oil is absorbed. :) wonderffull. will continue buying.

on 5/31/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I heard on the Yahoo Answers that this is a great makeup primer. I could not believe it until I tried it today. My skin is very oily. Specially when it comes to products that supposed to keep me matte and greaseless, my skin acts the opposite and becomes totally greasy and awful. This solved the problem altogether. I have to warn those with dry skin to avoid this because you may feel dier, although not uncomfortable. I use my Olay moisturizer and this. I do not need any foundation. The elements in both equal a good foundation. This perfects my skin like a foundation and it is my own natural color. GREAT PRODUCT AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO PEOPLE WITH OILY SKIN-

on 4/27/2008 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I use this regularly to dry clean my long, dark, oily hair. Funny enough- I've reached for this after blowing $$ on professional hair powders and let me tell you, it's as effective as the expensive stuff. It gives a great texture to my hair, adds a little bit of volume, and it absorbs the oil very well. And the fragrance is fresh and lovely. The only thing is, if you're a dark brunette like me, applying too much powder will make your hair appear grey. Here's couple of tips how to avoid that.
First of all, sprinkle small amounts remembering that you can always add more.Apply onto the roots only, and only to those sections that are not that visible- avoid the very top of your head, partition, bangs and hairline. Massage and work it through just as if you were shampooing. Finally, sprinkle some powder onto a hairbrush, shake off the excess, than brush through your bangs, partition etc. If you can, apply the night before- this way you can afford to use a lilttle bit more of the product as the excess will wear off while you sleep and all you need to do is touching up in the morning. You can carry a small cointainer of the powder and a hairbrush in your handbag for emergency touch ups during the day.

on 4/26/2008 9:49:00 AM

The powder is very good. I've met the skin specialist. The doctor advised me to use this powder on my sensitive skin (subsitute the foundation or any facial powder). Actually my skin is in good condition but lately it became sensitive because of wrong usage of products (SK-II, Christian Dior, Biotherm, Clinique and other luxury product). This johnson baby powder will relief the sensitive skin or acne prone skin.

on 4/20/2008 2:12:00 AM

i use this to give my hair that matt look, and i also use this before bedtime so i dont have oily hair when i wake up. It also makes my hair look nice and soft!!! I also use this on my face to get rid of that oliness .

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products