December 22, 2014 | 985 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by looser

Baby powder works miracles on my hair. I hate washing my hair every day, but my roots get oily if I don't, so I continued to wash and kill my ends. I read all the reviews about baby powder and I couldn't believe I hadn't tried it sooner. It soaks up the oil and makes my roots look freshly shampooed. Plus, I love the smell of baby powder and would rather have my hair smell like that than that dirty, oily smell of unwashed hair. As for using this on my face.. that's a no. I have really oily skin and large pores and I at first thought this was working wonders on my face too; until my skin started breaking out pretty badly. I guess it started blocking my pores and now the area by nose and mouth has lots of little zits.. lovely! But you can't have everything right? I'll stop using this to set my makeup, but will certainly use it on my hair.
EDIT: Well, I don't think I can use this for my hair anymore. I started getting large, almost cyst like bumps on my scalp. I'm guessing its from the baby powder since I've never even seen anything like that before I started using it. I guess my entire head, not just my face, doesn't like baby powder very much. Well, that kinda sucks. Some things just weren't meant to be.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Thumper1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use baby powder until I discovered BAKING SODA. It's cheaper and does not have a scent so I never have to worry about it mixing with perfume. For around 75cents a box, I put it on all over just like I would baby powder. I also sprinkle some in my hand and apply over my deodorant and even sprinkle a little in my underwear- works on both! ;o)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by jacquiesaur

I have EXTREMELY oily hair and I have to shower every morning to make my hair looking fresh. But in the middle of the day, I just sprinkle lots of this into my hair and rub it in until the white is gone and all the oil is absorbed. :) wonderffull. will continue buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I heard on the Yahoo Answers that this is a great makeup primer. I could not believe it until I tried it today. My skin is very oily. Specially when it comes to products that supposed to keep me matte and greaseless, my skin acts the opposite and becomes totally greasy and awful. This solved the problem altogether. I have to warn those with dry skin to avoid this because you may feel dier, although not uncomfortable. I use my Olay moisturizer and this. I do not need any foundation. The elements in both equal a good foundation. This perfects my skin like a foundation and it is my own natural color. GREAT PRODUCT AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO PEOPLE WITH OILY SKIN-

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by smokygrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this regularly to dry clean my long, dark, oily hair. Funny enough- I've reached for this after blowing $$ on professional hair powders and let me tell you, it's as effective as the expensive stuff. It gives a great texture to my hair, adds a little bit of volume, and it absorbs the oil very well. And the fragrance is fresh and lovely. The only thing is, if you're a dark brunette like me, applying too much powder will make your hair appear grey. Here's couple of tips how to avoid that.
First of all, sprinkle small amounts remembering that you can always add more.Apply onto the roots only, and only to those sections that are not that visible- avoid the very top of your head, partition, bangs and hairline. Massage and work it through just as if you were shampooing. Finally, sprinkle some powder onto a hairbrush, shake off the excess, than brush through your bangs, partition etc. If you can, apply the night before- this way you can afford to use a lilttle bit more of the product as the excess will wear off while you sleep and all you need to do is touching up in the morning. You can carry a small cointainer of the powder and a hairbrush in your handbag for emergency touch ups during the day.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by marinahasber

The powder is very good. I've met the skin specialist. The doctor advised me to use this powder on my sensitive skin (subsitute the foundation or any facial powder). Actually my skin is in good condition but lately it became sensitive because of wrong usage of products (SK-II, Christian Dior, Biotherm, Clinique and other luxury product). This johnson baby powder will relief the sensitive skin or acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 2:12:00 AM More reviews by julieohho

i use this to give my hair that matt look, and i also use this before bedtime so i dont have oily hair when i wake up. It also makes my hair look nice and soft!!! I also use this on my face to get rid of that oliness .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a dry shampoo when my roots get a little oily. It works every bit as well as Oscar Blandi dry shampoo, but for 1/20 of the price. I just sprinkle it on, and work it into my hair until there's no powdery residue showing. It adds body and takes away the oil. Since there is still no sure answer about weather talc is bad for us or not, I'm thinking of switching to a talc free version (perhaps either just corn starch powder, or maybe the Burt's Bees version). However, this works great. I've never used it all over my body as I just don't sweat that much, but perhaps this summer I'll try it on my body and feet. Goodness knows, it couldn't hurt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Baby Powder is so cheap and so useful!! I primarily use it on my roots and in my hair after going to gym when i dont have time to shower. It soaks up all the oil AND makes my hair smell nice and fresh!! Use it instead of those insanely overpriced dry shampoo powders like Oscar Blandi and Ojon because it WORKS THE SAME WAY!! honestly! why pay $18 for a small bottle of Ojon Rub Out when you can buy a huge container of Baby powder for $4?? the baby powder is way better value and you don't have to worry about spilling a drop because you just paid so much money, haha.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Gwen67

I use baby powder on my face to set makeup. Primarily I use it to set my under-eye concealer, but often I will use a small bit in other areas to keep oil away or set concealer elsewhere. You only need a small amount, so it doesn't matter that it is white (if you can see it on your face, you're using too much). Works like a charm and I much prefer it to tinted makeup powders.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No