April 25, 2014 | 1064 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I've gone this long without this brush. I've bought dupes and similar brushes but none can compare to this one. As already said, its great for lining, highlighting under the brow, the inner corners of the eye and for applying shadow along the lower lid. Super soft and makes applying eye makeup so easy. I'd definitely repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by BunnyIrene

I read forums and blogs about how this brush was a must for any make up kit. So I saved up and went out and bought this brush. It's nothing special. It is so soft because MAC use goats hair and feels great on your eyes. You could use any small brush to do the outer V this isn't the must have brush from MAC in my opinion. It is densely packed and quality made.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this brush for my outer v and my lower lash line. It is too dense for blending. Great brush super soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by knightrider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's not at all like Sigma ss219 (all though I love that one too). This is more dense. I do not use it for blending, but for "detail work" in my "outer v", inner corner and "smudgy liner".

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer1971

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw and felt this brush at the MAC Counter today and well I LOVE IT. I want it lol!

I am thinking about putting a little rubber band around my white handled sonia kashuk large crease brush for now. It's kinda pointy as is and I think with the rubber band it might make it close to the 219; we'll see lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

This brush is really awesome for quite a few reasons. It's great at applying a highlight in the inner corner of the eye--makes your eyes look so big and bright! I like faking being awake when I can. :) The brush is also PERFECT for placing color on the lower lid along the lash line, and deepening the color/contrast in the outer v of your eye. My brush is nice and dense, and after cleaning I make sure to shape it to a point to make my application even more precise. This is great for smoky eye looks, too! Wonderful brush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by mellysparkles

I love, love, love this product! It's great for inner and outer corner work. I have tried dupes for this brush and nothing comes even close! Its so precise and picks up just as much product as you need. It's a little less dense after you deep clean it, but still works fantastic!! Whenever I travel, all I need is my MAC 239, 224, and 217.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by angellove78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

after a few makeup girls on youtube suggested this brush in their video i became intrigued and found some mentioned the dupes from a drugstore and tried the dupes first and wasn't very happy with either brush, one too big and the other not small enough, and decided to try this brush out, and wow what a difference, and i'm very picky when i decide to part with 20+ dollars on a brush, this is easily my HG brush gets in all the small area's i couldn't get into before with drugstore brushes. also i found this brush is soft and non irritating to my skin, well worth it!!!
also rated the packaging on the mac brushes a 3 out of 5 because dust and grime can still get into the packages...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a very good brush.
I use it to darken my crease colour, smudge eyeliner, and add shadow over liner.
Like other reviewers, however, I recommend going into the store to purchased your MAC brushes. They are not all the same!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush is great and so easy to use, i use it to smudge my eyeliner, but its also great for applying eyeshadow on the lid, crease or lashline. if your a beginner like myself, definitelly buy it :)