Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 11/24/2009 4:24:00 PM

A bottle of this came in the Holiday 2008 Blockbuster, and I've used it quite a lot since buying. I don't know why I continue to use it, b/c it doesn't work very well. This remover takes off eyeshadow, but not mascara or liquid liner. About the only eye mu remover I've used in the last few years is the Equate brand that is like the blue L'Oreal stuff. I was hoping the EL would work better than that, but it doesn't, although it does a great job of removing lipstick (I just happened to try it one day). I've only noticed the stinging sensation a couple of times, b/c I have sensitive eyes and am extremely careful about keeping them closed while I'm removing mu or washing my face. EL should either d/c this or remarket it as a lipstick remover. I won't buy this again, especially considering the price.

on 11/21/2009 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm very surprised by all the reviews complaining that this makeup remover stings the eyes. I got this in a free sample several years ago, and ever since it's the only remover I use. I've tried a few drug store brands, and they always feel very greasy. This remover has NO greasiness.

I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner and waterproof mascara every day and this remover gets it all off with just a few swipes. It has never, ever made my eyes sting.

My only complaint is the price, but I think it's worth it.

on 11/19/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Unfortuanlty I purchased the full size of this product. It stung my eyes and skin. HORRIBLE!! waste of money

on 10/31/2009 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this product in a giftset. I can definitely say that cheaper eyemakeup removes are more gentle on the eyes than this product. It does cause a level of stinging. And, I definitely would never purchase this product in full-size, because it just isn't worth the sensitivity issues that it causes.

on 10/28/2009 1:19:00 AM

I got this as a gift with purchase. I hate it . It stings my eyes a lot . And can't move most of my waterproof makeups. Will not buy again!

on 10/12/2009 6:26:00 AM

I first got this as a free sample with one for those gift bags they give you. I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I actually went back and bought the bottle! This sh*t stings your eyes! There really is nothing good about this remover. My only excuse is that I was 17 at the time.

on 9/20/2009 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Glad I got this in a free gift. Not impressed. It seems stupid to sell an eye makeup remover that stings like hell if it gets in the eyes.

on 9/2/2009 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So, I'm glad I got this stuff free, a little sample vial.
It sux. It stung my eyes like no tomorrow. It also didn't get my waterproof mascara nor eyeliner off. My dove bar soap can do better and be more gentle, though it too wouldn't remove waterproof anything. Thankfully I have my Mary Kay oil-free eye-makeup remover. Now, that's a match made in heaven. lol. It's my beloved HG. Check it out if you need eye-makeup remover for waterproof anything and it's super gentle. It doesn't sting, nor does it tugg any eyelashes out. Just a suggestion. lol.

on 9/2/2009 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Meh....yes it removes makeup but you feel ike you have to use alot of product. Not worth the price AT ALL! Will not purchase again.

on 8/17/2009 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am glad this stuff was free with purchase as I would definitly want my money back. I have only had one other eye make up removed burn as ba as this stuff. I have used it for 2 night's now, eyes feel terrible afer using it & it doesn't remove mascara either, (Dior Show, not waterproof). I write this to keep someone else from wasting their money. Go to a discount store & get something much cheaper that is better.