September 23, 2014 | 1960 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Estee Lauder - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by jlrodriguez

I'm very surprised by all the reviews complaining that this makeup remover stings the eyes. I got this in a free sample several years ago, and ever since it's the only remover I use. I've tried a few drug store brands, and they always feel very greasy. This remover has NO greasiness.

I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner and waterproof mascara every day and this remover gets it all off with just a few swipes. It has never, ever made my eyes sting.

My only complaint is the price, but I think it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortuanlty I purchased the full size of this product. It stung my eyes and skin. HORRIBLE!! waste of money

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I got a sample of this product in a giftset. I can definitely say that cheaper eyemakeup removes are more gentle on the eyes than this product. It does cause a level of stinging. And, I definitely would never purchase this product in full-size, because it just isn't worth the sensitivity issues that it causes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by simple76

I got this as a gift with purchase. I hate it . It stings my eyes a lot . And can't move most of my waterproof makeups. Will not buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2009 6:26:00 AM More reviews by cristinalicia

I first got this as a free sample with one for those gift bags they give you. I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I actually went back and bought the bottle! This sh*t stings your eyes! There really is nothing good about this remover. My only excuse is that I was 17 at the time.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TheMadameDex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Glad I got this in a free gift. Not impressed. It seems stupid to sell an eye makeup remover that stings like hell if it gets in the eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I'm glad I got this stuff free, a little sample vial.
It sux. It stung my eyes like no tomorrow. It also didn't get my waterproof mascara nor eyeliner off. My dove bar soap can do better and be more gentle, though it too wouldn't remove waterproof anything. Thankfully I have my Mary Kay oil-free eye-makeup remover. Now, that's a match made in heaven. lol. It's my beloved HG. Check it out if you need eye-makeup remover for waterproof anything and it's super gentle. It doesn't sting, nor does it tugg any eyelashes out. Just a suggestion. lol.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

Meh....yes it removes makeup but you feel ike you have to use alot of product. Not worth the price AT ALL! Will not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by SexiAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am glad this stuff was free with purchase as I would definitly want my money back. I have only had one other eye make up removed burn as ba as this stuff. I have used it for 2 night's now, eyes feel terrible afer using it & it doesn't remove mascara either, (Dior Show, not waterproof). I write this to keep someone else from wasting their money. Go to a discount store & get something much cheaper that is better.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Xinya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wrote this review just want to caution people not to buy this stuff. It doesn't take off my eye makeup, and I don't have any waterproof difficult stuff on my eyes. Don't buy this. I'll go get Neutrogena instead which is much cheaper and more effective on me.