September 19, 2014 | 1818 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser II

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2004 7:25:00 PM More reviews by rae_rae

I just started using this product on my combo skin (with occasional breakouts, blackheads, whiteheads, and scarring from pigmentation) and I have to say I am seeing immediate results! There has been a significant reduction in blackheads and the current breakout of cystic acne has gone flat and is fading away. My scars are fading. I am a believer!! I am currently on my way to get the rest of this lines moisturizers. Sorry Darphin - you might just have gotten beat! *After 4 weeks of use, these products made me break out with 2 rounds of 4 cystic blemishes. I will try to use this again but every 3 days or so as a treatment, but for now I'm back to Darphin as a HG daily cleanser till my skin normalizes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2004 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Fhorn

I like this even more than cleanser I, it is a better strength for my skin. I think it is becoming a holy grail cleanser, especially cause it keeps skin clear, doesn't contain harsh detergents, doens't have fragrance, and mildly exfoliates.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used I & II cleanser and currently use III (30%)These are the only products combined w/ the lotions(also moved up to III on this) that have COMPLETELY cleared up all acne breakouts for me. I've gone to a dermatologist since I was in high school for acne/ cysts(now 38) and have not had one cyst in 3 years!Cannot more highly praise this product. Does cause a bit of redness, but I will certainly trade redness for perfectly smooth skin any day!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2004 10:22:00 AM More reviews by dtxn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a full sized bottle of this with my TNS Recovery Complex. If your skin is even slightly tolerant, there's no reason to start with the level one. I use a quarter sized amount at the end of the day and leave it on for about five minutes. Then I remove it with a warm wash cloth. Sometimes I'll apply it twice (after towel drying in between applications) and leave it on longer the second time almost like a mask. I love this MD Forte product. No problems for my sensitive skin and it seems to work well with other product lines.
Update: I've moved up to the MD Forte III cleanser and I can honestly say that I'll use this product forever! I've never used a cleanser that actually "did something". My skin is even toned an completely smooth and clear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 7:34:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

This is just as gentle as Facial Cleanser I, except it's more effective. This contains 20% Glycolic acid compound. The texture is almost identical to Cetaphil's. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 10:54:00 PM More reviews by LVHunnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG clenaser for the last 4 years. I have always suffered from moderate acne as a teenager. It went away for a while, but when I had my daughter 4 years ago, I suffered from hormonal adult acne. NOTHING worked until my dermatologist recommended the MD forte line to me. Within 1 week, my skin was getting clearer. Now I hardly suffer from acne. The cleanser doesn't dry out my skin or leave it greasy. It leaves it perfect. I alternate thiw with philosphy real purity. I have been using real purity in the morning and md forte in the evening. However, I may be continuing my usage of this to twice daily again as I am noticing breakouts again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2004 11:03:00 AM More reviews by melguzman24

I have been using md forte for almost 2 years. I thought It was working for my acne prone skin until I went for my first facial and the technician told me that i was killing my skin with using such harsh products. I have constant redness on my cheeks and just thought it was in my genes until she asked me when the redness showed up and to my surprise, the redness appeared after I started using the MDII. I stopped using it for a week and My skin is calmer. I will still use this when I feel I need a kick of exfoliation 1-2x/mo. I just ordered the Mir line and can't wait to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2004 5:05:00 PM More reviews by shinhuey

Best facial cleanser I've had so far. Using it on DRY skin is key!! I used to put it on damped face, had this residue feeling and didn't see much exfoliation at all after rinsing. It's amazing how applying on dry face makes a big difference. Now my face feel smooth and clean every time after I use it. (I have combination skin, a bit dry in winter.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2004 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nora80

Great cleanser - it doesn't leave my combo skin either dry/taut-feeling or borderline greasy, but clean, hydrated and soft. Despite its relatively high glycolic percentage, it doesn't sting badly (I like to leave it on for a few minutes, and use it during the evening), and exfoliates nicely. I think it might even contribute to the much sought-after 'glow', and it's reasonably priced for the amount you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Love this cleanser. I used Level I for four months before moving up.

It works well. Simple, clean, refreshing and keeps my skin well exfoliated.