April 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

I've only had this for a week and I don't know how I ever lived without it. I started wearing mascara a few months ago and every morning would just be a huge fight with my plastic lash comb trying to get the clumps out and unsticking my lashes from each other.

This is incredible. It has shortened my morning routine by at least 10 if not 30 minutes (if you count time later in the day that I try to unstick my lashes) and my lashes look so much better! Defined and separated and not stuck together in huge clumps! <3 it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by isabelgk

Best lash comb OF LIFE!! before this comb, i used to use plastic one, and the bristles would always break and not seperate well... this is an indispensable tool ladies!! i don't care how defining a mascara claims to be, EVERY mascara looks a million times better after its been combed through with tweezerman lash comb... me loves it <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Aaaaaaaaaallll that. Believe.

I paid less than $4 at Ulta during one of their 20 percent off promos. I have no idea how I put on mascara for 30 years without this. Worth it at five times the price.

UPDATE: How to clean it: Soak a small piece of clean felt (nailboarders, you know what I mean, the squares you cut to use to remove nail polish) and soak it in alcohol OR eye makeup remover. Push the tines of the comb through the felt. The dried mascara will end up on the felt. Any that's left can be easily wiped up with a corner of the felt -- or ignored, since it's going to be at the base of the tines, far from your lashes.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

why wouldn't you love this? without this, it's like eating dry cereal. It's ok sometimes, but you wouldn't forgo milk altogether. That's this comb, you think you can do w/o it on some occasion when you're too lazy to take the extra time to brush through your lashes. But you'd notice the difference and miss it just as you'd miss the milk when the dry cereal is stuck in the back of your mouth, and the gulp of water doesn't compare.

It doesn't matter what brand of mascara I use, the result isn't the same if I don't use this. I do this alone, w/o distractions, and when i'm not in a rush, just as I would putting on nail polish, but a slip with this is deadly. I also have the SK comb, but that's for my traveling bag. Def. a would buy again, but I already stash some ; )

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Best eyelash comb ever!!!! I've had mine for yrs and it still works great and of course would repurchase in a heartbeat!!=)...If your wear mascara this is a must have!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by bingbing

I carry this with me everywhere. Along with my passport and lipgloss, this thing's been to probably the same number of countries.
Before I bought one of these babies, I used to use an old toothbrush, but that wiped away more makeup than declumped. I wouldn't buy it again, unless I lost it. In which case there would be lots of crying involved, a tantrum or 2, and credit card waving.
I find the tines are the only ones small enough to actually get between clumped eyelashes to separate and declump properly. Have no idea how anyone gets anywhere with cheapie plastic ones - please teach me your secret if you have one!
Cleaning tip: I used to soak a cotton pad with eye makeup remover until one day a tine fell out! Argh! Now I'm a lot more gentle about cleaning it. This may sound silly, but dental floss works a treat. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must-have item if you're like me and can't live without mascara but still want to have natural looking, clump-free lashes. Prior to this lash comb, I used an old mascara applicator that had been washed to comb clumps out of my lashes. It worked okay, but it was difficult to work it between my lashes or to target a specific clump, and hard to keep clean.

My sister gave me this comb and I absolutely love it. The metal teeth are close enough together to really separate all your lashes, but if you just want to attack one teensy clump without disturbing your other lashes you can just turn this comb vertical and use the outermost tooth to pick away.

WARNING - the teeth are very sharp, like little pins. Do not attempt to use this lash comb in the car or anywhere else where you could get jostled unexpectedly, or you could do some serious damage to your eyeball. This is also what's so great about this lash comb. The sharp ends enable you to really get into tight spots. You could literally separate each and every lash if you wanted to. And because the ends are so fine, it helps to pull apart lashes and clumps with as little tugging as possible.

This comb is also very easy to clean. Just take a tissue or pad moistened with water or eye makeup remover and swipe it across the teeth. The teeth fold into the handle for safe storage, so it's really convenient for tossing into your makeup bag or purse. It's a little more expensive than other lash combs, but trust me it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this eyelash comb is absolutely amazing! i picked this up after my previous metal lash comb went missing (the Sephora Professional Lash Comb) and have been obsessed with it ever since. i guess i thought all eyelash combs were created equally as long as they had metal teeth, but i couldn't have been more wrong! when i used the Sephora version it always seemed to me that the teeth were spaced too far apart for them to actually get in between and separate each individual lash, but Tweezerman's version gets every single tiny last one of them! the tips of the teeth also seem sharper to me, meaning that they do a better job of pushing through the base of your lashes to separate them evenly. when it comes to clumps of mascara, the iLashcomb removes them quickly and easily with no tugging or flaking (as long as they're still wet). i thought it would annoy me that the iLashcomb folds in on itself, but it doesn't bother me at all, and this way the teeth are protected and kept sharper. Sephora's lash comb had a plastic cover to protect the teeth but it was a PITA to make sure i never lost it, and being clear plastic, it could be hard to find once you set it down. i don't know how else to say it, but this Tweezerman iLashcomb just works so much better than all the other metal lash combs i've tried! i'm so glad that i decided to buy it, and i'd DEFINITELY repurchase if it were to disappear. i find the easiest way to clean the metal teeth of the comb is take a wet piece of toilet paper or tissue and wipe the mascara off, which is easiest to do each and every time you use the comb while the mascara is still damp/fresh. it works great and doesn't dull down the teeth, and this way you never get dried up mascara build-up!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Found this item at a local drugstore while waiting for a prescription to be filled. I'd been wanting a metal eyelash comb but never knew where to find one. I never imagined how unproductive plastic lash seperators were before using this product. I must admit it feels a bit awkward to use at first and takes a bit of practice. Just a small word of warning: flaking mascara can and may get into eyes big time upon use!! Also, make sure to check under eyes and on cheeks for bits of mascara fallout. Overall, I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by yovivbabe

I cannot live without this little lash tool as it is the key to having natural looking lashes, no matter what mascara I use. I used to use the metal comb by Sonia Kashuk, and that one was decent, but the Tweezerman version is perfect. I ordered mine from drugstore.com (never actually seen this in a store) and it's quite inexpensive (under $10 for sure). Highly recommend and would definitely repurchase if I ever lost it.