July 28, 2014 | 1591 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I won't go through describing it since everybody else pretty much summed it up perfectly. This is definitely my must-have polish for toes (prefer plain clear on my fingers). Wears for ages without chipping and is the perfect red. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is a gorgeous, classic glossy red. When I wear this on my tips it makes my hands look so white! With so many different shades of red out there, it's hard to find the one perfect shade but I think I've done it with Malaga Wine. This will definitely be my HG red cream n/p, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by DDP1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! I don't think it's a wine or burgundy tone; to me this is a beautiful, deep red. It must be cool-toned or it wouldn't look good on me. Application was a dream, better than Sally Hansen or Revlon. Maybe I'll be an OPI convert?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2006 10:31:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first OPI i bought. I love the deepish red colour- very sexy and this has a slight cooler undertone. I like the look of this on hands and toes and the application is a breeze... Last well too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2006 12:52:00 AM More reviews by just_like_gold

I bought this almost soley based on Somnia's excellent picture. However, me (who has bright white skin) should have known that this would look different. It is VERY pretty, however, and although I wanted the color from the picture, I need an orange-er red to achieve that. This is very blue-based and it shows particularly on me because I am so fair. This is old-movie-actress polish, completely creme, but with a certain clarity that makes it look shinier than any other color I own. With two coats it is perfect. I'm going to try it with three next time. I get these for dirt on 8ty8beauty.com, meaning I can buy every OPI red in existence if I want to, but this is certainly my 'classic red' choice for cool-toned pale girls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 1:12:00 PM More reviews by somnia

Color & finish: Medium deep blue-based red, very slightly berry-toned

Coverage: Opaque

The perfect classic red! Every girl should have a red like this. It really goes with everything. Never over the top bright, never boring or dull. Just perfect, sexy red. (I wish I had a matching lipstick...)

Pic here continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by StellaCH

Very similar to "got the blues for red" only a bit deeper. Very nice and sexy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Malaga Wine is an elegant classy cool toned red that works for both my tips and toes! As a lover of reds, I had to add Malaga Wine to my collection (not all reds are the same) and I'm happy with this purchase. The finish is creme, not shimmer or glitter but it doesn't look flat on my nails. Gorgeous classy red that is suitable for showing off your toes in peep toe heels or strappy sandals and short squoval or rounded tips. Highly recommended for red lovers, especially those of you who prefer cooler toned reds that don't turn orangey or rusty which is a problem I usually have with reds.

The application is a bit streaky on the 1st coat but not a problem on the 2nd coat. The wear is decent, I got some tiny chips on my nail tips by day 3 but I suspect it's due to the new base and top coats I'm trying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2006 3:52:00 AM More reviews by hobereaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love this color! It's a beautiful blue-based red that is just elegantly sexy. It looks more reddish indoors, but under bright sunlight it' more purplish -- I love the way it changes color with lighting. Of all my OPI nail polishes this is the one I reach for the most, and I would definitely recommend it if you are cool-toned, though I doubt that it will work for warmer skin tones. Simply gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by xazzie

I purchased this when searching the drugstore for a red polish that didn't look tomatoey or fire engine-y. OPI's Malaga Wine was the only polish in stock that was a deep red with very slight blue undertone and that was a creme rather than pearly/sparkly.

I applied a clear Revlon polish as a base, then 2 coats of OPI Malaga Wine, then the same Revlon clear polish as a top coat. Although all of those applications took some patience and time, the result is a very sexy and sophisticated manicure! The red looks both deep with pigment and has a nice glossy reflective quality (not shiny per se, just high gloss I guess).

Overall I love this! It looks great on my slightly tan skin and has held up impeccably well over the past 3 days (just got some tiny nicks at the tips of my nails from typing which I touched up today).

Totally recommended if you're going for vamp.