December 19, 2014 | 1635 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Virgodolce

I love this make up remover because you get the most for the money in comparison to the other brands I saw at CVS. It doesn't sting my sensitive eyes and takes off all my MU - its my go-to when I run out of Bliss Lid&Lash

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an okay eye makeup remover. It takes off eyeshadow and some regular mascara. However, this remover does very little to remove waterproof mascara or layers of kohl eyeliner.

Not only that, but the formula stings your eyes. I find a better remover to be Vaseline, swabbing the lashes upward. I hear Lancome's remover is better (oil-based), but it's $34 CAD...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by kjellybelly

It only removes eye shadow well. I had to swipe at least three times to remove my non-waterproof mascara. My waterproof mascara didn't budge even after numerous swipes. The formula didn't leave any oily residue and wasn't drying. If you only use eye shadow and nothing else then this would be a good buy.
I will definitely NOT repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by PaulaGL

I don't wear a lot of make up, and if it is only eye shadow, then this product works well. If I wear mascara, then I have to swipe a few times... and I have the feeling there is some more left. It stings a little.

But if you just wear eye shadow, you don't have to work so hard, changes are you will be also pain free, and considering the price... it is not bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works fine for removing eyeshadow, but it does not remove mascara well, even after several swipes. It also stings my eyes. The amount of product you get for the money is great. Too bad it doesn't perform better for removing mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For those of you who wear layers of eyeshadow and liner and coats of mascara this isn't for you. If I wear heavier makeup I find that I have to swab the puff across a few times to get it all off. It does sting a bit. But this does eventually get it of and doesn't dry out or seriously irritate my eye area. I think there are better drugstore eye makeup removers to be found out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by seajay23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

it's okay, stings me a bit and has a hard time with eyeliner and mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use it all the time. It does its' job well and the price is pretty much okay. I'm allergic to some other eyemakeup-removers, but this one doesn't give me rednesses around the eyes or burns.
I apply it to a cotton pad, sometimes I need more than one for one eye. It has a bit of trouble with waterproof mascara.
All in all a great product for a good price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent product. It definitely removes all eyeshadow from my eyes, and does so without stinging my eyeballs. However, when I tried to remove my mascara with it... nothing happened. It kind of just got clumpy and then my eyes DID start to sting a bit. So.. if you are looking to remove like waterproof eyeliner and mascara, this isn't for you. But for someone who just wears light to moderate eyeshadow, this works just fine, and is reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by blooicee

This remover is very gentle for me...in fact, it's too gentle. It doesn't remove mascara too well, and I feel like it would have to work in conjunction with an oil to be completely effective. However, the reason why I like this remover so much is because it is absolutely amazing for touch ups or just to fix any mistakes I may have made while applying my make up (i.e. liquid liner). Also, the opening is perfect for q-tips, and the formula isn't oily at all/doesn't leave a film, so it works perfectly for touchups/fixing mistakes. Would repurchase!