December 21, 2014 | 989 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2006 7:16:00 AM More reviews by sweet_lil_angel

i thought it did an okay job for the first couple of day.. but i also relised that i didnt last long at ALL.. and when it was in my hangbag.. de powder broke apart..?? AND IT DIDNT EVEN STOP MY SHINE ON MY NOSE!!!! IT DIDNT LAST L0NG DATS 4 SURE.. DEF NOT BUYING THIS AGAIN

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2006 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MacEgyptchick

It's werid because I used this in the past, with no problems. But urg, I brought this again, and my skin broke out so bad. I have these huge, cyst pimples on my face, and my skin was still oily. Never, will I ever use this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by katarina124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder does a great job controlling shine! I have very oily skin, especially during the warmer months of the year. I was looking for something to control my oily skin and came across this powder. It is far superior to many other more expensive brands. It contains great oil absorbing ingredients such as kaolin and silica. In addition it is oil-free which is quite unusual for a pressed powder. It is very finely milled and provides a natural finish and layers well without looking cakey, similar to that of BE mineral veil, but with great oil control and an unbeatable price. I got mine for $4.99 in Target. I have very fair skin so I use the lightest color (ivory), however it is very fair so unless you have extremely fair skin I'd advise to get the light beige.
The packaging is ok, it comes in a dark blue compact which has a mirror and fits easily into a purse.
Definitely my HG powder.EDIT:After using this for a couple of weeks I started having clogged pores and breakouts all over my face even in places I never had breakouts before. When I stopped using it the breakouts stopped. I will have to search for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 11:33:00 AM More reviews by anthrochic

i have tried a lot of powders, cause i don't like foundation, and this one is the best one up to date (2006 March). it gets rid of shine, and doesn't look too powdery, in fact it is pretty much invisible. it comes in a little dark blue, square compact with a powder puff applicator (not a sponge).
you just have to apply once, and then i pat my face afterwards to remove any excess, but it feels smooth and clean and works for a while.
i wear Golden 05, and i found that their shades match skintones better than some other brands or powders, which can leave your face looking pink or sallow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2005 4:32:00 PM More reviews by bombshell1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an old staple for me! I always had a hard time finding oil free, oil controlling powders that acutally looked good on my skin, and this is the only one that has come through for me. It is very light, and does not feel waxy on the skin. Touch ups are at least once a day, which is much better compared to other powders I have tried that required 3-4 touch ups. It definitely does not make me break out, which is a plus. The compact is not really impressive, but since the product works so well I really don't care. I tried powders from Revlon and L'Oreal, and they did not have the oil control that this does, even though they were pretty good too. I have tried Cover Girl Fresh Look, which was a mistake - it turned orange throughout the day and felt really slimy on my skin. Will not stray from this again - good product at a reasonable price that doesn't reek havoc on my already oily skin, which even at 30 does not seem to be calming down.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2005 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Kate_Duke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised to find that I really liked this product. The only thing that I have found is that it doesn't wear for a long time, so I need to keep reapplying. In general, I stay away from drug-store brands. I bought this for the first time when I was at a wedding, and I didn't have any choice except to run to the CVS for blot powder. In addition to toning down the shine, it also contributes to an even, flawless look. I wear the ivory/translucent shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2005 1:07:00 AM More reviews by cutelilram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. I had been using Shisheido pressed powder but I couldn't afford to buy it so I stopped at CVS and picked up Shine Free. I was a little worried because it doesn't say translucent Ivory and I like to wear translucent powder but the powder goes on sheer and blends well with my fair skintone. I use it only on my forehead, chin, and nose. It controls shine better than Shisheido and it lasts practically all day (I only need to reapply it once a day). I plan on sticking with Shine Free, so I will be repurchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this powder for a couple of weeks now. I apply it with a micro-fine sponge, as a finish to liquid foundation. Ivory is the perfect shade for me. Pale but with a yellow undertone--just like my skin tone. I have used very expensive powders, and multiple drugstore powders over the last 18 years that I have worn makeup, and none have preformed as well as this. I use a "stay-on" makeup, but this keeps it set, so I very rarely have to touch up. No acne flares so far. May be HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2005 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Pixie410

It's been a long time since I last hit pan where pressed powders are concerned. It may be a little too chalky for those who have normal to normal/dry skin. But for those of us that need a little extra help for oily complexions-- this is it. The shade Golden is incredible for my Asian coloring. As other reviewers have mentioned, it has a lot of yellow in it for a drugstore powder. It's perfect for concealing redness around the nose and mouth. But best of all, it's an exact match for the color of my skin. I've given up on foundation powders because this stuff works wonders. My face looks so much healthier and I've recieved many compliments...which for me, is rare! It really helps keep the oilies at bay, and touch-ups are a cinch. A little goes a long way. I use a fat rounded brush and dust lightly-- perfection! I have yet to find a pressed powder that can match this one in terms of shade, oil control and price (this stuff's super cheap!).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2005 5:53:00 PM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder yesterday in Ivory from a drugstore,ONLY because I didn't have enough money for my beloved Estee Lauder Double matte!I figured some powder is better than no powder,because I have extremely oily skin!I used to buy this stuff as a kid,and for the life of me couldn't remember why I stopped using it....and now I know why!This stuff is total crap!!It goes on VERY chalky,very unnatural looking....and when it first goes on,the Ivory is very white,which is great because I have very fair skin!But after half an hour to an hour,it darkens!With my EL Double Matte,I can re-powder and re-powder all day long,and it doesn't get cakey if my skin gets oily~with this powder,you can only re-powder like once before it gets cakey!And when it does,it looks hideous!Shine Free my butt!!This stuff gets a big ZERO from me!