July 28, 2014 | 1262 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by darkninja141

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's just say there is a reason why they call this product "Banana"... It's simply too yellow... No matter how little you put on as soon as you walk outside it looks like you have it on. With so many other great powders, I am not sure why anyone would use this.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, as everyone has already said, the packaging sucks. I put mine into an old loose powder container that had a sifter. It's quite a messy product to use as its a loose powder, so as you can imagine powder flies all over the place. That being said, it is a nice powder. Finely milled and smooth. Doesn't apply patchy to my face at all. Although it is a translucent powder, I do notice that it leaves a little bit of a yellow tint to my face which I appreciate as I can never find a foundation that's as yellow as my skin. You definitely can see that you have powder on your face - it's not a natural looking powder at first. The longer you wear it the better it looks as your natural oils on your face will help it melt into your skin a little better. It does keep my face looking matte for several hours, even in summer. FYI, I use this to set my entire face, not just the under eye area. It does brighten my complexion. I'm undecided as to whether I will repurchase, but I still have a ton of powder left so I won't need to make that decision anytime soon. It's definitely a powder worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this! I don't normally use powders because they all look so cakey. My face tends to get very shiny though so i gave this a shot. This works wonderfully! I use it only on my highlighted areas, on top of my concealor (under eyes, bridge of nose, forehead, overlip, and chin. I love the glow the yellow gives me; makes my highlight look more natural. It took a while to get it online but it's well worth it because the 8oz has last me a loooong time and it's still pretty full.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by farrahpotter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this. I just got this a few days ago, and it is a dreaaam. I hate to powder, and avoid it as much as possible, until my face becomes horribly shiny. Ive tried mac select sheer, mineralise skin finish, prep and prime by mac, rimmel stay matte, loreal pressed powder. The list is endless. I find that all listed looked to obviously powdery on my skin.
But the banana powder is soo finely milled, it does not look cakey. And it sets your makeup beautifully. Especially your concealer, as it has a kind of brightening effect. Im nc30-35, and the powder blends in perfectly.
Seriously, TRY THIS STUFF!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying I have VERY yellow skin (Asian) and I've never found a powder yellow enough to match my undertones. I tried this powder due to all the talk on the makeup board and after using it for a couple months, I love it and will never use another powder. I'm NC25 on MAC's coloring system and this powder blends in great and I don't look like I'm wearing a shade that doesn't match my actual skin tone. A drawback is that this powder looks cakey of you use too much, but what doesn't? I sprinkle a bit of powder on the back of my hand, dip a powder brush in it, then apply onto my face.

A plus is that it's so cheap. I ordered from a reputable seller on eBay. Got a 1.5oz container for $10.

Ingredients: Talc, Rice Starch, Zinc Stearate, Iron Oxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so hyped up and I feel that it's mainly because of Kim Kardashian.... who can deny her makeup always looks flawless!! It's a nice setting powder especially on medium-dark skin tones but I personally don't think its good for everyday use. It can look cakey but with the right application it looks amazing. I got the 8oz jar for $23 I believe and I don't know what I'm gonna do with all that product!! A little goes a long way and its shelf life is 24 months so I'm gonna have to share the loves with all my girlfriends lol....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by persianpersuasion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm IN LOVE!!

I have pretty oily NC30/35 skin with very strong yellow undertones.

I have been religiously using Coty's Airspun powder in translucent which did an okay job at combating my shine, but always gave me a pale, powdery, ghostly, dull appearance and needed to be reapplied several times a day.

Banana powder is the PERFECT long-lasting, yellow-toned mattifying powder for me! I use a regular powder brush to dust it all over my face, and especially focus it on my undereye area. It gives me a beautiful glow and keeps me shine-free nearly all day long!

I normally use MAC's SFF foundation but due to a tight budget I have been having to downgrade to Loreal's true match in W4 which is too light and not yellow enough for me; but banana powder gives me the yellow tint and sheen I need!

This is definitely a new staple. I am addicted!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the hype...I know, I know (put's head down in shame). I don't normally do it but it just kept calling me and then click, click it was in my cart...seconds later it was paid for. I must say that I am new to setting powders, this is in fact my first. I have used Bare Mineral's foundation powder in the past. In comparison the textures of the Ben Nye is so fine, it almost feels like silk. It is very fine milled and I needed the tiniest amount to set my under eye concealer. I never realised up until a few months ago how dark underneath my eye's had become. Lot's of late shift's and poor sleep will do it. I really notice that this powder complements my skin, there is no grey ashy tone when I put this on. My under eye area now appears to be brighter and less cakey looking with the banana powder on. The only thing I am not to keen on is the container it comes in. I will have to decant this into something. Perhaps in future this will be made in a nice travel friendly pressed powder form.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by vanillafuzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder did not work for me. It left my skin looking flat, dark, and a bit chalky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I heard about this product for a while and finally purchased it from ebay to see if it would work as a setting powder for my liquid foundations rather than always using a mineral powder to finish. I really do not see what is so special about it. It is not as yellow as I thought it would be, it is sort of a dark somewhat orange yellow. I was hoping for more of a pastel golden yellow. I suppose it sets the makeup and does what it is supposed to do but it honestly does not do much for complexion, definitely does not neutralize foundations that are too pink, and does soften or make the look more natural. I used both as a setting powder for the entire face and for concealers. The price is quite affordable so I cannot complain but it is not any more special than powders that have been around for ages like the Coty or other loose powders like that.