Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 10/15/2013 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! I've heard so many good things about it so when I decided to buy, I was happy that it lived up to my expectations. The powder is very finely milled so it doesn't crease on fine lines. It goes on very sheer and a little goes a long way. Unless you use it as your regular face powder, a bottle will last you a looong time. Which brings me to the only con I have of this product - the packaging. While the sifter may be hygienic, a lot gets wasted because its hard to control what comes out of it. I wish they could do something about this.

on 10/14/2013 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

The only con about this powder is the packaging, but other than that this product is amazing. It sets my under-eye concealer flawlessly.

on 10/11/2013 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

While this powder isn't for everyone it is for me. The color is just right and the finish it leaves me with is amazing. I sometimes use it for highlighting portions of my face and sometimes as an all over face powder. It photographs well without a white cast when doing flash photography. I wouldn't say it controls oil well or does a terrible job at it. I have oily skin and it didn't perform any worse or better than any other face powders I have tried. Even oil control powders last about the same on me as this. So believe what you will but everyone is different and I guess the chemistry mix between the powder and my body is the same with this and other powders I have tried.

The price, it can't be beat. It was around $13 for a 3oz tub. This thing is huge. I will never be able to finish it. But the packaging is horrible. It's a cap with a sifter on top and unlike powder jars once the powder is out of the container, there is no well or anything on top of the sifter to hold it there. I've since poured this into an older face powder jar that I have finished with a sifter. This works out much better and I am experiencing less product waste.

Also ladies for those of you looking for a color match. Some reviewers say this is either took dark or too light for them. Do your research. Ben nye makes a range of colors for their powders. It may not be called banana powder, but it's essentially the same thing in a different color. I know everyone has hyped up this one color/powder, but if it's the wrong color it won't work for you. So don't just reach for it because everyone says omg you have to try the banana powder. Do your research. This is yellow.

on 10/11/2013 1:37:00 PM

bought it to see what all the hype is about, its a really good powder, doesn't cake up foundation, though it does darken the foundation color into more of an orangey yellowy tone. but in summer season this will come in handy, im too light to use it purely as undereye powder although it does the highlighting job amazingly, wen I was tanner It was perfect. Only con is the packaging as everyone else is saying but u are buying a huge tub for 12-14 $

on 10/11/2013 12:32:00 AM

PROS: blends very easily, works in warm tones even though it's yellow, great concealer, great highlighter. CONS: expensive (bought mine in eBay for a great deal though!), packaging is just dumb, I have to tap some into the cap and because I use so little, I can't put the cap back on til I've used everything in it

on 9/24/2013 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Loaded with parabens and loads of shimmer. Does not prolong foundation wearing time, therefore useless as a setting powder, clings to any dry spots even on my extra oily exfoliated face, shimmer sits in pores on my forehead and especially cheeks. Doesn't change the colour of your foundation to a yellow tone. You do get a lot of product for your dosh. Packaging sucks, mine has the sifter, and gets messy. Doesn't help to highlight under the eye area at all, my Australis Contour Shade is my go to. Gave it a good go and have since sold it, I hated it.

on 9/21/2013 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I like this powder. But with skin like mine that oils up really intensely - like I've-been-single-handedly-keeping-the-oil-blotting-paper-industry-alive oily - it doesn't do the job. Granted, it does keep the oil at bay longer than usual, maybe 3-4 hours away whereas without it there'd be oil on my face within 1-2 hours with the regular blot-and-pressed powder touch up routine. That's good enough for me! Besides there's just a finish to it which makes it look like my skin is glowing. That too makes it a hit for me. Still I'll probably buy the Neutral Set powder next in case I run out, just to try it.

on 9/17/2013 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I. Am. In. LOVE! I have VERY oily skin and this keeps me pretty matte all day. I can look too yellow if I use it everywhere as I have pink undertones. But it just brightens the face up. You get a good amount of product. I love this powder. Not much more I can say. Well besides the packaging. But if you keep it upright,you're good to go!

on 9/10/2013 3:29:00 AM

I was in love with this loose powder for 3 months ... and then I worked out it was causing my pores to clog and I developed milia on the skin around my eyes. If you've never heard of milia before - google it - they're little raised bumps of skin. I've never had milia before in my life and I thought it odd that it appeared out of the blue. I began to eliminate various possible culprits from my eye creams to eye shadows and in the end I believe it was this loose powder.

My milia cleared up straight away when I stopped using the powder. When I read into Ben Nye, and the ingredients list - I found the brand had its roots in stage makeup. Really heavy duty long lasting stuff. Which is great if your skin can handle it - mine can't. I used it to set my makeup, and its incredibly fine and last most of the day without going shiny until late afternoon. A little is all you need. A downer is it comes in a little plastic bottle is so you need to shake out the powder on to the back of your hand or a palette and dust it on.

So overall, a truly an excellent powder - just not for me.

on 8/31/2013 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I can't believe I've never reviewed this product before, it's one of my top make up staples! I first discovered 'Banana Powder' last year, and ordered the 1.5oz jar. It comes with a sifter opening and to me has a pleasantly sweet scent. To look at it, it is very yellow and it is extremely finely milled. So my favourite method of using it in my make up routine is after I've applied my concealer under my eyes or around the sides of my nose. The perfect brush I've found for application is the Real Techniques 'Deluxe Crease Brush' in the Starter Kit. I just dip the brush into the powder then use it to buff the powder under my eyes and everywhere else. The powder is applied and buffed in exactly where I want it to be. I don't use all over my face - just where I've applied my concealer. My concealer NEVER creases and is set in place for the whole day. There is no cakey look, nor does the powder settling into my lines. Not only that, but my under-eye area looks much brighter, but not in that unnatural way you see sometimes on Kim K. It's worth noting though I have an NC25 skin tone with yellow/olive undertones.

Overall, it is the most perfect powder to set your concealer with the additional benefit of brightening your under-eye area. I also love the price of this powder - from the US it came to around £10! Considering I use it almost everyday, I still have more than 3/4 of the jar left!

Recommended for Normal Skin