October 24, 2014 | 1046 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from makeupmania.
It was less than $8 WITH shipping for the 1.5oz size shaker.
I use this as an all over foundation setting powder. I LOVE IT. On days I want full coverage but I don't want to wear a thick/heavy foudnation AND matching powder on top, I wear my light-med foundation with this all over. I could not believe how magical this stuff is. I'm med in color with warm undertones and I don't think this makes me look yellow at all.

My ONLY gripe, is the packaging...the shaker opening is so small that the lid is not quite large enough to sift product into and comfortably swirl my blush around in. Even with a damp sponge, it's kinda of messy. I wish they would make it a little more user friendly, but in any case, it doesn't affect the product at all. I fixed that by emptying out an Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Powder container (with attached puff) and pouring the banana powder in there. VOILA!
I've never had an issue using the UD packaging (in fact, I love it!), so that solved the packaging prob for me.

All in all, I think it's worth the hype. It's inexpensive, has amazing coverage, and doesn't get thick or cakey. What more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

First off,as everyone else has stated the package kinda sucks. I sift it into the lid,but if you don't use it all & attempt to put it back you end up losing product. But for the cheap price,guess its not to bad. I use this mostly for setting my under eye concealor & so far it works. I'm pretty sure I could make it work better for me. But the fact that it helps the concealor to stay,stop creasing and highlights is good enough. I use this with Mac's mineralized concealor,so it gets the job done for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently realized that I have sort of yellow undertones and that my BB cream was just looking too white. I was looking for a yellow setting powder so it could offset the white in my BB cream.

Anyway, it was ok.. but not great.

Pros :
-Lots of powder
-Affordable

Cons:
-Nothing really

Good for: People with yellow undertones. People who wear powder regularly (maybe that's why I didn't like it, I don't really wear colored powder on top of a base)

Not for: People who don't really like powder. People expecting a very fine powder like HD powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, anytime I'm considering buying anything under the heading of cosmetics, I research and read the reviews on MUA. That's what kind of pushed me to order the banana powder..coupled with Pinterest. I bought the 3.0 oz container from makeupmania...all under 15 bucks with shipping, plus taxes all added in. Great customer service as well. This stuff is uh-amazing. I've been using it for three days now, and my face looks perfect. I started just using it for my concealer (NC45), but then found a way to powder it onto my foundation, lightly. It's addicting. The only downer is the packaging, but you can find a way around it.I have so many compacts lying around, so I made use of them. The best way to apply it with foundation, is with a powder puff, and for concealer, use a damp beauty blender-like sponge.I first tried it with just buffing it with a brush, but I didn't like it. This stuff makes me excited to put my makeup on in the morning, Enjoy ladies. :)

Mini Update: My grandfather passed away this past weekend, and all week I have been running around with my family, and missing sleep. Today I came home in the middle of the afternoon, excited to take a nap. I was gonna wash my makeup off, knowing I'd have to reapply/touch up anyways once I got up, but I was too tired. I slept nearly three hours. My makeup always melts off when I sleep, so I just knew I was gonna see a half baked face when I went into the bathroom under my bright lighting. WRONG! Under eye area was still just as bright- concealer hadn't budged, nor had my foundation or blush. I'm so not used to that. Honestly, this stuff is gold!!!

UPDATE: I have discovered recently, that when using this over your concealer, and/or foundation, it is best to not apply it immediately after. When you do it that way, especially with cream products, cake face is almost definite. Apply your foundation and/or concealer, and wait a few minutes for it to settle. This especially helps with concealer, as the powder will go on brighter and not look powdery at all , just like a gorgeous yellow highlight. Hope this helps. :)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well I tried the Banana product at last and I must say its pretty cool. I don't apply this to contour but use it all over the face and it sets my tinted moisturizer awesomely well. It looks little pinkish in the container but its very powdery(but in a good way), sheer and little goes a long way. I am NC40 for ref, luckily its not yellow on me, since its super sheer it blends in very well. So far I love this product.
UPDATE *** So far this product hasn't broken me out yet..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc27-30, warm yellow undertones, oily

Bought this because of the whole Kim k hype. I wouldn't repurchase this product! I used this to set my undereye concealer (bobbi brown corrector, maybelline fit me concealer). I set using my damp beauty blender and I only use little product. The results still made my undereyes look really dry and Cakey! I love my MUFE's hd powder but I wanted to try something new. I guess I'm going back to my old love.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by GirlQatar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this powder everyday to set my concealer and it makes it last all day! I love the way it blends into the skin. The packaging sucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I bought this because I found out Kim Kardashian uses this for her under-eye highlight and contour. (I ADORE HER MAKE UP)

At first, I thought this wouldn't be light enough to be a highlighting powder (I'm NC30)..but after researching, I decided to give this a try. Heck, if it wasn't going to be light enough for my under-eyes, I could always just use this all over my face as setting powder.

I ordered this through Makeupmania.com as they charged the least for shipping. I got the smallest bottle, 1.5 oz(42 grams) which was $7.95. After taxes and shipping and currency change, it came to ~$12 CDN. Which is unbelievably cheap considering the amount you get. Lets compare...a small (4 gram) MUFE HD Translucent powder costed $10 at Sephora. The Banana powder has 10x more product, yet only costed $2 more than MUFE...such a deal.

I applied it strictly under my eyes after using concealer. I applied it with both a sponge and a brush and I preferred using a brush more as it went on more evenly/grabbed more product than the sponge. It went on BEAUTIFULLY.
This powder is SOOOO finely-milled that it blends so welllllllll. Did NOT make my concealer crease at all, and is NOT patchy. It's pretty long lasting even without face primer. The colour was dead on, light enough that highlighted my under-eye area.

The only downside to this product is the packaging..to be precise, the holes at the top of the container that lets the powder escape. There's too many holes hence A LOT of product comes out at once. An easy solution for this is to tape up half of the holes - easy peasy. Other than that, the container is okay, considering how much product it has to hold.

I will definitely repurchase this (as well as in another shade) because it's such a GOOD powder for such a CHEAP price!!!! Makes my concealer last all day & highlights at the same time!
I will probably purchase another one of these powder in a shade that matches my face since this is a bit too light for the rest of my face.

GO CHECK IT OUT. AMAZING POWDER FOR 1/4TH OF THE PRICE I WOULD NORMALLY PAY.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Seen all the reviews thought I would give this a chance.
When applied it's literally not at all yellow on my skin, rather it's translucent when blended in, but that might be because I have quite warm undertones anyway I don't know..but it doesn't have this disgusting pinky beige muddy finish like a lot of powders which aren't completely translucent do. I was expecting it to deposit a horrible dark yellow colour on my face but it like I said is translucent. Anyway, it's really good to set foundation and concealer; it lasts a good four hours with foundation on my oily skin. I like to use a good deal under my eye area to highlight and it does kind of brighten up my face.

The only con that it is a little cakey/chalky looking when sometimes I prefer the dewy finish, so i have to apply a little highlighter over it in this such case.

I would definitely buy this again because It really works for me as a setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Johnny16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this powder , after watching and researching this powder I decided to go ahead and buy the 8 oz tub considering that it was super popular and so many people wanted it. Let me start off by saying this powder looks so much more lighter and yellow on video reviews when I received mine it was definitely yellow but did have some orange tones in it as well which warms up the face a bit. With that being said I wouldn't recommend this to fair skin tones unless you use it to warm up your complexion , another thing is the packaging which by all the reviews on here the packaging is definitely not that great the 8oz tub does not come with a sifter it's just a tub full of powder. I bought this powder to highlight under neath my eyes and to set my concelear , I have to say that this powder is really smooth and silky  but at the same time it's a bit thick which I'm surprised to hear that a lot of people say its "finely milled" compared to my makeup forever HD powder it is definitely thicker not drastically thick but you can see the difference . But for the price that it is I defiantly can't complain I still feel like this product is over hyped , a product that I was using to brighten my under eye and set my concelear before this was the Milani Even-Touch powder and I would say they are exactly the same except the Milani is a compact version , the ingredients are exactly the same so if you have second thoughts on wether you should try this product or allergic to any of the ingredients I say you go to your local drugstore and pick up the Milani and see what you think . I put the banna powder on around 7am and find myself retouching about 4-6 hours later so this powder does have a good staying power. Overall it is a good setting/highlighting powder I would repurchase it just cause of how cheap and how much product you get . Forgot to mention , I have really sensitive , acne prone skin, and currently on acne medications and this did not affect my skin at all .

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No