August 31, 2014 | 1031 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by GirlQatar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this powder everyday to set my concealer and it makes it last all day! I love the way it blends into the skin. The packaging sucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I bought this because I found out Kim Kardashian uses this for her under-eye highlight and contour. (I ADORE HER MAKE UP)

At first, I thought this wouldn't be light enough to be a highlighting powder (I'm NC30)..but after researching, I decided to give this a try. Heck, if it wasn't going to be light enough for my under-eyes, I could always just use this all over my face as setting powder.

I ordered this through Makeupmania.com as they charged the least for shipping. I got the smallest bottle, 1.5 oz(42 grams) which was $7.95. After taxes and shipping and currency change, it came to ~$12 CDN. Which is unbelievably cheap considering the amount you get. Lets compare...a small (4 gram) MUFE HD Translucent powder costed $10 at Sephora. The Banana powder has 10x more product, yet only costed $2 more than MUFE...such a deal.

I applied it strictly under my eyes after using concealer. I applied it with both a sponge and a brush and I preferred using a brush more as it went on more evenly/grabbed more product than the sponge. It went on BEAUTIFULLY.
This powder is SOOOO finely-milled that it blends so welllllllll. Did NOT make my concealer crease at all, and is NOT patchy. It's pretty long lasting even without face primer. The colour was dead on, light enough that highlighted my under-eye area.

The only downside to this product is the packaging..to be precise, the holes at the top of the container that lets the powder escape. There's too many holes hence A LOT of product comes out at once. An easy solution for this is to tape up half of the holes - easy peasy. Other than that, the container is okay, considering how much product it has to hold.

I will definitely repurchase this (as well as in another shade) because it's such a GOOD powder for such a CHEAP price!!!! Makes my concealer last all day & highlights at the same time!
I will probably purchase another one of these powder in a shade that matches my face since this is a bit too light for the rest of my face.

GO CHECK IT OUT. AMAZING POWDER FOR 1/4TH OF THE PRICE I WOULD NORMALLY PAY.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Seen all the reviews thought I would give this a chance.
When applied it's literally not at all yellow on my skin, rather it's translucent when blended in, but that might be because I have quite warm undertones anyway I don't know..but it doesn't have this disgusting pinky beige muddy finish like a lot of powders which aren't completely translucent do. I was expecting it to deposit a horrible dark yellow colour on my face but it like I said is translucent. Anyway, it's really good to set foundation and concealer; it lasts a good four hours with foundation on my oily skin. I like to use a good deal under my eye area to highlight and it does kind of brighten up my face.

The only con that it is a little cakey/chalky looking when sometimes I prefer the dewy finish, so i have to apply a little highlighter over it in this such case.

I would definitely buy this again because It really works for me as a setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Johnny16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this powder , after watching and researching this powder I decided to go ahead and buy the 8 oz tub considering that it was super popular and so many people wanted it. Let me start off by saying this powder looks so much more lighter and yellow on video reviews when I received mine it was definitely yellow but did have some orange tones in it as well which warms up the face a bit. With that being said I wouldn't recommend this to fair skin tones unless you use it to warm up your complexion , another thing is the packaging which by all the reviews on here the packaging is definitely not that great the 8oz tub does not come with a sifter it's just a tub full of powder. I bought this powder to highlight under neath my eyes and to set my concelear , I have to say that this powder is really smooth and silky  but at the same time it's a bit thick which I'm surprised to hear that a lot of people say its "finely milled" compared to my makeup forever HD powder it is definitely thicker not drastically thick but you can see the difference . But for the price that it is I defiantly can't complain I still feel like this product is over hyped , a product that I was using to brighten my under eye and set my concelear before this was the Milani Even-Touch powder and I would say they are exactly the same except the Milani is a compact version , the ingredients are exactly the same so if you have second thoughts on wether you should try this product or allergic to any of the ingredients I say you go to your local drugstore and pick up the Milani and see what you think . I put the banna powder on around 7am and find myself retouching about 4-6 hours later so this powder does have a good staying power. Overall it is a good setting/highlighting powder I would repurchase it just cause of how cheap and how much product you get . Forgot to mention , I have really sensitive , acne prone skin, and currently on acne medications and this did not affect my skin at all .

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by darkninja141

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's just say there is a reason why they call this product "Banana"... It's simply too yellow... No matter how little you put on as soon as you walk outside it looks like you have it on. With so many other great powders, I am not sure why anyone would use this.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, as everyone has already said, the packaging sucks. I put mine into an old loose powder container that had a sifter. It's quite a messy product to use as its a loose powder, so as you can imagine powder flies all over the place. That being said, it is a nice powder. Finely milled and smooth. Doesn't apply patchy to my face at all. Although it is a translucent powder, I do notice that it leaves a little bit of a yellow tint to my face which I appreciate as I can never find a foundation that's as yellow as my skin. You definitely can see that you have powder on your face - it's not a natural looking powder at first. The longer you wear it the better it looks as your natural oils on your face will help it melt into your skin a little better. It does keep my face looking matte for several hours, even in summer. FYI, I use this to set my entire face, not just the under eye area. It does brighten my complexion. I'm undecided as to whether I will repurchase, but I still have a ton of powder left so I won't need to make that decision anytime soon. It's definitely a powder worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this! I don't normally use powders because they all look so cakey. My face tends to get very shiny though so i gave this a shot. This works wonderfully! I use it only on my highlighted areas, on top of my concealor (under eyes, bridge of nose, forehead, overlip, and chin. I love the glow the yellow gives me; makes my highlight look more natural. It took a while to get it online but it's well worth it because the 8oz has last me a loooong time and it's still pretty full.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by farrahpotter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this. I just got this a few days ago, and it is a dreaaam. I hate to powder, and avoid it as much as possible, until my face becomes horribly shiny. Ive tried mac select sheer, mineralise skin finish, prep and prime by mac, rimmel stay matte, loreal pressed powder. The list is endless. I find that all listed looked to obviously powdery on my skin.
But the banana powder is soo finely milled, it does not look cakey. And it sets your makeup beautifully. Especially your concealer, as it has a kind of brightening effect. Im nc30-35, and the powder blends in perfectly.
Seriously, TRY THIS STUFF!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying I have VERY yellow skin (Asian) and I've never found a powder yellow enough to match my undertones. I tried this powder due to all the talk on the makeup board and after using it for a couple months, I love it and will never use another powder. I'm NC25 on MAC's coloring system and this powder blends in great and I don't look like I'm wearing a shade that doesn't match my actual skin tone. A drawback is that this powder looks cakey of you use too much, but what doesn't? I sprinkle a bit of powder on the back of my hand, dip a powder brush in it, then apply onto my face.

A plus is that it's so cheap. I ordered from a reputable seller on eBay. Got a 1.5oz container for $10.

Ingredients: Talc, Rice Starch, Zinc Stearate, Iron Oxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so hyped up and I feel that it's mainly because of Kim Kardashian.... who can deny her makeup always looks flawless!! It's a nice setting powder especially on medium-dark skin tones but I personally don't think its good for everyday use. It can look cakey but with the right application it looks amazing. I got the 8oz jar for $23 I believe and I don't know what I'm gonna do with all that product!! A little goes a long way and its shelf life is 24 months so I'm gonna have to share the loves with all my girlfriends lol....