April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

found the perfect setting powder. $8 on camera ready cosmetics, sifter bottle. loads of product that is so finely milled. i am NC30-40 depending on the season and this suits my skin so well. when i put it on my face, there is no strong yellow even if i accidentally put too much on.
it seems to bring a subtle highlight, much like ive used a yellow concealer on my cheeks, forehead and undereye (though i havent). it does so well at setting and controlling oil too.
doesnt settle into pores and doesnt smell. it would be great in a pressed form too because then i would carry it around for blotting if i needed it. i find that instead of using MAC blot powder, even though it doesnt have much pigment, the Banana Powder makes me look more radiant and healthy. before i bought the banana powder, i though Blot powder was okay, but when i compare the finishes of the two, banana powder wins hands down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading through every one of these reviews, I decided to go and purchase this product. I ordered a 3 oz from Makeupmania.com. Very cheap and only $2.99 shipping. The bottle is bulky, but I don't mind it. It has a sifter top. What I do is turn the bottle up side down with the cap still on, so when I open it, there's some powder on top of the sifter, I then use my big elf complexion brush, and lightly sweep up the powder and dust it on my face. I use very little- a couple sweeps on my Tzone, and one sweep on each cheek and chin. The effect is subtle, yet amazing. I previously use elf's HD powder, which I still love. This has the same effect as the HD powder, but also provides a nice glow on my face. It gives my complexion a lovely 'soft focus' look. My pores are barely noticeable and my skin is just glowing.
I have oily, acne prone skin that is very prone to clogged pores. I keep my skin fairly clear with 2% Bha, but I still need a light layer of foundation to smooth out my skin tone. This powder oomphs up my complexion by giving it a great glow. It also really helps control my oilies. It is extremely light and fine, I don't feel anything on my face at all. Also, I should mention that I am Asian and have a pretty light skin tone that is yellow based, so I do not notice anything with this powder leaving any yellow cast on my face. It is so fine though so I think it should be suitable for all skin colors. I wear this all day from 7am-11pm with no issues at all. It helps my make up stay put all day, and by 11pm, I look like I still have freshly applied makeup on. I am so happy I read the reviews and got this, I'd recommend it for anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

I find this to be a great finishing powder. Hard to get with me being in Australia but product is such a low price, that even with international shipping costs, it's still cheaper than any other good powder available in our stores here. Definitely worth getting some
of this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by xKamilax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE. This powder is amazing... I know people dont like reading long stories about products so I will get into the pros and cons straight away!
PROS
+ Looks amazing on photos
+ Dont need a lot to cover the whole face
+ It doesn't break me out
+ It doesnt look powdery
+ Will last forever
+ My face isn't shiny after using it
CONS
- The packaging... Thats the only thing.. When you open it it goes everywhere! I recommend getting a loose powder container or using one that you already might own.. Like a Bare Minerals one! Its great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by klprice1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I combine this and the Neutral shade, and the result is beautiful. I've tried 100's of powders, and this is the only one that looks absolutely natural and also has staying power. I mean, REAL staying power. and it DOES. NOT. CAKE. HG Loose Powder for sure.

Also, it's super cheap compared to other powders, especially ones as finely milled and high quality.

Oh, and it doesn't break me out at all. My skin has been well-behaved with it, and it'll react to anything if it has a single pore-clogging ingredient in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Evonne55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product. You can wear it in so many different ways. You can use a lot for that glowing look, or use a little for a little pop. Since I started wearing it I feel like a million bucket and people think I'm in love but its just my makeup that has me glowing lol....This product is hard to find in store but is sold online at www.makeupmania.com for a great price with cheap shipping only $2.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this!

Will echo what the other fellow tan ladies are saying. I am probably NC40, East Indian skin ton. I don't wear foundation but this dusted over my face just makes me look finished. I was happy with my LM Secret Finishing Powder n #2 for setting my concealer but this is even better.

I got a decent amount for about 10 bucks on Ebay. I just dust a power brush over the holes and apply. I think this would last me forever..

Great powder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from a lovely MUA-er, and it really is one of the better setting powders out there. I've tried a few much more expensive setting powders, and they aren't nearly as good as this one. It's mattifying, keeps my combo-oily skin controlled, and doesn't irritate my skin at all. It's on my list of favorites right now...dare I say HG?:)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Sumil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read glowing reviews of Ben Nyes Banana Powder so thought I would try it. Big mistake. Despite what other reviewers say, if you are fair skinned like me this powder will have a yellow cast to it. Also, I have sensitive, allergy prone skin and mild rosacea. The second this powder hit my face, my face turned pink. It also caused me to breakout. If you have rosacea or sensitive skin it won't tone down redness, it will exacerbate it. If you have problem skin like me, I recommend you stay away from this product.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

What a fabulous product! Prior to this, I was using MAC Blotting powder, and while there wasn't anything wrong with it, I read such great things about this powder I thought I'd try it out. I shake it out onto a tissue, tap my powder brush in it, and lightly dust it over my face. It doesn't break me out, eliminates shine caused by my sunscreen, evens out my skin tone, and imparts a soft-focus, golden glow. Even though I only use a tiny amount, my face stays matte all day (though my nose can get slightly shiny mid-day, which I fix with blotting paper). I wish this came in a compact, or at least had different packaging, but I transferred it to a small screw-top sifter which makes it more portable. Paying $8 for 1.5oz of such a great product is a steal! I indicated that I would buy this product again, but it'll be years before I have to. :)