April 20, 2014 | 1982 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ScarlettBegonias

It smells pretty good in the tub but on me it smells terrible. It's probably delicious to some other people, but I'm just not digging it. On me it smells like the old Sparkling Peach or whatever it was from Bath and Body Works. I like the texture though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by moggi

It smells like a freshly cut mango. I like the texture, which is like frosting or whipped butter. It does a good job of moisturizing; I've been using it over the winter when my skin gets really dry. I'd say the only drawback is the price; it's a little more costly than some other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by alackofcolor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

at around £12 it's not exactly cheap but you get a ton and it's so worth it! So good for moisturising and making your skin smooth and supple. And with the delicious light scent of mango yoghurt! Yum! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lorac29

The smell of this body butter is absolutely amazing. It smells delicious, but for a product called body BUTTER, I don't think it's that moisturizing. It's just okay for me and it gives my skin an oily look to it after using. It's a little pricey for something that doesn't work as well as a drugstore moisturizer. But, I might just keep getting it for the smell =D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by karmiekins

I am completely in love with the smell ♥ It moisturizes sooooooooo well. In the Winter, my legs are SUPER dry and this just makes them so nice and smooth <3!

$20 is kinda pricey though .__.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by lemonjump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the smell of it!!!! It is really oily and my skin had a really hard time to absorb it. My hands got oily after applying it, too.
love the smell, and thatís all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought this, because I ran out of my beloved Delon body butter, and it was on sale so I figured why not.. I picked out "Mango", because it's for "very dry skin", which I have a huge problem with in the winter time.

My entire body gets all scaley and starts flaking off skin when it's cold out (especially my legs)... I was born in the south, so my skin doesn't adjust at all to the Canadian winters. I depend on rich body butters to help keep me moisturized, and lock it into my skin. I gave this 5 stars because it works great-- it does what it claims it will. It is slightly greasy after application, but my skin is soo dry it absorbs it within 10-15 minutes. If you DON'T need EXCESSIVE moisture, do NOT buy this product, buy one of the regular body butters because they aren't as intense and greasy. This is for very dry skin, and is best suited for that, if you don't have very dry skin you may find it too oily.

My skin is soft, smooth and all the scaley bits are gone. The only thing I don't like is the scent... it smells more like peach than mango? But I won't take points off for that, because that's my personal opinion and not the fault of the product. I also bought Coconut and Satsuma, and will review those when I try them :)

Edit: After using this daily for a few weeks now, I've gotten used to the peachy smell, and now I really like it! I thought it was strong at first, but after getting used to it (and getting told I "smelled amazing" every time I left the house), I changed my mind and like the scent now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Yummm, I've used this one for ages.
I bought like 3 of the smaller sized ones, because I couldn't commit to using the big one. And yes, the smaller ones are much easier to tote around.

But I finally got a large one, and now I'm on my SECOND large tub of this Mango Body Butter!

My mom hates the scent, but I don't mind. She's a very floral person.

It's a strong, straight up, artificial-esque Mango scent. Very sweet. Someone commented on me a few years back saying it smelled like an air freshener, haha!!

I still love this, and I always go back to it. Recently, I've noticed that it was a tad sticky after use, but I love it anyway.

This has always been my favourite scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by florabundance

I love this product! The consistancy is quite thick and luxurious and it is very moisturing, making my skin feel wonderfully smooth and glossy following application and leaving a slight sheen. The packaging could perhaps be a little nicer to do justice to the product but this can easily be overlooked. By far the best thing about this body butter is the smell, it is beautiful! Unfortunately I have recently discovered the strawberry flavour and think I have been converted!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by LondonElle

My favourite body butter from TBS - great smell, really moisturises my skins in the winter and comes in a big tub. I buy a tub of this every winter and it saves my skin from drying out.