December 20, 2014 | 1578 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Old Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2005 8:13:00 AM More reviews by necro_nymph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can`t get enough of this ! I had been meaning to buy it for ages and only got round to it last week. There is not a single colour that this does not go with. It`s gorgeous ! I can`t stop playing with it :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2005 5:44:00 PM More reviews by askewchick

Old Gold is definitely one of my favorite pigments. It is a mermaid color in that it has a smooth darkened gold appearance gilded with slight green and brown shimmer. It is not a simple gold and reminds me a little of a darkened, more glittery version of Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow. It is very pigmented, but can be blended out to be sheer or built up to be more opaque. A true original.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2005 9:12:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hm, how do I describe this delightful shade? Itís more of a Bronze that borders and flashes a lovely green. Like all pigments, a little goes a long way! This is one of the finer milled pigments that adheres nicely to the skin. Looks smashing with Blue Brown pigment or by itself even. I even bought Green Brown Pigment because I was told it is very similar to this pigment. I usually loathe having similar colors, but I donít mind with this unique color! I would definitely re-purchase this gem of a Pigment! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2005 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Christina1835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can see what all the good reviews are for. As previously stated, Old Gold is definitely Green Brown's lighter sister. It has a great shine to it, almost metallic like and is very versatile. To me, this is a shimmery mix of a shiny chartreuse and medium brown. This is very frosty on the lid even without use of water, base, or mixing medium and that is certainly a positive for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2005 10:02:00 PM More reviews by dazee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Old Gold is such a stunning color, not at all what I thought it would be! It's super frosty and I was suprised by the flash of green. I wore it today, and I think it really made my blue eyes pop. This color is just elegant, I can't think of another word for it! I can't wait to play more with this one, mixing & pairing it up with other colors. I would call this a must-have and one you really need to see in person to understand what's so special about it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by eenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a stunning, understated color. They really captured the color of actual old money in this pigment. It's a tarnished gold color that flashes green. Applied wet, the green really flashes. I use this over Chartru pigment to really bring out the gold.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by MissLelly

GORRRRGEOUS colour! A stunning but wearable shimmery true gold that switches to a chartreusey green in the literal blink of an eye. So beautiful you really have to try it for yourself. I use it with Rimmel cream shadow as a base to keep it on as a shadow or liner that lasts all day. At first, $22 CDN seemed quite steep for a pot of pigment, but I am SOO glad I bought this--now I can't do without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't have the FULL size bottle, but i do have a very generous sample amount. IF i ever ran out, i would purchase the full size. This is a GORGEOUS colour!! THe name is a little deceiving thus one lippie off :).. It's browny base that flashes a vibrant lime green! I don't find it too flashy at all and get many compliments when i wear this out. I don't really see any gold maybe just a hint of it at certain angles when the base colour (brown) shows through.. anyhow.. regardless.. this is an absolutely stunning colour!! makes dark brown eyes really *pop*.. I like using this ontop of my UD Soot liner, just a thin line under my lower lash line.. BEAUTIFUL!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 12:57:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and I was suprised because it doesn't really look gold-it's more of a very tarnished gold. Similar to green brown, but lighter and with more gold/brown undertones. Very unique and very flashy. I would buy it again if I ever run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2004 8:02:00 PM More reviews by badpenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was rather disappointing to me. I like the dual color aspect, but it's just not pretty. Plus I've discovered pigments are just too darn much work for me.