September 1, 2014 | 1091 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by linda3365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't live without my CILS. I haven't tried any others, but have purchased this one several times. I can throw my eyelash curler away and I have gotten many compliments on my long lashes. It can be inconvenient because my lashes hit my sunglasses !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I actually really liked this product. I got it in a gift pack from Lancome last month and was surprised to find out how well it worked. I have never used a mascara booster before and was pleasantly surprised. My mascara is a very soft, non-clumping, natural one that doesn't do much to lengthen or thicken lashes, but with this booster, my mascara now looks so natural still yet more noticeable. I do not like the thick, fake mascara look, but with this booster, I can keep my natural lash look with the effect of having long, soft natural lashes. My regular mascara is Lavera's Volume Mascara. That mascara plus this booster is just perfect for me!

I have heard that the Shiseido boster is wonderful too, so before I decide which one I will buy, I plan to try them both out. I know for sure that I like this Lancome one though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by stcloud

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have previously been using L'Oreal Double Extension beauty tubes that comes with mascara at one end and lash primer at the other. After trying many mascaras from premium brands (Clinique, Dior, Lancome) and after reading the good reviews for this product, I thought I would try it to see if it were even better.

I was disappointed. My medium length, thin lashes were not lengthened or thickened to the extent that I got from my L'Oreal mascara and I even splashed out on new Lancome mascara to use with the Cils Booster.

Given the price of nearly 45 for the Cils Booster and Lancome mascara, I'll stay with my 9 L'Oreal mascara that gives much better results at 1/5 of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by rea93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the best eyelash primer I have tried yet - it gives my wimpy little lashes a huge boost and would work with almost ANY mascara! I love it! It's a great investment, and lasts for a very long time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

It's been a while since I've used a mascara base, but since I got this as a GWP, I figured I'd give it a try. Wow! This base lengthened my lashes incredibly, and not only did it keep my curl, but it actually enhanced it! The only thing I noticed was that you have to really work to build it up, it doesn't go on super easy. But other than that, it's a great product that I will consider purchasing when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I must admit that I only used the trial size (given as GWP) and this has no effect compared to my favorite Shiseido Mascara Base.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by deebird1

AMAZING. Makes my lashes long, thick, beautiful. Finally a product that does what it says. All other high end eye products usually disappoint and I find I have wasted my money. However this truly does work, and does exactly what it says. A great investment if you want incredible lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by barbariska

Just can't live without this mascara. I buy it together with Hypnose mascara and it makes my eyelashes REALLY long! People keep asking me what mascara do I use and the people that I've recommended it to and have bought it never complained.

One thing though - it is at its best after about 2 weeks of use so just give some time before deciding on it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I'm gonna have to say, this primer did nothing for my lashes. I could not even tell a difference. My lashes did not stay curled, it did not lengthen or thicken and they were super clumpy(clumpy is not thick in my eyes). I usually like clumpy but this was too much for me. I used the entire tube, but will not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by yellowmeow

I am pissed at this mascara base and pissed off at myself for giving in and spend $42.50 to buy the freaken Lush lash set from Nordstrom. I heard a lot of good reviews on it so i decided to buy it without trying it first. Stupid, i know. The freaken cilis booster xl mascara base sucked and did nothing for my lashes. In fact it weighed down my lashes, even after i curled my lashes with an eye lash curler. After applying the mascara base, and seeing that my lashes have fallen back into their normal state, which was straight downward pointing, i didn't even want to apply the mascara anymore. And when i did apply the Hypnose mascara, I wanted my money back. Sooooo bad. Even when i applied the mascara without the base, i was still disappointed. I just wish i had read more reviews before i bought it. My advice is that if you have very straight stubborn lashes and most mascaras don't give your lashes a lift, you WILL be disappointed if you buy this, because it will make your lashes droopy. I warned you. Now, how am i ever going to finish up the freaken mascara base and the hypnose mascara? So mad.