March 2, 2015 | 1614 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this product did add SLIGHT length to my lashes, it caused major clumping issues. It dries white, and it was hard to ensure that this was completely covered by my mascara. This product also seemed to "weigh down" my lashes, causing holding a curl to be nearly impossible. I could not get this product to work for me, and it eventually went into the garbage in a fit of frustration.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Meh - for me, this performs no better than the drug store primers I have tried over the years (L'Oreal, Maybelline, etc). There is NO way I"d pay the going price (approx $22) for this. Yes, it makes whatever mascara I happen to be using have even more oomph as far as length and volume, but so do the drug store ones I have tried. Also, too much product comes out of the tube each time which is annoying and makes it so that I have to be extra careful to avoid clumps (or wipe off brush w/ tissue = wasting product). All in all, not impressed. If I could, my rating would actually be 2.5.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by thompsof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love, love love this product! Got it as a sample from Sephora and was immediately hooked. Recently bought the full size. Thickens and lengthens like you wouldn't believe and goes well under all of the mascara I've tried. It will separate the lashes well, but it can clump if you use too much product; so wipe off a bit before applying. Also, you want to apply the mascara not too long after you apply this otherwise your lashes will look hard and flake. It's quite expensive but is well worth every penny; it 'll take any mascara that you have to the next level! . I will definitely be repurchasing and would recommend this to everyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by iawia

I bought this product because a friend of mine had such great success with it. I have very short eyelashes, absolutely no curl. I was really hopeful when I bought it, especially since the sales girl also raved about it.. I see a tiny bit of difference, but that is immediately after I have used it.. I probably won't purchase it again. It is just an extra step to do when it really doesn't make a huge difference in my eyelash length or thickness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I was looking for something to replace my Shiseido mascara base and hoped this would do the trick. It did not. It's not bad, just not as impressive as my old Shiseido base or my new Dior lash plumper. I'd recommend checking out Dior's in particular to anyone not quite satisfied with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

I LOOOOOOOOVE Lancome mascaras....................but the price tag is just too ridiculous. I use mascara and primer every day, and replace every 3 months, so its just not realistic for me to spend $30 bucks a tube on an ongoing basis. That being said, this primer has it all...great formula, great brush, makes any mascara look like falsies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, it's good, but I'm still looking for a mascara primer that gives me more volume. I first used it when I received as a GWP and it was really good. Made my lashes look amazing even with crappy mascara as Maybelline's Great Lash (that's the definition of a good mascara primer!). Now I bought the full-sized product and I'm a little disappointed. While it does enhance your lashes, it isn't the almost-miracle product that I tried. I think I'll keep looking for a mascara base and probably won't buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by reporter1911

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love. Makes any mascara that much better. A little pricey, but worth it. I use it every time I wear mascara. Highly, highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by linda3365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't live without my CILS. I haven't tried any others, but have purchased this one several times. I can throw my eyelash curler away and I have gotten many compliments on my long lashes. It can be inconvenient because my lashes hit my sunglasses !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I actually really liked this product. I got it in a gift pack from Lancome last month and was surprised to find out how well it worked. I have never used a mascara booster before and was pleasantly surprised. My mascara is a very soft, non-clumping, natural one that doesn't do much to lengthen or thicken lashes, but with this booster, my mascara now looks so natural still yet more noticeable. I do not like the thick, fake mascara look, but with this booster, I can keep my natural lash look with the effect of having long, soft natural lashes. My regular mascara is Lavera's Volume Mascara. That mascara plus this booster is just perfect for me!

I have heard that the Shiseido boster is wonderful too, so before I decide which one I will buy, I plan to try them both out. I know for sure that I like this Lancome one though.