Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 1/23/2011 3:46:00 PM

I really love this lash booster - the best compared to a couple of others that I have used. My favorite used to be Prescriptives. I think it is no longer available and that is why I am trying the Lancome brand. I am currently using a cils booster XL sample size. I've been using it under my Mary Kay mascara. I bet it works even better under a Lancome mascara. When I am finished with this sample size, I will most DEFINITELY purchase a full size cils boosterXL. You have to try this one for yourself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this stuff! I have whimpy short lashes & this really pumps up the volume on my lashes to help my mascara. I use with Black Carat mascara. LOVE!!!! I've tried Dior,Sephora,MAC,CG,Maybelline etc.... Always go back to this!

on 1/16/2011 11:57:00 PM

Pretty good product depending on technique. If I lightly brush my eyelashes once, then put mascara on immediately, it does not clump and adds length. I do each eye separately. If not, too much product can be distributed and clumps or it dries and mascara doesn't go as well on top. Despite the finicky details, I have noticed a difference in my eyelashes- they seem to have grown thicker and longer. I haven't seen it advertized as a treatment, but it seems to make a difference. When I finish this, I will likely try Dior's version and compare.UPDATE: I tried Dior's and appreciate this one more. It looks more natural, doesn't ball at the tips or flake and seems to make more of a difference improving the actual lash. I like the fibre brush vs. Dior's plastic nubs, which never work for me. Its hard to justify the price for any primer, but at least my eyelashes seem healthier. I'd repurchase if I had Shoppers points or gift certificates.UPDATE: upgrading to a 5. Now that I've used it for a while and its a bit dryer, its so easy to work with and adds a lot of volume and length without clumps. My lashes underneath look significantly better and healthier. Love this! UPDATE: I've been using this for more than a year now and have seen a noticeable difference in the thickness and length of lashes underneath mascara. I used to have sparse, short ones and now they're actually decent. I'm not sure what's in this product, but it works! It's an excellent primer that allows better wear but easier removal, better look with mascara and improves lash health and growth. Before, I had a hard time justifying, but will happily keep purchasing now that I've seen such results!

on 1/15/2011 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

While this product did add SLIGHT length to my lashes, it caused major clumping issues. It dries white, and it was hard to ensure that this was completely covered by my mascara. This product also seemed to "weigh down" my lashes, causing holding a curl to be nearly impossible. I could not get this product to work for me, and it eventually went into the garbage in a fit of frustration.

on 12/29/2010 8:34:00 PM

Meh - for me, this performs no better than the drug store primers I have tried over the years (L'Oreal, Maybelline, etc). There is NO way I"d pay the going price (approx $22) for this. Yes, it makes whatever mascara I happen to be using have even more oomph as far as length and volume, but so do the drug store ones I have tried. Also, too much product comes out of the tube each time which is annoying and makes it so that I have to be extra careful to avoid clumps (or wipe off brush w/ tissue = wasting product). All in all, not impressed. If I could, my rating would actually be 2.5.

on 12/27/2010 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love, love love this product! Got it as a sample from Sephora and was immediately hooked. Recently bought the full size. Thickens and lengthens like you wouldn't believe and goes well under all of the mascara I've tried. It will separate the lashes well, but it can clump if you use too much product; so wipe off a bit before applying. Also, you want to apply the mascara not too long after you apply this otherwise your lashes will look hard and flake. It's quite expensive but is well worth every penny; it 'll take any mascara that you have to the next level! . I will definitely be repurchasing and would recommend this to everyone!

on 12/12/2010 1:39:00 PM

I bought this product because a friend of mine had such great success with it. I have very short eyelashes, absolutely no curl. I was really hopeful when I bought it, especially since the sales girl also raved about it.. I see a tiny bit of difference, but that is immediately after I have used it.. I probably won't purchase it again. It is just an extra step to do when it really doesn't make a huge difference in my eyelash length or thickness.

on 11/7/2010 10:36:00 PM

I was looking for something to replace my Shiseido mascara base and hoped this would do the trick. It did not. It's not bad, just not as impressive as my old Shiseido base or my new Dior lash plumper. I'd recommend checking out Dior's in particular to anyone not quite satisfied with this.

on 10/24/2010 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOOOOOOOOVE Lancome mascaras....................but the price tag is just too ridiculous. I use mascara and primer every day, and replace every 3 months, so its just not realistic for me to spend $30 bucks a tube on an ongoing basis. That being said, this primer has it all...great formula, great brush, makes any mascara look like falsies.

on 10/24/2010 1:22:00 AM

Well, it's good, but I'm still looking for a mascara primer that gives me more volume. I first used it when I received as a GWP and it was really good. Made my lashes look amazing even with crappy mascara as Maybelline's Great Lash (that's the definition of a good mascara primer!). Now I bought the full-sized product and I'm a little disappointed. While it does enhance your lashes, it isn't the almost-miracle product that I tried. I think I'll keep looking for a mascara base and probably won't buy this one again.