Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 12/12/2008 1:41:00 AM

always on the hunt for the perfect cleanser for my sensitive dry skin that suffers from eczema......this one is high on the list of favorites for sure! i use this in the evenings and it takes everything off usually in two tries. even my mascara comes off easily and i really coat those lashes .....for my morning routine i reach for my cetaphil cleanser...

I've been trying to find a good gentle but effective cleanser for ages. I used to use cetaphil, which after a while gave me weird red dry patches on my face. This product in conjuction with the other dermalogica products I bought is amazing!

on 10/22/2008 3:26:00 PM

I've used many many cleansers in the past, and although this is not perfect, it is probably the best one i have found (so far!). I have oily, sensitive skin prone to breakouts. Im now on my 2nd bottle of this stuff and i have definately noticed a difference in my skins complexion. It is much clearer than it was. This cleanser is very good for sensitive skin, it isn;t harsh at all. Although a bit pricey, I would say its worth it and it does last a long time becuase you only need to use a little. I would recommend this cleanser.

on 10/4/2008 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I am Asian and have very temperamental skin- sometimes combination oily sometimes dry, mostly sensitive and living in a tropical, humid climate. I've tried many cleansers to help with my skin condition + occasional breakouts here and there, but none of them works as good as this! This is recommended to me by my Dermalogica consultant as my daily cleanser.

The texture is gel-cream-like in consistency, doesn't lather and a little actually goes a long way in cleansing (Despite feeling that too little is too little and too much is a bit too much). Smells pretty good to me too. I use it to cleanse the areas around my eyes too and it doesn't sting. I can see a noticeable difference in my skin texture after cleansing- less open pores and redness, blemishes more soothed and calmed, and my skin doesn't feel taut or dry after cleansing. It's also not too rich and hydrating either to the point that skin looks greasy after a wash. Skin is supple, soft and calmed.

It doesn't remove makeup however, unless you're using light makeup. Initial wastage can also occur if you're not careful, as controlling how much to dispense especially when it's new has proven quite tricky to me.

Overall this is definitely recommended to those with temperamental, sensitive skin, although an appointment with a Dermalogica consultant is better. Would definitely repurchase as its a part of my daily skincare regiment.

on 10/1/2008 7:37:00 PM

I actually purchased another cleanser from Dermalogica however I had a phone consultation with a rep from the company and the consultant recommended Ultra Calming Cleanser since I am also using retinoids ........ since beginning retinoids I have had some products sting me (e.g. Cerave) however this cleanser does not and I noted that immediately since using this cleanser the redness on my face started clearing up ........ I use PreCleanse first and follow with Ultra Calming Cleanser and my face is clean and every stitch of makeup including heavy mascara is removed ..... this is a great gentle cleanser.

on 9/2/2008 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i keep returning to this product..i have used it on and off for the past few years and find it gentle enough for my incredibly sensitive skin. it is non drying and feels refreshing and light. strongly recommended. can be drying in the winter- then I recommend Bobbi Brown Rich Cream Cleanser

on 8/30/2008 9:34:00 PM

This is one of my favorite Dermalogica products. I've tried all of their cleansers and I really like this one the most. I tried it after getting a BAD case of prickly heat rash and I love that it is totally fragrance free, gentle enough that it doesn't make my eyes red, is non-foaming and leaves me clean but not too dry. It does NOT take off make-up, but I use either Boscia's cleansing oil first or I will use the ultra calming cleanser with my Clarisonic Brush (love this device) to remove my face make-up. I still need to use an eye make-up remover to get the last mascara and eye liner off though. I bought the largest size of this available and it has a pump bottle making dispensing easier. I'll probably repurchase this cleanser again but I might give Juice Beauty's organic facial cleanser (the new one) a try when this runs out. This is a good cleanser for sensitive, dry, or combo skin. I don't think it would be a good choice for truly oily skin as it doesn't foam or emulsify oil like the dermal clay cleanser or a foaming gel product. Not my HG cleanser but it's really high on the list.
EDIT: After using this product and repeatedly buying it for almost a year I have decided that this IS my HG cleanser. I can mix in anything I need to it - some exfoliator, my cleansing oil for make-up, even a clay-based mask - and it works beautifully to gently clean my face. A really good, basic cleanser that doesn't foam or have any frills - love it!

on 8/26/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is an amazing product for those with sensitive skin. it feels so calming and gentle on the skin, i love the feeling and the mild scent. the bottle lasts forever aswell. like similar products it does leave a bit of a residue but a little toner removes that. i dont think its that effective removing makeup especially long wear stuff like revlon colorstay so i team it with the precleanse and it works really well. now all i need to find is the perfect mosituriser that doesnt make me feel greasy but gives enough moisture and the solution to the stubborn blackheads on my nose and im sorted!

on 8/20/2008 5:17:00 PM

I can't believe how fantastic this stuff is. I have fair, English rose skin that was always fair and normal but then I over product-ed it and it started getting very sensitive - couldn't even tolerate water, and things like Avene ultra gentle cleanser even stung. Then I read the largely positive reviews on this site, but was still a little hesitant to try because of the lavender content (essential oils in the proportion used in Dr Hauschka, Decleor etc proved very irritant for me). But so many reviews were so glowing that I decided to try it - and my goodness it is incredible. Smells good, feels lovely. And so after two days use I thought I would even try it on my very sensitive eyes thinking it would definitely sting - but no, it didn't, not one jot - and this is some kind of miracle as to date I've only ever found one eye make up remover that didn't - Boots Skin Kindly now renamed Skin Expert, and also pure sweet almond oil.
So, I highly recommend this cleanser, couldn't recommend it more.
If you are sensitive, or just want a fantastic cleanser, try this.

on 7/30/2008 3:42:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle and got a lovely texture. My skin is sensitive and prone to break out, and this cleanser helps with both problems. It cleans my face really well, removing all make up, and dosen't irritate my skin at all. Would definitely buy it again when it runs out, although it's a bit pricey - it lasts a long time.