April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Ultra Calming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is an amazing product for those with sensitive skin. it feels so calming and gentle on the skin, i love the feeling and the mild scent. the bottle lasts forever aswell. like similar products it does leave a bit of a residue but a little toner removes that. i dont think its that effective removing makeup especially long wear stuff like revlon colorstay so i team it with the precleanse and it works really well. now all i need to find is the perfect mosituriser that doesnt make me feel greasy but gives enough moisture and the solution to the stubborn blackheads on my nose and im sorted!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by mbear55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe how fantastic this stuff is. I have fair, English rose skin that was always fair and normal but then I over product-ed it and it started getting very sensitive - couldn't even tolerate water, and things like Avene ultra gentle cleanser even stung. Then I read the largely positive reviews on this site, but was still a little hesitant to try because of the lavender content (essential oils in the proportion used in Dr Hauschka, Decleor etc proved very irritant for me). But so many reviews were so glowing that I decided to try it - and my goodness it is incredible. Smells good, feels lovely. And so after two days use I thought I would even try it on my very sensitive eyes thinking it would definitely sting - but no, it didn't, not one jot - and this is some kind of miracle as to date I've only ever found one eye make up remover that didn't - Boots Skin Kindly now renamed Skin Expert, and also pure sweet almond oil.
So, I highly recommend this cleanser, couldn't recommend it more.
If you are sensitive, or just want a fantastic cleanser, try this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Ajziz

I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle and got a lovely texture. My skin is sensitive and prone to break out, and this cleanser helps with both problems. It cleans my face really well, removing all make up, and dosen't irritate my skin at all. Would definitely buy it again when it runs out, although it's a bit pricey - it lasts a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by electricflor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As much as I tried to like this, it just didn't agree with my skin. This feels amazing when I put it on and take it off, it wasn't drying and my skin felt smooth and soft. However, after using this for about a week or two, it made my skin red and bumpy to the point that my mother even noticed.

I can see this working wonders for other people, but not me.
Which may be good, considering the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mariannetn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite Dermalogica cleanser. Its very gently and does a good job cleaning, it leaves the skin very soft. It soft of reminds me of a nicer smelling version of Cetaphil... except more expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by phoeb

This is awesome. I recently had a dried out disaster due to too many AHAs and BHAs and this completely soothed and calmed my skin. Will definitely repeurchase this. A great cleanser for winter, which calms acne and doesn't dry your skin out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LMNH

Good gentle cleanser, it didnt irritated my sensitive skin or made me break out (my skin clogs easily)
I would repurcase, but im looking for something else because even when i think its a good cleanser, i think some cheaper ones can do the job just as good, and because i already use to much money on skincare and haircare its just to much to spend for it when its not a miracle cleanser for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by casamia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is great as a morning cleanser, gentle and smooth for sensitive skin. I donot know if it really cleanses but I feel good using it. I recommend using the sponge cloth removing it from face. But, it definitely is not one for the night. surely will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2008 4:53:00 AM More reviews by kazay

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have sensitive & acne skin and this cleanser is really gentle on my skin. I think this is better than cetapil. But it does not remove your makeup. Hence, pls use a makeup remover eg. precleanse before this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Babsiegrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is very average. It cleanses and removes make up fine but is nothing special. Also it didn't cause any irritation, However considering the price, I would recommend a generic fragrance free drugstore alternative over this.