December 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Ultra Calming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually purchased another cleanser from Dermalogica however I had a phone consultation with a rep from the company and the consultant recommended Ultra Calming Cleanser since I am also using retinoids ........ since beginning retinoids I have had some products sting me (e.g. Cerave) however this cleanser does not and I noted that immediately since using this cleanser the redness on my face started clearing up ........ I use PreCleanse first and follow with Ultra Calming Cleanser and my face is clean and every stitch of makeup including heavy mascara is removed ..... this is a great gentle cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by pascale4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i keep returning to this product..i have used it on and off for the past few years and find it gentle enough for my incredibly sensitive skin. it is non drying and feels refreshing and light. strongly recommended. can be drying in the winter- then I recommend Bobbi Brown Rich Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by marcellewood

This is one of my favorite Dermalogica products. I've tried all of their cleansers and I really like this one the most. I tried it after getting a BAD case of prickly heat rash and I love that it is totally fragrance free, gentle enough that it doesn't make my eyes red, is non-foaming and leaves me clean but not too dry. It does NOT take off make-up, but I use either Boscia's cleansing oil first or I will use the ultra calming cleanser with my Clarisonic Brush (love this device) to remove my face make-up. I still need to use an eye make-up remover to get the last mascara and eye liner off though. I bought the largest size of this available and it has a pump bottle making dispensing easier. I'll probably repurchase this cleanser again but I might give Juice Beauty's organic facial cleanser (the new one) a try when this runs out. This is a good cleanser for sensitive, dry, or combo skin. I don't think it would be a good choice for truly oily skin as it doesn't foam or emulsify oil like the dermal clay cleanser or a foaming gel product. Not my HG cleanser but it's really high on the list.
EDIT: After using this product and repeatedly buying it for almost a year I have decided that this IS my HG cleanser. I can mix in anything I need to it - some exfoliator, my cleansing oil for make-up, even a clay-based mask - and it works beautifully to gently clean my face. A really good, basic cleanser that doesn't foam or have any frills - love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is an amazing product for those with sensitive skin. it feels so calming and gentle on the skin, i love the feeling and the mild scent. the bottle lasts forever aswell. like similar products it does leave a bit of a residue but a little toner removes that. i dont think its that effective removing makeup especially long wear stuff like revlon colorstay so i team it with the precleanse and it works really well. now all i need to find is the perfect mosituriser that doesnt make me feel greasy but gives enough moisture and the solution to the stubborn blackheads on my nose and im sorted!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by mbear55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe how fantastic this stuff is. I have fair, English rose skin that was always fair and normal but then I over product-ed it and it started getting very sensitive - couldn't even tolerate water, and things like Avene ultra gentle cleanser even stung. Then I read the largely positive reviews on this site, but was still a little hesitant to try because of the lavender content (essential oils in the proportion used in Dr Hauschka, Decleor etc proved very irritant for me). But so many reviews were so glowing that I decided to try it - and my goodness it is incredible. Smells good, feels lovely. And so after two days use I thought I would even try it on my very sensitive eyes thinking it would definitely sting - but no, it didn't, not one jot - and this is some kind of miracle as to date I've only ever found one eye make up remover that didn't - Boots Skin Kindly now renamed Skin Expert, and also pure sweet almond oil.
So, I highly recommend this cleanser, couldn't recommend it more.
If you are sensitive, or just want a fantastic cleanser, try this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Ajziz

I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle and got a lovely texture. My skin is sensitive and prone to break out, and this cleanser helps with both problems. It cleans my face really well, removing all make up, and dosen't irritate my skin at all. Would definitely buy it again when it runs out, although it's a bit pricey - it lasts a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by electricflor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As much as I tried to like this, it just didn't agree with my skin. This feels amazing when I put it on and take it off, it wasn't drying and my skin felt smooth and soft. However, after using this for about a week or two, it made my skin red and bumpy to the point that my mother even noticed.

I can see this working wonders for other people, but not me.
Which may be good, considering the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mariannetn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite Dermalogica cleanser. Its very gently and does a good job cleaning, it leaves the skin very soft. It soft of reminds me of a nicer smelling version of Cetaphil... except more expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by phoeb

This is awesome. I recently had a dried out disaster due to too many AHAs and BHAs and this completely soothed and calmed my skin. Will definitely repeurchase this. A great cleanser for winter, which calms acne and doesn't dry your skin out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LMNH

Good gentle cleanser, it didnt irritated my sensitive skin or made me break out (my skin clogs easily)
I would repurcase, but im looking for something else because even when i think its a good cleanser, i think some cheaper ones can do the job just as good, and because i already use to much money on skincare and haircare its just to much to spend for it when its not a miracle cleanser for me.