July 24, 2014 | 1761 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

I use this brush every single day. It is perfect for applying color onto the eyelid. I use it for pigments or pressed shadows. I keep telling myself to buy an extra since I feel like i'm constantly cleaning this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

For such a long time, I debated about purchasing this brush. I've heard such great things about it but never bought it because I have so many similar brushes that work great but I have to admit it, the 239 Brush is great! I don't know what it is but it makes applying a shade so simple and easy to pack on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely worth the money. If you are trying to build up your M.A.C. brush collection, then this is one of their must-have brushes. I am unable to compare this brush to any other in its category. I had the Sigma version of this brush & it doesn't compare @ all. This brush will give the smoothest application on the lid. It won't ever "trip-up" over the lid, just an effortless glide. I am also able to obtain much more control of my shadow application, & I have also noticed a significant decrease in shadow "fall-out" whenever I use this brush. Of course I do have other "back-up" brushes for this one, but this is definitely my favorite brush for applying/packing shadow onto my lid. It's expensive but I'm glad that I invested in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by tonifrancisca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush and the "go-to" brush when I'm on holiday and refuse to bring the whole entire collection of brushes. This is a multi-functional brush and pretty versatile.

Don't think I'll be re-purchasing this as MAC brushes are long lasting and of optimum quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by elphaba98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well...I'm another lover of the fabulous 239 brush!! At around 30 dollars Canadian ($29.50 to be exact) it is expensive, but so worth it. I love how it feels in your hand...the firmness of the bristles...you have complete control. It also washes up beautifully...so far no staining!

Yes, I would definitely buy this again if I needed to, but right now there are a couple of other MAC brushes out there with my name on them! :-)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I've been using the 239 shader brush for about 3 weeks now. I purchased this at the same time as the 217 blender brush, and the 217 overshadowed it for a while, I just couldn't get into the 239 for some reason. That was until I watched EnKore youtube video on the shader brush:

He opened my eyes to how useful this little brush can be! Now I can do an entire look with the 239! I can't claim it as HG yet as I've only tried out a couple a shader brushes, but I get the feeling that it is going to be HG.

I said I'd repurchase, because I think it would be worth having 2 or 3 in my arsenal (personally anyway) when I'm working with lots of colours but at the moment I'll use a bit of MAC brush cleanser to wipe away the excess eyeshadow without making the brush too damp.

Other points: I really notice a difference in application of colours and how bright or true they look, especially with EnKore's tips. The brush is easy to clean compared to some other shader brushes (ahem, ecotools). It also dries quite quickly too. The handle is really nice to hold and the brush feels balanced in my hand. Basically I only have good things to say about this brush!

Oh, one last thing, make sure you get some brush cleanser to extend the life of your brushes! These don't come cheap after all...

But yes, my love for the MAC 239 is growing with each time I reach for it

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Dayday00

(I probably never buy this brush again, only because it'll probably last me forever)
So. I'm in love with this brush. I have a PLENTY of brushes, but I can live only with this one and the 217.
The 239 is perfect for applying colors to the lid, applying highlight color, inner corner color and also for applying color to the lower lash line!
It's soft, and the bristles are dense..
Must.have.brush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I waited so long to buy this brush. It's a great size for applying lid colours! I have to play around with it a bit more to find all of its uses but so far, a great lid brush! Worth it just for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ggarcia

I love this brush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its great for pressing on the color on the lid and also can serve as a blender if you use the right technique. This is one of those brushes that is multi-functional. The price is a little high, but that is just MAC, but these are brushes that will last a life time if you know how to take care of them Definitely, i would buy it again if i was to loose it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

This is a great brush. It packs on color well and even does a good job at blending. To me, there aren't any downsides.