November 22, 2014 | 2069 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Glimmersticks eye liner

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by doriseses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the black and cosmic brown. Both colors are pigmented and go on very smoothly without any tugging. It's a very creamy liner! But if you want to use this on your waterline, look elsewhere! This does NOT stay on the waterline at all and if you put it on your lower lash line, it'll smudge by the end of the day. It's great for the lids though.
I don't like that when I'm applying it, sometimes it twists the liner back down into the tube...And it's not really "self-sharpening", but you can still get a thin line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

At first I thought this was very similar to Revlon Colorstay, however, it smeared quite badly in comparison. Yes, every liner smears, but this one had very low staying power compared to similar priced liners. I would buy either Almay or Revlon instead of this. Or splurge on more expensive products. Overall not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by TheJoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are great products. I have a couple colours of them now. not having to sharpen them is great! It takes away some of the mess and fuss. They go on like a dream smooth with no tugging. I do find that they will smudge though so I have to set them with powder or else they magically end up in my crease. Not pretty. It works out though because they have quickly become my favourite liners for doing smokey eyes because they blend really well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought a bunch and regretted buying them. They're waxy and hard to apply and the packaging is bad for the environment. It goes on light. To get a true colour you really have to stab your lids. I much prefer annabelle kohl liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by anjel89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I buy the Glimmersticks in the waterproof and I swear by it. it stays put ALL day (and night) and it goes on super smoothly. it's very inexspensive too. I love it! I will sometimes use a liquid liner, but when I'm just lining my lashes to make them thicker, I couldn't ask for a better product. I have tried many brands of eyeliner and I am most satisfied with this one!! but I do recomend to get the waterproof version...something that will hold up to sweat and oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i can usually buy these eyeliners 3 for $10, so i cant really complain. i found ( after the many i have bought over time) that the odd eyeliner is VERY dry and hardly works on my eyes. it almost comes out grey on my eyes.. but then i will open a new one and it will work perfectly fine. i also find that when i lean against my boyfriend, i always leave a streak of eyeliner on his sweater or arm! ha it rubs off so fast. but i keep buying it because of the amazing price and they dont require a sharpener!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by JV1311

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To me, this eyeliner is second only to Bourjois. I have the waterproof in black, brown, aubergine, black diamond (the one with a bit of sparkle), and bronze. It glides on well, and doesn't smudge, but it doesn't last as long as the Bourjois one does. With the black specifically it is like, I start out as black, and some 3-4h later I have more of a slate grey tone going on - which is fine, but I'd definitely not wanna wear it to a wedding or any other occasion where I'd want to look the same all night long.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by avocadobutter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a gift, in Blackest Black. It is waterproof.
It tugs the skin a bit. However my main problem is that it made my eyes itch like crazy. I obviously had an allergic reaction to something in it :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by laurendahlia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this eyeliner when my die-hard Avon friend recommended it to me. I was pretty disappointed. It glides on pretty smooth, which is a plus, but it smudges easily and fades a lot throughout the day. The staying power is just bad. It looks good right after you apply it, but goes downhill soon afterwards. I got it in brown, and I do like the color...I just wish it lasted longer! I've never been a big fan of Avon products, and after using this eyeliner (among a couple other products) I still don't really like their makeup. Not impressed! I'll stick with my Revlon eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

Quite surprised how well this works! I've tried various Avon make up in the past and have not been impressed by any before. It's long lasting, the black is true and it's easy to apply, even tightlining. It's quite soft so you don't feel you're dragging your skin but it stays put without having to let it set. Very good. Already bought more to share with others. Edit: Have had to remove 1 lippie. Found out not all the Glimmersticks are the same! The first one I bought was a limited edition one in Black Stripe, I think. The one with the gold pattern on the packaging. The normal ones don't seem to hold up nearly as well.