Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

on 6/15/2010 4:07:00 PM

This eyeliner is amazing in my opinion, I have this one in brown. It was easy to apply, lasted really long. One thing I really liked about it was that it was retractable and glides on your lids very smoothly.
Just a great eyeliner.

on 5/28/2010 1:38:00 AM

I have this in Sugar Plum, (pinky-purple) and I wasn't really expecting good colour but it was vibrant and sparkly, looks amazing on. Only trouble is that it can gather in the crease after a while, but that's easily fixable.

on 5/14/2010 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This eyeliner isn't very pigmented so it took a while for the colour to come. If you have oily lids this product creases and doesn't last long. i tried it on my waterline but it didn't work. The price was really cheap but the quality was awful. What i liked was the packaging because all you have to do is twist it and it comes up plus it comes with a cap.

on 5/14/2010 3:45:00 PM

These are okay- I usually love Avon products- purchased 3 of these in the Emerald Glow (dark green), Smoky Diamond (gunmetal grey), & Sugar Plum (dark purple). I don't think these are very pigmented at all actually- they are creamy & easy to apply, but I can barely make the color distinction once applied. They also do not hold up on my oily skin, especially on my lower lash line- I've tried all 3 colors now, applying in the morning before work, then by lunch they're practically gone! They don't run, which is good, but they're just.....meh. Not a horrible product if you're looking for lighter color/a more "natural" look, but I like my eyeliner to really show up, especially when I'm wearing fun colors. Otherwise, what's the point? Might as well grab my brown liner instead. I'll probably use these as emergency back-ups or give them away. Will not repurchase, but would be willing to try other/updated versions of these, as I love Avon & I think these could be improved.

on 5/13/2010 4:05:00 PM

This liner has decent staying power - better than Revlon Colorstay but not as good as Styli Style.

on 5/4/2010 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in the black and cosmic brown. Both colors are pigmented and go on very smoothly without any tugging. It's a very creamy liner! But if you want to use this on your waterline, look elsewhere! This does NOT stay on the waterline at all and if you put it on your lower lash line, it'll smudge by the end of the day. It's great for the lids though.
I don't like that when I'm applying it, sometimes it twists the liner back down into the tube...And it's not really "self-sharpening", but you can still get a thin line.

on 5/3/2010 5:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

At first I thought this was very similar to Revlon Colorstay, however, it smeared quite badly in comparison. Yes, every liner smears, but this one had very low staying power compared to similar priced liners. I would buy either Almay or Revlon instead of this. Or splurge on more expensive products. Overall not impressed.

on 4/26/2010 11:08:00 PM

These are great products. I have a couple colours of them now. not having to sharpen them is great! It takes away some of the mess and fuss. They go on like a dream smooth with no tugging. I do find that they will smudge though so I have to set them with powder or else they magically end up in my crease. Not pretty. It works out though because they have quickly become my favourite liners for doing smokey eyes because they blend really well.

on 4/11/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought a bunch and regretted buying them. They're waxy and hard to apply and the packaging is bad for the environment. It goes on light. To get a true colour you really have to stab your lids. I much prefer annabelle kohl liners.

on 4/11/2010 1:41:00 PM

I buy the Glimmersticks in the waterproof and I swear by it. it stays put ALL day (and night) and it goes on super smoothly. it's very inexspensive too. I love it! I will sometimes use a liquid liner, but when I'm just lining my lashes to make them thicker, I couldn't ask for a better product. I have tried many brands of eyeliner and I am most satisfied with this one!! but I do recomend to get the waterproof version...something that will hold up to sweat and oil.