April 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Treatments - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by xMadHatterx

I loved this when it first came about, but now, I regret it so bad. It worked great for when you are hitting puberty and just want to get rid of the black heads FAST, but as you continuously use this product, it will have a side effect. It will enlarge your pores each and every time you use it. Now my blackheads on my nose will NOT stick on the strip and they are more noticeable then ever. The only way I can get rid of them now is by using the blackhead removal tool (which hurts like bloody hell) just trying to remove those clogged pores now. I have always expholiated my skin as well as washed it with a cleanser in the morning and at night before I go to bed to wash away the impurities or outside pollution particles.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by OnlyLex20

These things are great! I'll be buying a new box soon! I've always been very prone to blackheads, especially on my nose and chin. These strips pull them right out, leave my skin tingly fresh, and make my pores look smaller. Though the strips don't remove ALL of the blackheads at once, more and more are removed with each use. An exfoliating scrub beforehand seems to improve their performance. My skin is sensitive, and I won't lie: peeling them off can be a little painful! However, if you can handle tweezing or waxing facial hair, then you should be able to handle this . The results are definitely worth the pain and the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by LivvyRose94

I do buy this regularly, but I need to try something else. However, these hurt to pull off (I do follow instructions clearly) and don't remove the blackheads on my nose, and the face strips don't even touch the ones on my chin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by hanryou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

For its price, I think it's doing a pretty good job. The critical part is to wet your nose THOROUGHLY - meaning, not just splashing water but actually making it wet like you just came out of the shower. As for the effectiveness, it's good as I can see the gunk on the entire strip after taking it out but they're mostly small/little. Not sure if my nose is not dirty enough or the strip is not effective enough lol. It leaves an itchy feeling after usage for about 2-3 hours though but it's bearable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I used these, both this brand and generic, on and off for years. It does what it claims to do. I battled blacheads on my nose since the 6th grade and while this worked, they always came back. As I've gotten older and developed much drier, more sensitive skin, these became too harsh for me to use. I looked for and found an alternative to clear the pores on my nose. I read on the skin care board how oils dissolve oils and since I had Extra Virgin Olive Oil on hand, gave that a try. I massaged it in for 2-3 minutes a few nights in a row and all the blackheads were gone. No squeezing, no pulling on my skin. That was 3 yrs ago and no recurrence. It does not have the same "hey pores I'm gonna annihilate what's in ya then view and gloat over my conquests," kind of feeling these strips have, but my now older, very dry skin could no longer tolerate these. I'm giving this a 3 as it mostly does what it says but in general, even for younger oily skinned gals, I think there are alternative methods that work better for less money and are not as harsh on the skin. You really can get rid of blackheads on a more permanent basis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

The price of these things sure adds up...personally, I get the pack for nose and forehead, since I can just use the forehead ones on my nose, too. That helps me save on these. I compleately LOVE these. My nose used to have so many blackheads and it was just awful. One day I finally decided to try these, and I hated them at first. HATED them. In fact, I was going to write a negative review on them when I saw some people on here saying you can't just splash your nose with water, but you have to literally SOAK it untill it's dripping, then put it on. Also, and this is kinda a no brainer, I use steaming hot water when I soak my nose, Sometimes, if I see a bad bout of blackheads popping up, I do a steam facial before using this. Anyway, once you put the actual strips on, wait for it to become paper mache like, then slowly peel it off. If you're like me and don't use enough water on your nose, then it will hurt like crap to rip these babies off. But seriously, I love these, and credit my backhead free nose to these. I will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by bonitasonia

I LOVE THIS!! I have been using this for over 5 years to fight blackheads on my nose. I can't believe how much crap and gunk is in my nose. Follow the directions carefully. It says to wet your nose and then place the stip on it. I tend to use my fingers to continue to have this hang on to my skin on the nose until it gets hard. I especially hold this on the corner between your nosetrils and your actualy cheek area. . I think that because I am breathing it tends to get lose and doesn't take all the crap out of my pores. I don't have to do this when I do my forehead or chin. Then you wait for it to get hard..usually 5-7 minutes and then with a slight tug peal it away!! And there goes all the crap that even with my daily skincare cleansing/treatment it's till cloggs up!! I use this about 2x a week and more in the summer when I tend to sweat a little more. Yes they are expensive at the drugstore but try ebay and they are dirt cheap!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by SkinFanatic14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While this product did not completely clear away all of my blackheads on my nose it did a pretty good job at getting the 'gunk' out. It is somewhat intriguing to look at what is left on the strip afterwards, which is mostly blackheads and tiny hairs. I usually use this product about once a week to get a deep clean that my cleanser cannot do. Overall I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Jocelyn90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a couple of years now. The instructions of the package advise one to use it periodically, leaving at least 3-4 days in between each use. I use it every week for best results right after I've showered. I will dry my body, but dap my face dry leaving out the area where I want to stick the strip on. The strips works best on enlarged pores and wet skin. (If you're using this in winter, it's best to wash you face with warm water before using this to open up your pores). After sticking it onto your nose & cheeks, gently press it down with DRY fingers and make sure the areas where you want to get rid of the white/blackheads adhered well. Depending on the climate you live in, remove it only when it feels a little hard and dry. Try moving your nose with the strip on it, if it feels tight you can remove it. I feel that the strip works best in removing 80% of the dirt when it is slightly dry. I've tried following the instructions on the packaging and remove them after 15-20mins but as I live in Singapore, it's more humid and the strip was still wet and ineffective. After removing, wash your face with lukewarm water before continuing with your daily skincare regime (toner, serum, moisturizer etc). I use to have blackhead issues but they're gone now so I tackle the whitehead issue with this strip. I've heard of how some reviews advise against removing whiteheads because they claim doing so leads to more sebum and whitehead production but I guess it depends on the individual. For me, my nose actually feels less oily after I've used the strips to remove the whiteheads clogging up my pores.. but this usually lasts until they build up again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by cindytruongg

i have a lot of pores around my nose and around my cheeks,so i bought this product in hopes of making my pores look less visible. I bought this at my local supermarket in the beauty alley. It was on sale around $4.80 for a box of 6, but rrp is approximately $7. It's quick and easy to use, I could see the results after I peeled the strip off my nose, LOL it's quite disgusting but interesting looking at all the gunk that has been lying under my nose ..
Definitely recommend buying this!