July 31, 2014 | 1033 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by haneuli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the nose strips since they first came out. I don't use them very often, maybe about 2-3 weeks or so? I've gone as long as three months between use, but it's only because I forget to use them...

The strips work very well to remove blackheads (which appear when I've been lax about using the strips for longer than a month). The trick, as mentioned previously by other MUA lovelies, is to completely wet your nose. The strips work best after a shower + exfoliation + dripping wet nose (preferably warm/hot water to loosen the crap on your nose). I cleanse and exfoliate with Olay Daily Facial Cloths for Sensitive Skin nightly. Remember to let the strip dry completely hard before carefully peeling from the sides, working toward the middle. I find strange comfort in examining the gunk on the strip afterwards, knowing that crap is no longer on me. :) I'm not sure what kind of effect the nose strips have on my pores... I don't know if they would be larger with or without using the strips. I have not used the baking soda trick that others have mentioned, because I have so far not needed to. In any case, I will keep using them. They are a staple in my skin care regimen.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by maddance713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first used this when I got a free sample from my Seventeen magazine a few years ago. I had heard a lot about them and was really excited to get rid of all my blackheads, but when time came for me to peel it off, nothing happened. It stung really bad while I pulled it off and I didn't see ANY blackheads on the strip. I thought maybe it was just a first use kind of thing, so I went to the drugstore to pick up a pack. I went through all of them and absolutely no results. They always left my nose red and raw. I would not recommend them to anyone and I don't plan of ever buying them again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok so alone, I dont think this product is very effective at removing blackheads. When I used as instructed, it didn't take all of them off. So I found that using the mixture of baking soda and warm water, soaking cotton pads in that mixture and soaking my nose with it for 10 minutes loosens the blackheads up. When wetting my nose, I use that mixture and that really helps the strip stick to my nose. This is method is more effective for me.

Took a lippie off because I have to do extra steps for it to work better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lex16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love these, so cheap and always effective for me. I use once a week and always get a good amount of gunk up. I know my bf and sister have mixed results so maybe they dont work for everyone. I have used for some years, maybe 5 years, with no adverse side effects. My nose always feels so clean and tingly and empty after using one. I get gross thrills out of looking at all that crap that is now out of my face too haha:)
They dont work on my chin unfortunatley, just my nose, and always get the most stuff out of the sides, but any kind of removal of congestion is better than none to me. They are so cheap too, like $10AUD for a pack of 10. I use the chin ones on my nose too, work exactly the same. People here must have crazy expectations of what's 'cheap'. Heard of la praire anyone jeesh

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by mayvalentine100

I use this strips regularly, once or twice a week to cleanse my pores. These strips only seem to work where pores are visible i.e if I use them near my jaw line nothing will come up. :[ So I can only use the ones for my nose or really near that area. It is really effective in pulling up all the gunk and it is so cool to look at! :D And it helps in that it reduces the amount of acne I get on and near my nose, but it sucks for me that that's the only area it works in.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by kianacarly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember buying these and liking them as a pre-teen, and I still have some noticeable blackhead issues so I bought them again. The first time, it kind of worked, but my nose looked exactly the same as before, even though there was some stuff on the strip. The next time I used it, nothing even came up. The first strip slightly helped the ones on the side of my nose, but that's it. Waste of money. Only upside was that I didn't experience some of the pain that others seem to have when peeling it off.

edit: to increase their effectiveness I found steaming my face beforehand helps, but it still didn't make enough of a difference to make me want to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by zoekay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so disappointed with this product. I was expecting great results since their pore unclogging scrub is fantastic, but nothing! It did absolutely nothing for my pores and it was a waste of ten dollars.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by hkgrl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using these off and on for several years, and every time I'm amazed by how well they work. I recently stopped using them for several months, and instead focused on using AHA and BHA products to exfoliate and clean my pores. Then I came across a half-used box of these in the bottom of my drawer, and decided to try it again. The result was great -- little bits of gunk were pulled out, as well as a couple of blackheads. I guess I need to use stronger BHA formulations for my nose area :P. I have combination / oily skin with visible pores on my nose. After cleansing my face, I leave it dripping wet, and place the strip on my nose, smoothing it down. I wait for it to dry -- it has to feel stiff, almost hard -- before peeling it off from both sides. I then wash off any residue with water. It does leave a slight stinging sensation, but only for a few minutes. I apply my BHA gel afterwards, and there is no stinging at all. I will probably use this every 2 weeks as a deep cleaning.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by acamirand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

wow...this is what i call stealing people's money!!! i tried the product when it came out in the late 1990s early 200s. i got two samples of it in the mail months ago and i wasn't going to used them, but i just read the review here and i tought: no way they haven't ameliorated this product since! well let me tell you... i WAS crap and it still IS. not only did it take like half and hour for it to dry (the packaging said 15 min approx) but it just...did not remove anything! nor did my nose seemed cleaner or my pores less visible. anyways, we all know that there's no way to shrink pores. so don't bother buying it, really...unless you're in for a major disappointment and 10$ less in your bank account.

bottom line: THERE'S NO MAGiC PRODUCT! even those ''blackhead removing cleansers'' won't take them off. the only was is to go with what god gave you, your fingers ;) and that's FREE :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

It is a very cool concept and extremely convenient but it really didn't work for me at all. I would put it over a blackhead in hopes that it would help remove it and it just wouldn't work :(