July 23, 2014 | 1258 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Lucciole

hmmm..I don't know how to comment it.
When I start to use it, it is really good. cheap, clean, effective. Thought there is 14% alcohol, but it is not so harsh for my skin.
I think it is the best choice of toner in summer.
When winter comes, my skin becomes much more sensitive than before. I still use it. BUT negative effects come. My skin starts peeling, esp my cheeks. When applying this toner, my cheeks burn.
I know it is not its fault because there is really 14% alcohol. I think I ought to avoid product which contain alcohol in winter.
So in summer I will re-buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only toner I use. I use it after I wash my face and it removes any leftover residue. I use it during the day when my face gets oily. It really gets my face clean preventing breakouts. when I first started using it I couldn't stand the smell but now I've gotten used to it. I use a cotton ball or a cotton round. one bottle lasts me about 3-4 months and I use it twice a day

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by aprilcatrine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you have combination/oily/acne prone skin, I think this toner would be great for you! It definitely helped my skin, it reduced redness and I think it also may have helped with my acne, it's not expensive either, so if it doesn't work for your skin it's not like you spent a ton of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by oracle1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG face product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by sam740

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had this product in my cabinet on and off for years, as my husband loves it for razor burn and I find it really helpful in relieving hair removal-related irritation on my legs and bikini line. I was suffering a really bad breakout and, because witch hazel is anti-inflammatory, thought it would be a good idea to help treat my acne. I dabbed it all over the affected areas and went to bed, waking up to a much worse situation in the morning. I thought I had found my HG toner!! It tightened my pores, reduced redness almost instantly, and left my skin smooth and taut.

I continued using it regularly for two weeks, and that's when the problems started. I generally have really clear skin, other than the occasional terrible reactive breakout (I'm a product junkie, and my face is my testing ground). After having great results for two weeks using witch hazel, I started to get red splotches all over my face, and then broke out in rash-like bumps all over my cheeks and chin - which is where I had been concentrating the witch hazel. i tried dabbing more witch hazel to reduce the irritation, which worked for a few minutes, and then left my skin even more inflamed than before.

It turns out that the 14% alcohol content and the high tannin level of witch hazel can actually be really irritiating to skin after regular use - something I definitely found. So while I find it ok for occasional use to treat razor burn or a zit here and there, I definitely don't recommend it for daily use. I'm still trying to recover from the angry, red, dry, irritated state witch hazel left my skin in! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this product way back when I was in highschool and I'm not sure why I stopped! Possibly the smell! But I just started using it again and I'm loving it. It's fantastic for oily skin. Leaves you feeling fresh and bright and I believe it does keep the zits at bay. Skin looks tight and shiny afterwards which some people don't like but I recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This is a good & cheap toner for oily skin all over! For years, I've struggled with the embarrassment of acne on my chest and back, and tried many remedies to cure it (vinegar, salacylic acid, exfoliating, benzoyl peroxide etc). Nothing has made a difference like Witch Hazel. My review is solely based on my experience applying it with a cotton round to my back and chest every night for the past year. The breakouts are gone and I'm so happy with my clear skin. The only gripe I have is the smell- it reeks of alcohol, but dissipates after a few minutes. I've tried this HG on my face too, but found it drying. If anyone out there is struggling with "bacne" or unsightly blemishes on their body, I suggest you try this miracle product NOW!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by serines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It is the best thing ever. My face is so much clearer after using it. I would buy it again and again, unless I try a different, more pure brand. This one has alcohol, I know that alcohol is drying. It'll leave my skin a little flaky if I go too long without moisturizer. But other than that, this is an amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by cheljo01

Just bought this yesterday and have used it 3 times (last night, this morning, and tonight.) I love this stuff! It works soo well as a toner. Doesn't make my face itch or breakout worse. It took most of the inflammation out of the few cystic acne spots along my jawline/chin. There's virtually no bumps. The alcohol in this is very little and just enough to dry out the areas that need it. I really do love this stuff, it is awesome! The smell is pretty horrid, but it doesn't last long at all. I will definitely buy this again. I'm so glad I found it!
EDIT 1/20/2013: So I've been using for about a week or so now. 2x daily. I frickin' love this stuff!!!! It really makes my face feel so clean after my shower or exfoliating. I have noticed that on my nose, where the blackheads congregate and form an alliance to annoy me the most for many years since puberty, they are shrinking!! The folds of my nose where my nostrils are have been drying out due to exfoliating and this and so it's peeling a bit, but i just smack some moisturizer on it and it's good to go. It's definitely helping those pesky blackheads and enlarged pores. I can see how this whole new exfoliating and toner stuff is making my skin rejuvenate itself the proper way. Again, smell is gross and horrible, but it doesn't last long and you get used to it. YES YES YES, will buy again whenever I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Im so glad i've discovered this witch hazel.I have sensitive,acne prone skin.I use this at night after my neutrogena makeup wipes,and it takes off every speck of makeup.It deep cleans,evens out skin tone and reduces inflammation.It's very mild and I've also been using it on my BF who gets cystic acne,and have seen visible reduction on the cysts.I use dior comfort creme moisturizer and my skin feels supple and toned.I would highly recommend this!