September 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ecmoore08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I use this daily. I usually remove all my makeup, cleanse my face with Olay total effects nourishing cream cleanser, then use this all over my face and neck, then I apply a moisturizer. My skin is clean and and I haven't had a pimple since I've been using it with my skin care regimen. My skin is combo oily and dry. This doesn't dry out the dry spots on my face and definitely helps control the oil on my face. Love love it and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

I've heard so much about Witch Hazel, even before noticing that they sell it across the shelves in Australian grocers ! If you have an eye for detail, you'll notice it's one of the main ingredients in many skincare products (especially the ones targeted towards acne prone skin).

At 250ml for merely AUD 5, there really isn't much to contemplate about. And I'm glad I made the purchase. It pretty much works like any other toner that I've used before except that it does come with a scent that takes some getting used to. The good news is the scent does not linger on.

It's extremely gentle and does not dry out the skin, despite containing 14% of alcohol as indicated on the packaging of the bottle. I think Witch Hazel is amazing for calming down inf lammed skin. As a quick pimple treatment, I soak a cotton pad with this product and leave it onto the affected area for about 5 minutes. It does calm the skin down, and you'll notice that your pimple seems less inflamed in the next couple days.

I highly recommend this toner...for the price, and the things it delivers, you really get the biggest bang for your buck !

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by CandyCrystals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The 14% alcohol that this product contains was WAY TOO HARSH for my face as a toner & I don't really have sensitive skin. I can use products with witch hazel in the ingredients but not witch hazel straight up by itself.

I don't really get hurt except for minor scratches or paper cuts and whatnot so I have no use for this product as a cleaning agent. It is useless for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Codyshoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing and simple!! I have only been using this witch hazel for 3 months and just from using this every night after exfoliating, I am not wearing as much make up as I used to my skin just feels good and looks clear!! The smell can get you for the first few times of use but i am completely immune to it now! I would recommend to anyone!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a ok toner. I don't fell like it does anything to my skin. I also hate the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this on my skin since I was a teenager.
As a teenager, I used this on my oily skin as a gentle but effective astringent (Sea Breeze was often too harsh to use all over my face and I hated the sticky residue Sea Breeze left behind).
Now that I am in my 30s, my skin (on my face at least) is normal (no excessive oil and no excessive dryness). I use this now as a toning cleanser.
STEP 1: I use a baby wipe to remove most of my makeup.
STEP 2: I follow up with coconut oil to remove any residual eye makeup.
STEP 3: I use witch hazel (sometimes mixed with equal parts of more expensive toners, like Organix's Teatree Willow Bark Oil Control Toner).
STEP 4: I sometimes use a mix of grapeseed oil, tea tree oil, and lavender oil first and then follow up with witch hazel as a toner. Other times, I use the witch hazel first and then use the oil mixture second to allow for the oils to really sink into the skin. Sometimes I use witch hazel only! It all depends on my mood, how my skin feels, and if I am leaving the house (and putting on makeup) or staying home.
I used to be embarrassed to admit that I sometimes just used a baby wipe and witch hazel to clean my face. But I have just come to realize that witch hazel not only tightens pores, but it cleans, too! It has worked for me for many years and I get many compliments on my skin. It has never, ever dried my skin (unlike other cleansers and toners). This is a staple. It stinks (it has a woody-herbal scent that does not linger), but it's a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I don't use it every day, but I do use it to degrease occasionally, and treat acne. I have highly reactive skin, and have not had any problems.
I have tried other toners, all of which were more expensive, but this one is the keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Hippiejazzie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product to use as toner/cleanser. I keeps my acne at bay and doesn't dry out my skin. I use this once daily with quilted cotton pads.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Lucciole

hmmm..I don't know how to comment it.
When I start to use it, it is really good. cheap, clean, effective. Thought there is 14% alcohol, but it is not so harsh for my skin.
I think it is the best choice of toner in summer.
When winter comes, my skin becomes much more sensitive than before. I still use it. BUT negative effects come. My skin starts peeling, esp my cheeks. When applying this toner, my cheeks burn.
I know it is not its fault because there is really 14% alcohol. I think I ought to avoid product which contain alcohol in winter.
So in summer I will re-buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only toner I use. I use it after I wash my face and it removes any leftover residue. I use it during the day when my face gets oily. It really gets my face clean preventing breakouts. when I first started using it I couldn't stand the smell but now I've gotten used to it. I use a cotton ball or a cotton round. one bottle lasts me about 3-4 months and I use it twice a day