Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 2/20/2013 4:07:00 PM

Very very moisturizing eye cream. I was experiencing extreme dryness around my eyes this winter and this saved me. I tried layering eye creams and oils at night and tried eye serums along with eye creams. While it didn't increase the number of fine lines that I was developing, the dryness didn't go away. But this product saved the dryness in my eye area. I noticed a lot of reviews that this product is hard to blend in, and I agree. But this product doesn't need to be blended, and I don't think it is formulated for blending. I dot on quite a lot of the product around my eye areas, leave it on for like 10 seconds and then lightly tab in into the skin. Within 5 seconds of tabbing, the thick creamy formula changes the texture into something watery that keeps the eye area very hydrated. It leaves a thing layer of the product, but it is not irritating or oily. II sometimes put some oil on top at night. In morning time, it helps the eye make up goes smoother as well. Yet, I wouldn't give a full five star, cuz it didn't improve the amount of fine lines I see on my eyes. It is still there, but less noticeable due to the hydration it provides though.

on 2/15/2013 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 3

Price: 2 ($35/0.5 oz)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry to bring down the ratings guys, but hear me out. I am new to Kiehl's, but I am so far in love with the brand. I got a sample of the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado to try out when I bought the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion (love this! Buy it!) and I thought it would be a great replacement for my beloved Clinique All About Eyes Rich, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Packaging:

Packaging isn't a huge factor for me, so I don't care that it's in a plain looking white tub; very standard looking. All eye creams are packaged this way.

Performance:

Ok, so here's where this cream baffles me. I LOVE the texture; it's smooth, creamy, but spreads easily, so it's quick to apply. Upon first contact, the cream feels very rich and it absorbs quick, maybe about 3 mins and then eye makeup application can commence. I initially found that it hydrated my under eye area decently (much like Clinique All About Eyes Rich), but when I got to about halfway through my day (I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital) I noticed my under eye area starts to feel dry. At the end of my shift when I get home, my eyes definitely look dry.

I normally have oily skin, and the under eye area is probably the ONE dry area I have, so I need to have a cream that hydrates. I tried to play around with it, like applying more, but I always found that the moisture didn't last.

So, all that said and done, I love Kiehl's, but I just didn't love this eye cream, so I'm going to have to take a pass.

Well I'm a little bummed out MUA. I got this based on the good reviews here! Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

It didn't blend in properly. It was just so thick that it wouldn't spread. It also didn't hydrate much and it somehow caused a zit under my eye. That's a first. This is not a repurchase for me.

on 1/29/2013 8:32:00 PM

I have some little, almost invisible, bumps on my dark circles under my eyes and they are bothering me. I heard of this product from a friend, who says it's great so I thought I should give it a try. It turned out pretty good! I have been using it for around a week and i can feel the skin around my eyes smoother and the bumps are gradually disappearing. I have never used any other eye creams before but this one is doing a great job since my dark circles are going away too! I use it morning and night as the last step of my skincare. The only downside is that it is difficult to scoop out using the lid and I don't like my fingers going in and touching the whole thing. But I can still manage. Will definitely repurchase!!

on 1/27/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

don't think it does much for anti aging, but I like it for its richness.

on 1/19/2013 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I heard this product from Michelle Phan the youtube guru. I went to the kiehls store to get samples of it to try it out first to see if I would like it to actually purchase full size. The lady was generous and gave me a lot of samples. I put it in a container to use it for a long period of time. i really liked the consistency and smell of the cream. I especially like the formulation and how natural it is. Since I am still young I am only looking to hydrate my under eye. And this product did its job. Its unfortunate how expensive it is. Im using a different eye cream right now, but if I am unable to find any other cream to do the job, than this cream will suffice.

on 1/13/2013 10:42:00 PM

Not my PERFECT eye cream, but still the best I've used. I'm very particular about my eye cream and have used a wide variety of 'em, from drugstore to high-end including Olay, Shiseido, Lancome, etc. etc... So far, this is probably the best I've used in really brightening up the area around my eye and dealing with wrinkles. I don't have a ton of wrinkles, but I do notice some fine lines forming towards the inner part of my eyes. After applying this at night, I notice my eyes are brighter the next morning and my wrinkles have shrunk. It's great for night-time use, but not necessarily for day-time use as it's quite creamy and can leave my eye area feeling a bit greasy. I'm already oily to begin with, and using this does not fare well with eye makeup. Regardless, it's still a good product. I'm still on the lookout for the BEST of the BEST though.

on 1/9/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is a moisturizer and performs fairly well for this purpose. Other than that, it does not help with dark circles or fine lines. I do notice that the puffiness has decreased every morning when I wake up.

It keeps my eyes well hydrated through out the day as the winter here can be quite harsh and dry. I also put one layer on top of ANR eye serum every night to seal it in. Generally speaking it is quite good. The texture is creamy and does not get into my eyes at all.

The down side is the packaging since it is a jar. Also, for a simple moisturizer, I find the price to be a bit high. I will be looking for a product that also deals with dark circles once I finish this one off.

on 1/8/2013 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have abandoned every eye cream I have ever tried. They either aren't moisturizing enough or sting and give me terrible rashes. My eye area is bone dry and very eczema prone. For the longest time I was just using my facial moisturizer (Cerave) on my eyes because I was sick of trying eye creams. Then I tried this stuff. It is great. I use it 2x a day, and my eye area is hydrated. No rashes or stinging. I don't believe in miracle skin products that are supposed to do all this wonderful stuff. This eye cream is not going to work miracles, but it does moisturize really well and is reasonably priced. Good enough for me.

on 12/27/2012 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this product because I needed any moisturising eye cream and thought to give this one a try.

It doesn't claim to reduce wrinkles or reduce dark circles. The only claim it has is to be moisturising. I think it works great as a general eye are moisturiser. I don't really notice the texture as much, it sits and melts into the skin nicely and is non greasy.

Since using it, my under eye area is well moisturise and does not look dry when I have make up on top.

The price is a bit steep but I have used mine for more than a year as I only apply at night before bed. So it does go a long way.

The only con I see is the packaging, as it is a jar, I don't like to stick my finger in, but a tube will waste product as you can't get the last of the product out.

Will definitely repurchase.