Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

on 3/24/2011 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Just re-purchased this product, the previous bottle lasted me about 6 months using about 1x a week. Makes my damaged hair so silky i prob dont even need to follow up with a deep-conditioner like with most protein treatments. I find it hard to tell whether protein makes my hair any stronger, it was bleach-fried..but managed to look quite healthy after using this stuff. cost about $27 in Oz.
Look forward to using this product...would recommend!

after years of dying, straightning, curling and blow drying my hair combined with not knowing how to look after it properly, my hair was in very bad shape dry, brittle, doll and the ends would snap off all the time. I have been using this along with the shampoo conditioner and hydrator for 2 months now and my hair has improved so much i am so hapy i purchased this! i have read some reviews saying this is really bad but the same people refer to this as a conditioner... THIS IS NOT A CONDITIONER, its a protiene treatment for people who have chemically and heat damaged hair... and it works wounders, nearly finished my first tube and about to purchase some more, this is a product i feel i will never stop using.

on 3/21/2011 8:15:00 PM

Awesome stuff. I've used A LOT of masks in my hair to try and get it just a little healthy feeling. From Aveda, Redken, Alterna, nothing seemed to actually get my hair feeling healthy after the abuse I put it through. Then I tried this. It's light weight enough that you can get it through your whole head of hair, but sinks in deeply and leaves moisture you can feel without a greasy feeling after. My hair is fine but with lots of it and this has never weighed it down and has helped it bounce back to life after bleaching, stripping, dying, cutting, etc...I will always keep this in my rotation.

on 3/21/2011 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I think this is the most amazing mask out there for Protein. Hands down*

Color your hair a lot? Bleach?
Give it a shot!!! You'll loves it.

Had chemically processed my hair in recent history before going back to my natural hair color and deciding to stay that way.
This is great for maintaining the integrity of my hair in between my Nexxus Aloxxi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor treatments. K-pak leaves my hair feeling softer than Aloxxi, but Aloxxi is definitely superior to K-Pak in terms of reconstructing.

on 3/5/2011 11:40:00 PM

This product is better than I even expected! I only use it about once a week, and I rinse my hair with apple cider vinegar beforehand to get rid of any build up. My dull, horrendous ends were never ever shiny, and they now ARE! My hair feels lighter, healthier, and looks soo much nicer! I'm very happy with this product line, I also use the k-pak daily conditioner, daily leave-in, and have used the k-pak shampoo and intense hydrator. All fine products! I highly recommend this stuff for dry, damaged hair.
For reference, I have long, wavy, fine blonde hair. I dyed it to a dark blonde about 3 months ago, but the color has almost fully washed out back to my original blonde. However this totally made my hair dull and dry in the process even though it was professionally done! I'm never dying my hair again! Anyway, Joico has really saved my hair!

on 3/3/2011 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a good conditioner but I've tried much better. I got this for free when I purchased the liters of the kpak shampoo and regular conditioner which I love and I had high hopes.I'm so glad I didn't pay the 20$ price for this.I didn't see anything special.it worked just the same as the regular conditioner the only difference is it's thicker.it takes a lot for my hair which is around the middle of my back in length. I usually mix it with the regular conditioner about twice a week for an extra boost but overall I'm not impressed. I prefer my 4$ Aussie 3 minute miracle

on 2/13/2011 5:51:00 PM

I love this product. It smells gorgeous and does an amazing job of softening and adding shine to my hair, I always get compliments when I use this. Only downside is the price.

on 2/12/2011 2:36:00 PM

While this product smells delicious!! It doesn't perform half as well as I had hoped it would:( I need a protein treatment as my hair is quite brittle from all the stresses of using flat irons and dying etc. My hair doesn't feel any stronger after using this or look any better. I had previously used Redken Cat and Redken deep fuel which both worked INCREDIBLY! I will probably finish the tube of this as it can't do my hair any harm but i will defo be switching back to redken after!

on 1/27/2011 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love how this smells like bananas to me. I was recommended this after a bad salon trip, but wasn't told on how to properly use it. After researching it, I realised it wasn't mean as a conditioner. However, whether I use it once a month, or once a week, I don't notice some dramatic difference. I enjoy the smell, the ingredients, and the texture, but for the price, I wish it worked better for me.