Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 5/22/2014 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Love This, I've been using it for years. I think it works best for me with prevention then actually getting things down but it's def. a staple in my routine. I would recommend it it's worth a shot. It is very potent so be careful and test your skin just in case you are sensitive to it def. leaves you with a more than tingling feel but overall it is worth a shot and I highly recommend it !

on 5/15/2014 11:40:00 PM

When I first purchased this mask it worked wonders on my acne. Now that my acne is back I tried this mask and it did nothing. I don't know if it's because I've had it for too long (bought it 2 years ago) or maybe my skin just got really used to it. I recently bought the Indian healing clay mask and it had a much stronger effect than this. Still have a bit of acne but it's not as bad after using the healing mask.

on 5/15/2014 11:13:00 PM

didn't help out much with the acne i had at the time, but felt cooling for what it was.

on 5/15/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I never write reviews for things like this but I have to tell you this product is AMAZING! I have really bad acne. Mostly just around my chin. I have been on birth control, and two different types of antibiotics that were prescribed by my dermo + I have tried countless over the counter things to cute my acne. Proactive, off brand proactive. You name it I've tried it with little results. My face just started to flare up again within the last two month. I was pretty much at my whits end with trying products when I stumbled across this at a local discount store. I grabbed it without even really reading what it was. I just wanted to try out a face mask since I've never used one. I up this on my face after my shower and when I rinsed it off my face looked and felt so smooth. I've been using this for almost a week now and my face is almost completely clear. I am on the stalk to find more of this product and stock up. 3.99 for the price isn't bad! My only complaint is that when I squeeze it out sometimes it gets everywhere and wastes product. Overall I love this and will continue to use. If you are like me and have tried almost everything give this product a try!

on 5/15/2014 3:42:00 PM

I have super oily skin. During the summer it really is disgusting just how oily my skin gets. With that being said, I will put this on when I vacation to the beach or when I know I will be outside in the humidity. This masque really does absorb the heck out of oil. It always burns when I put it on, I gasp around a bit and walk it off. Sometimes I put a thin layer on and sleep with it on for maximum oil control. In the morning you can see where my pores oozed oil out as the masque has dark forest green colored specks right over the indentation of my nasty pores. Throughout the day I notice an amazing reduction in oil. So there's that. And now what I hate about this. With my skin in oil over-drive, I get pimples, usually in my t-zone. With this masque, I get pimples randomly all over my face. Now I have a friend that swears by this stuff for acne, and from what she tells me, it works "in the same way pro-activ would" That meaning that my skin will break out from potential bumps that were lurking just waiting on a chance to surface. I don't care for all that, I want my skin to look nice without the outbreak part. This masque always intensifies my break outs. I have to follow with an exfoliating acne scrub, Cetaphils oil control face wash, a toner with alpha beta hydroxyl, and then moisturize with a acne prone skin lotion. That seems to calm it down a good bit. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with really bad acne. In fact I would only recommend it to soak up excess oil intensified by humidity and heat. Unlike other clay masques this one really feels like it dries thoroughly and really soaks up oil.

on 5/10/2014 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this product has very little ingredients - you know there is nothing terrible inside it. it works!!! it softened my whiteheads and when i used my liz earl cloth and rubbed slightly on them they came off! my skin is extremely soft now, i would recommend though to put something like retinol a on your skin afterwards otherwise the pores that were cleaned out by the mask will just get dirty again. it smelt divine and the mint felt nice and tingly.

This is my go-to mask. I have sensitive, combo, irritable skin that doesn't react well to scrubs or most masks. I've used this for years when I've had bad stretches of breakouts, and it's always worked well without inflaming my skin. The sulfur in it does nice things for my bumps, even the cystic bumps react well. However, the sulfur in this mask isn't at a high enough percentage to increase cell turnover fast enough for me, so I'll use Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion afterwards to kill the cystic bumps finally.

It smells lovely, it feels lovely and soothing, it applies well, and I love the packaging. I just HATED going into the previous packaging, a plastic tub, and seeing cracks in the slightly-dried product. The squeeze tube lets in as little air as possible while keeping the leftover product uncontaminated. I'm so glad they listened to their customers on that.

on 5/9/2014 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It is very rare, that I like a product that everyone is raving about, but I really love this mask. It has minimal ingredients and is quite strong, helps to degunk my pores, makes my skin feel smooth and look brighter and clearer. Unlike any other masks I tried, it does not irritate my skin, which is quite sensitive andy dry, yet very very acne-prone and it really helps to clear existing acne. I would recommend everyone to try it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I got this because I heard how popular it was and how it helps with acne. Well being that I struggle with acne I HAD to spend my money on everything that may help ( btw I'm tired of doing this). This really didn't do anything for my acne or my skin in general. Used the entire tube and...nothing. This is pretty affordable and in most beauty supply stores. However I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/8/2014 10:03:00 PM

Consistency: It's a thick clay mask. It's takes a bit of time to get an even application of this mask since it's so thick.

Color: It's a mint green color, but a bit more on the olive coloring.

Scent: Minty. So refreshing smelling.

Results: The mask is very refreshing! It has a cooling/ tingling sensation. This leaves my skin very smooth and my pores look better after using this. It absorbs oil but doesn't dry me out too much.

Sometimes If I have a breakout, I like to apply this to the problem spots and sleep with it overnight. It helps to dry them bad boys out. Helps so much.

Popular Masks