BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 2/23/2011 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Just horrible!! Do no reccommend for girls with dark skin, because it does not blend one bit!

on 2/23/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this does what its suppose to.....i use it on my lids in the morning after washing my face but before applying my makeup. it makes my lids much less red. i dont think id buy it again though just b/c i use a mac paint pot that is just a shade lighter than my skin as shadow base and that pretty much covers up the red as well. but if u dont use shadow daily, u could definitely use this often.

on 2/23/2011 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice product for getting rid of redness on my eyelids and making me look wide awake, the consistency is creamy and easy to apply. It looks natural when its on and blends well. It doesn't work as a primer as it tends to crease quite badly, it does that even with UDDP underneath. I have to blend it out again every few hours. I got this as a christmas present, but I don't think I would buy it myself unless they changed the formula so that it didn't crease and could be used as a primer. Also I have noticed now that it has got a bit cold and windy the Lemon Aid makes the skin on my eyelids very dry and it doesn't look good at all. the product isn't really intended for the under eye area, it would look unnatural on my C3 skin and also be hard to apply without pulling too much.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this to brighten my dark lids. Works but leaves my lids slightly lemon shade. Once I put on eyeshadow (light taupe usually), it blends and is no longer yellow. Cannot be worn alone unless you like yellowish lid. I usually put UDPP under everything to control my oily lids so don't know if this would crease on me.I put a light coat on undereye before my LM concealer and it stays put all day. On my lids though, it gunks up if I rub it in so I just tap all over my lid. Small packaging but I have a difficult time opening the lid (short nails). Won't buy again tho as not amazing for the price and this will last me at least a year. I should return it...
UPDATE: have been trying it everyday and it really banishes my dark circles. Under flourescent lighting, my face looks even toned - sometimes I don't need foundation. I am NC25-30.
UPDATE AGAIN: Too yellow to counteract undereye circles and shows every dry line/spot. As primer to prevent creases or even out skin color, it fails (UDPP is best primer and MAC Painterly always works for me). To use the product, I have to rub it in (wrinkles) or pat on forever (who has that kind of time). Too expensive even if applied on the skintone it was intended for. If it works for you, hurrah! as it is packaged conveniently (no spills). Changed it from Overall rating 4 to 1.

on 2/17/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

A miracle in a product!
I bought this as it was on offer. It claims to correct redness etc, which I do NOT have. I also don't use primers as I have such dry skin, I just flake and look blotchy.

This isn't marketed correctly as what it is is a miracle for under eye circles and general face brightening!

I used it over my moisturiser and under all make up. At first you may not notice the difference but please believe me, this amazing little item changes your entire make-up effect.

I bought it for my sister, who I had been going on and on to about Lemonaid. At first she was a bit disappointment, until she went out and got asked all night why she looked so fresh faced. Now she won't leave the house without it.

It's a thick (not too thick) yellow half eye cream/half concealer (in my opinion). I put it under and over my eyes. It's extremely moisturising. It's just not a primer, I don't know why they market it as this.

It's creamy and feels really nice when it goes on. I can put my concealer on immediately, I don't need it to dry or set etc.

One thing, it may swallow my concealer a little bit and I do need more, but it's worth it as Lemonaid decreases my dark circles A LOT and brightens my face!

I used this every day and won't do without it. Not cheap but completely worth it as it's used every day.

Benefit specialise is circle and eye puffiness correcting. Thank you Benefit, for girls like me you are a Goddess send!

Barbie x

on 2/16/2011 5:09:00 PM

Love this stuff! It's simple but works :) Great for everyday use. I use Mac paint pots when I need some colored base.
Covers up the darkness/discoloration on my lids. Eye Shadow last hours on top of this on my very dry lids. Almost at the end of my first pot, bought a new one already.

on 2/13/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It didnt work for me, started out nice finish on the lids, ended up oily and creasing.

on 2/13/2011 1:44:00 PM

This product creases like crazy! It creased on my lids and under my eyes! I suppose it does sort of cover the blueish purple color under my eyes...but it`s not great. It doesn`t fare any better than average drugstore concealer, in fact, I could have purchased two of those (which may have been better quality) for the price of this. Application isn`t great either, the product is kind of thick and difficult to work with. You have to rub it, and that isn`t great for thin skin , like the kind around your eyes. I don`t think I would repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have vainy eye lids, and this helps covering them up just fine. However, it creases so badly. I have to use eyeshadow primer underneath it, and that way it's not a very clever product, since I could just as well put on a cream eye shadow in stead of this yellowy stuff that looks God awful if you put on more than just enough for it to show up.
They should have it not crease, because it's just another cream eye shadow (in a very unflattering color for an eye shadow, might I add) when you have to use primer under it. I won't buy it, but I probably would if it didn't crease.

Well, I'm kind of an odd duck here because I'm a guy. I have genetically dark eyes and have tried various concealers over the years. They all were either too obvious or just didn't work.
LemonAid works and is very subtle. The trick, as mentioned before, is to just tap your finger on the product then tap around your eyes.
I can't speak to its value as a primer, but as a concealer for dark circles it's very effective- just don't use much. For that reason, I don't object to the price because it will probably last me a year or more.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products