July 23, 2014 | 2156 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by almost40

I bought this soley on the reviews here and I must say Im very pleased I did.I love the silver compact,very sturdy and classy and the product inside is as impressive.
I got this in the lightest shade and its a very good match.I used it over my liquid foundation as a setting powder and the finishing result was a flawless face that looked good all day.Im so pleased I took a chance with this,I will try it wet and see if it looks even better.

EDITED ON 26/11/09
I like this so much I went and bought a backup,a thing I NEVER do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by niff524

This is probably one of the best powder foundations I've tried, and I've tried MANY!!!! My former HG was Clarins Express Compact, which has unfortunately been discontinued. Since I have really oily skin, I simply cannot live without a powder foundation for touch up. Before I decided to get TBS All-In-One, I tried a few by Shiseido (stay away from Smooth Perfecting compact.... made me break out like crazy, is really cakey, and the powder shattered to pieces very soon), Chanel, Clinique etc. But I can honestly say that TBS All-in-One is second only to the Clarins. The colour choice is questionable. I'm a NC35 at the moment and while #6 is a good match, it's not perfect (slightly too peachy) and if you're darker than me, you won't find a match at all! However, the texture of the powder is fantastic especially if you have oily skin. It's reasonably finely milled and glides on smoothly and evenly, with no streaking. It creates a matt but natural finish that doesn't scream 'I'm caking powder on!!!!' Oil control is not bad, even on my *extremely* oily t-zone. Coverage is also pretty good, and layering is possible. Love the sturdy packaging with the useful mirror too. For the price I am perfectly content and will definitely repurchase!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

for a long time i just used this as a back up when i was out of mac , now i have grabbed it several times on a whim and decided i really like it. I use this as a powder not foundation to set my makeup and really like it for touch ups during the day , now that i figured out i like it so well i am almost out so i will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by bellamelly

This has become my favourite foundation. I previously used liquids. After switching to this powder I have had less breakouts, cut down my makeup application time, and it lasts longer/is easier to touch up throughout the day. I bought this in shade 03 which livens my nc15 yellow-undertoned skin (I may try 02 as the winter wears on). It works really nicely over sunscreen and does not exaggerate fine lines or look cakey. The compact is well designed, with a mirror and separate compartment for the sponge. My only complaint is that a) the compact is not refillable (which is wasteful/costly in my view and rather strange for a company with an environmental agenda), and for $30 cdn, the amount of product you get is rather small. I will have to buy a new one of these probably every 5 weeks. I haven't found anything better, so it's worth it. As others have mentioned, this looks great in natural and flouroscent light (!) and it photographs beautifully. I have photos of me at a football game, worse for the wear from a late night before and with only five minutes to get ready...and my skin looks awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by loraenn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best face powder I have ever used. I usually avoid powders because they make my skin look dry and draw attention to wrinkles. This doesn't do either!

Even when my skin is dry, this powder is silky smooth and glides over my face.

Instead of exaggerating my fine lines under my eyes, it actually helps conceal them.

As others have stated before, this gives you a nice airbrushed/soft glow finish.

I have also used this to cover up blemishes by pressing a concentrated amount onto the problem spot. Sometimes it works better than my liquid and stick concealers.

There's no smell...hasn't clogged my pores...

I can't think of a single con. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Nolita78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PERFECT FOR OILY AND SENSITIVE SKIN. I mean, how many foundations can you actually write review for as such? But seriously, this foundation is that amazing. I mean, I'd always gravitated toward mineral foundation instead, due to my super-sensitive skin (acne+clogged prone). But it's like super hard to find good mineral, and non-mineral, foundation for oily skin. Ah, the conundrum...

Anyways, so I'd always been curious about The Body Shop's make-up line. Since The Body Shop is mostly known for its body-care products, I was really quite reluctant in trying their MU. Buuuut, you know what usually happened after reading reviews on MUA. You get *tempted*.

I bought All in One Face Base, and I LOVE it. However, I don't see how this would look well on dry skin. This looks best (I use my foundation brush for my application) after it mixes with the oil on your skin. The amazing thing is, after the powder mixes a bit with your skin oil, it just kind of stops from being *too oily*, giving it a nice glow to your skin. Lasts on me for about 5-6 hours on a really hot and humid day. Loves it. And, my super-sensitive skin doesn't breakout over this product!!!

All in all, I love this foundation, and will definitely re-purchase. I am, however, taking one lippie off due to its limited color selections. Seriously, Body Shop, you have a great product here, and there are SO MANY different skin tones out there. Diversify the options a bit, please... continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Kikonai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first review - I've been on this site for a while and enjoyed reading the reviews but no product has prompted me to want to stand on the MA hill tops and shout for joy.

Not until I read all of the great reviews here which inspired me to try this little wonder of a face powder..
Off I popped to the body shop where the SA nearly drove me mad with add on sales, but I must say it was worth the barrage to finally try this product!
I am 42 so powders really do have to be excellent for me to wear them as craggy lines around the eyes tend to get exaggerated with powder as one hits the 40's but not so with this product, which surprised me immensely!!
Just to make sure I wasn't imagining it - I went to Clinique and asked the SA to apply Perfectly Real powder on one side of my face to compare - and astonishingly she agreed with me that the 'other' powder looked much better (she asked me what I was wearing and was shocked when I told her it was Body Shop)!!

Just a word of caution - if you have normal but dehydrated skin like me moisturise really well and allow the powder to settle. As many reveiwers have mentioned here the product melts into your skin after a couple of minutes and what's even better - no big unsightly looking pores!
All tolled this is the best mid priced powder I have ever tried and I will definatley repurchase (I wouldn't buy their skin care though - I think it's rubbish) lol

Ok, I've been using this product for a good month now and as long as I don't get too heavy handed with it which is a big mistake, used wet this foundation still rates 4 lippies. Used dry only use a brush but I'm sure I'm telling you what you already know here!!
I considered taking a lippie off cos it can get a lil cakey if you don't use it sparingly but the good news is you still get medium coverage using it this way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This powder is such a dream, so perfect. It makes my skin look soft, even, blended and airbrushed, I cannot stress how amazingly perfect this is...I'm in shock and so happy! :) for the longest time I was using Revlon new Complexion and on occasion Maybelline Mousse powder- both good products, but I felt like something was missing from both of them...the last few days my powder was looking awful, dry and cakey no matter what I tried and I figured it was either a makeup rut or time to try something new......I was going to try benefits get even powder but I didn't want to pay $34.00.....I recalled a while back there was a review for the all in one face base powder on the home page of MUA so 2 days ago I went and checked out more reviews on this powder, thank you ladies! anyway in The Body Shop the colors did not wow me and sort of looked orangey/pinky but I decided to risk it....I grabbed shade 01 and then while i was shopping realized I grabbed shade 02 instead, I was going to run back and switch but I opened the compact and the color looked so beautiful and true to my skin color so I stuck with. I have to say that the colors in the store are not the same in different light...so if they look bad in the store don't be afraid- they are gorgeous in other light.

To apply this I first used some concealer, and just a little bit of Revlon colorstay foundation.I applied the powder first with the puff included, then my QUO powder brush to finish, the result is like I mentioned so beautiful....I am truly so happy with this! HG powder for life :D I will update if anything changes :)

~EDIT~

so far so amazing! this powder covers flawlessly, in less then 5 minutes my face makeup is complete and looks gorgeous....also another plus- this powder photographs beautifully & a major plus is that this looks natural and flawless in harsh fluorescent lighting, I was shopping the other day and looked at a mirror and my makeup looked airbrushed! usually in harsh lighting my normal powder looked chalky but not with this miracle :D.....I am so happy with this, I'll be picking up a backup soon :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by annalisameyer

The is my FAVORITE foundation EVER, and I've used liquid foundation+pressed powder ever since I started wearing makeup in middle school. I LOVE it, can't say that enough. I use it wet every day, and it lasts just as well as my previous liquid+powder combination did. It looks great, is nice and light, and can be used for lots of coverage (wet) or little coverage (dry). Best ever, I will buy this forever and ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jujubee1387

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi, so I got this when I had a 50% off coupon at the body shop and wanted a nice powder for the summer time and for something to set my mac foudnation with...it doesnt offer the greatest coverage by itself, but its perfect during summer when you want something light to even out your complexion. I am a NW35 in studio sculpt, NC40 studio fix, and I have it in 05. The shades really dont go darker, which is a little discriminatory, as a latina who gets pale in the winter it works, but its too light once the sun comes out and i get pale. overall would buy again for my winter paleness :)