October 20, 2014 | 750 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by CoutureBunnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well after reading all the great comments on this product, I thought I'd give it a shot, so I stopped by my local Body Shop to see what the fuss was all about. The girl that greeted me didn't really seem to know much about make up all, nor did she seem to wear much make up herself, which was quite disappointing, but luckily I knew what I was looking for. I managed to find a shade that suited my skin tone quite well, which is very pale but very yellowy. I did notice that they didn't have much variety as far as shades go, and the darkest color wasn't very dark at all, so that's definetly something they should work on. It cost 20$ which is fairly reasonable. The packaging is very nice, and seems sturdy enough, and has a nice little mirror in it. The sponge which comes with it applies it well enough, but it probably would look better applied with a foundation brush. The coverage is great, and very buildable, which I love, I have a bit of redness on my nose and cheeks and it covers it very well. It goes on nice and doesn't feel cakey, I have oily skin so it balances it out nicely, and I don't have to touch up nearly as much. It has a very nice matte finish. I will definetly be re-purchasing this! I'd say if you can find the right shade, then you should absolutely give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by meghanrose3

I've had this product (in 02) for about a week and a half now and I'm really liking it. I have combination skin with large pores on my nose and cheeks and this really does a great job at making them less noticeable. I find it also really works with controlling oil and I don't need to touch up as often as with a liquid foundation and powder.
I haven't tried this wet yet because it provides enough coverage for me "dry" with a bit of concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by kalokairi

I bought this as a tandem with the Warm Sunset Blush Trio from the Precious Pearlescents collection, while I was in search of a good face powder. I never tried it wet since I just needed something for touch-ups. I liked the clip opening, it made me feel that the compact was more secure. I also liked how the sponge was of good quality and that it had a separate compartment from the powder itself, though for the most part I used a kabuki brush to apply it. Coverage was pretty good and so was oil control - basically, it had what I needed in a face powder.

My first gripe about it, however, was the smell. My nose just couldn't get used to it, though a minute or so after application I don't smell it anymore. I thought my item might have been a defect or something until I read some reviews here on MUA that mentioned the smell as well. In the two-month period that I was using it, I noticed that the side had started to crack, and in the end the rest of the powder cracked as well. I have crushed the rest & transferred them into a container with sifter, so it's now a bit more hassling to use but still fine. I wish that TBS would have refills though, or some recycling program so that the compact could be re-used. I'm now in search of a compact refill from a different brand that could fit it, just so I could use it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a good foundation for a long time! My skin gets oily a few hours after I apply my makeup, so my foundation usually starts to fade and expose any concealed blemishes or flaws right away. I've tried CARGO cream foundation, BM mineral makeup, and L'Oreal true match foundation among others. So suprised that the Body Shop (who knew?) would made a foundation I'd be crazy about. THIS PRODUCT CONTROLS OIL! Egads! It doesn't dry you out, and gives you a flawless matte finish. I reapply late in the afternoon for the second half of the day with my kabuki, and it's all good. It gives medium coverage, so you have to conceal dark circles and blemishes in addition to using this.

The packaging is classy looking with a neat separator between the sponge applicator and the powder, which minimizes mess.

Been using this foundation the Body Shop luminizing tint and their pencil concealer and lightening touch concealer (undereyes), and have the nicest looking complexion I can remember. The 3 products for $30 promo for Black Friday really made these products a steal! Would still pay full price when I run out. The Body Shop makeup line is high quality and made in Germany, which is reassuring with all the claims about cosmetics made in China these days. Go into the Body Shop and let a SA help you try out some of their face products. You'll be pleasantly surprised!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mztina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is pretty good, I have combination skin, and it works wonderful. My t-zone is rather oily and this stays for a good 4-5 hours before I have to touch up. On my cheeks it's dry and this doesn't seem cakey at all. I'd say the coverage is pretty good, it's buildable. I wish it would have spf or a better color selection at least. My shade is 06 which is their darkest shade. For reference the shade is very similar to Benefits Hello Flawless "Me vain? Chamagne" which is Benefits' lightest shade...

Overall it's very comparable to Benefits flawless. The coverage is just as good as benefits and the oil control is wonderful. I would buy this again, granted that I don't get any darker...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by almost40

I bought this soley on the reviews here and I must say Im very pleased I did.I love the silver compact,very sturdy and classy and the product inside is as impressive.
I got this in the lightest shade and its a very good match.I used it over my liquid foundation as a setting powder and the finishing result was a flawless face that looked good all day.Im so pleased I took a chance with this,I will try it wet and see if it looks even better.

EDITED ON 26/11/09
I like this so much I went and bought a backup,a thing I NEVER do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by niff524

This is probably one of the best powder foundations I've tried, and I've tried MANY!!!! My former HG was Clarins Express Compact, which has unfortunately been discontinued. Since I have really oily skin, I simply cannot live without a powder foundation for touch up. Before I decided to get TBS All-In-One, I tried a few by Shiseido (stay away from Smooth Perfecting compact.... made me break out like crazy, is really cakey, and the powder shattered to pieces very soon), Chanel, Clinique etc. But I can honestly say that TBS All-in-One is second only to the Clarins. The colour choice is questionable. I'm a NC35 at the moment and while #6 is a good match, it's not perfect (slightly too peachy) and if you're darker than me, you won't find a match at all! However, the texture of the powder is fantastic especially if you have oily skin. It's reasonably finely milled and glides on smoothly and evenly, with no streaking. It creates a matt but natural finish that doesn't scream 'I'm caking powder on!!!!' Oil control is not bad, even on my *extremely* oily t-zone. Coverage is also pretty good, and layering is possible. Love the sturdy packaging with the useful mirror too. For the price I am perfectly content and will definitely repurchase!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

for a long time i just used this as a back up when i was out of mac , now i have grabbed it several times on a whim and decided i really like it. I use this as a powder not foundation to set my makeup and really like it for touch ups during the day , now that i figured out i like it so well i am almost out so i will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by bellamelly

This has become my favourite foundation. I previously used liquids. After switching to this powder I have had less breakouts, cut down my makeup application time, and it lasts longer/is easier to touch up throughout the day. I bought this in shade 03 which livens my nc15 yellow-undertoned skin (I may try 02 as the winter wears on). It works really nicely over sunscreen and does not exaggerate fine lines or look cakey. The compact is well designed, with a mirror and separate compartment for the sponge. My only complaint is that a) the compact is not refillable (which is wasteful/costly in my view and rather strange for a company with an environmental agenda), and for $30 cdn, the amount of product you get is rather small. I will have to buy a new one of these probably every 5 weeks. I haven't found anything better, so it's worth it. As others have mentioned, this looks great in natural and flouroscent light (!) and it photographs beautifully. I have photos of me at a football game, worse for the wear from a late night before and with only five minutes to get ready...and my skin looks awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by loraenn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best face powder I have ever used. I usually avoid powders because they make my skin look dry and draw attention to wrinkles. This doesn't do either!

Even when my skin is dry, this powder is silky smooth and glides over my face.

Instead of exaggerating my fine lines under my eyes, it actually helps conceal them.

As others have stated before, this gives you a nice airbrushed/soft glow finish.

I have also used this to cover up blemishes by pressing a concentrated amount onto the problem spot. Sometimes it works better than my liquid and stick concealers.

There's no smell...hasn't clogged my pores...

I can't think of a single con. Try it!