April 17, 2014 | 1319 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

I am a fan of the non-waterproof Carbon Black Voluminous. It is the cheap mascara I often go back to after trying high end brands. I needed a waterproof mascara, so I picked this one up.

The good:
Price
Good length
Held Curl
Moderate size brush
Lasted through a funeral

The bad:
Not very "voluminious"
Not very black
Flaked
Very dry formula that felt hard to build. It wasn't exactly clumpy, but didn't apply with ease

The bottom line:
This isn't a horrible mascara, and for $5 it did its job. I would not repurchase however due to cons listed.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the only thing that i like about this product is the brush and the effect that it gives me. what i don't like is that it's not waterproof on me! i curl my eyelashes before putting this on and after it dries my eyelashes are not curled anymore! and through out the day it smudges on me after 3-5 hours of wear and i look like i have raccoons eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by pinkstar027

This is my fav mascara I been buying it for years..it really makes my lashes look thick and theres no fall out for me, I havent found a better one yet. It usally cost about 5 dollars at walmart..I like that its waterproof. It works for me but it might not work for other, so just buy it and try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an inexpensive waterproof formula. But I dont know If love it enough to repurchase. I only use this for a night out, and it definitely does me a dark look, with separated lashes, and stays put without smudging. The wand is great though, and it is easy to apply with the zigzagging technique.

PRO:
-I tried layering this and I found it to look a lot better. I put a lenghtening mascara first, and immediately put 1 coat of this on top and it made the look complete! I use a brush/comb to take out the clumps, I find this technique works best for me. But I will not repurchase b/cuz i want to try something else!

CON:
--I don't feel it holds my curl long enough and by the end of the night my lashes are uncurled (I have long straight lashes and use an eye lash curler before any application). Then again, the mascara doesn't claim to hold a curl, but this is very important in determining whether or not I would repurchase. Because it gives me a great dark look, this isnt a deal breaker.
-- I found that I was loosing lashes while removing using waterproof make-up remover!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

would buy this again? maybe. i don't have this anymore but i did have it for awhile and i liked it. but it can clump up if you use too much so be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am very pleasantly surprised by this mascara. I usually have very low expectations of drugstore mascaras since most of them do nothing for my sparse, straight Asian lashes. But this mascara held my curl really well and made my lashes look fuller. I got it on sale for $6.99 plus a $2 off coupon from L'Oreal so this was a great steal. Even at its $11 regular price, I'd still be willing to pay that price for such a nice drugstore mascara. I can see why this mascara is so raved about now! Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus is still my HG mascara but this is a great cheaper alternative. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupmissy123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great applying it. It makes my lashes look good. But I put this on at about 7:30 am and by 11:00 I had one of my friends at school asking me if I had eyeliner on on my bottom lashes. 1, I don't wear eyeliner, 2, I didn't even apply mascara to my bottom lashes! Once I run out of this, I'm trying Falsie's instead. How could I possibly get mascara from my top lashes down to under my eyes when there was no mascara on my bottom lashes?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by lizzychu

I'm generally not a fan of waterproof mascara because I seem to always have a very hard time getting them off. But, I was in a pinch (going to a concert in the rain!) and really needed a waterproof formula, so I tried this one. It was the cheapest I could find (5 bucks) so I figured if I hated it that I wouldn't lose too much money. I was pleasantly suprised! I've never tried the regular version, so I didn't know what to expect. Nice, volumized, separated, black lashes! The formula didn't flake or smudge, and held up very well in the weather conditions I was in. And, I can easily remove it! Score! I will definitely use this and repurchase for whenever I need a waterproof formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I stray because I'm fickle but always come back to this and have for about 7 + years. This delivers, plain and simple. Volume? Check. Seperation, lack of clumps, no flaking, smearing? Check, check, and check again. But the main reason is it looks good. Does it look good for all of the above, well yes, and probably a combination of that and the formula, brush shape etc. Whatever it is, my lashes look lush, and yet still like lashes on a human not a mannequin, not false, just enhanced and pretty.

Often mascara makes lashes look thicker but not in an attractive way, instead makes them look like stubs. I have very long lashes but I want volume, and no "stubs." This gives me that and I only like the wp formula. Stays on, yet washes off easily, no tugging. Wiggle this at the base of your lashes, then slowly upwards towards the outer corners. This helps "fan" lashes out like most DS mascaras don't for me, comparable to Lancome Hypnose in that way (but ironically, not the wp version of that which is awful imo).
Great value and a modern classic in DS makeup with good reason.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by chloeincolour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the bristles on this brush, they seem to catch your lashes well and prevent clumping. The definition appears to be cleaner than that of other mascaras and application is way easy. I like that this product really does what it says it does, it adds really nice volume. But on top of volume, it adds a bit of nice length however, the curl isn't as impressive. After curling my lashes, and apply just a single coat of mascara, my lashes tend to uncurl throughout the day. However, my lashes still remain thick and lush.
Overall, a great mascara for anyone.