August 23, 2014 | 1755 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked this mascara for only the first week, after that, it smudged terribly under my eyes, giving me raccoon eyes, and it flaked everywhere. The worst thing was that the mascara gooped all over the brush, so it would glop onto your lashes. Even after scrapping the mascara off of the wand everytime to go use it, it would still smudge and flake. It was great for a week, giving amazing results, but after that, no!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am picky with mascara because it always runs on my lower lash line which makes me look like a raccoon. I bought this in attempt to finding my HG drugstore mascara based on reviews. This is okay so far. Pros: price, adds volume, eyelashes stay soft.
Cons: curl doesn't hold up, little bit of smudging
Overall: I would recommend as a back up or everyday AM mascara. I use it on a daily basis for school and use others for nights out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product really disappointed me, especially from the raves I read on Makeup alley. This product smudged on me literally after applying it, I would finish my eye makeup and then go on to do my hair for a bit, and when I came back to touch up my face makeup.. little black smudges had already formed on my top eyelid and underneath my lash line. Also, I find this to go on a little bit clumpy if you're not careful. Overall? I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by annely

EDIT: Okay, for those of you who read my previous 2 lippies review of this product, you'll know that I didn't have great first impressions with this mascara. But now I think I'm slowly falling in love with it.
It isn't perfect, but it's pretty great. I got it for C$10.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart when I was desperate for a waterproof mascara. First of all, let me say that I LOVE the brush. I love how it glides on to my lashes so smoothly. I've never had that with any DS or HE mascara before. It's great at separating my lashes, gives great volume, a little length, and the color is nice and rich. There are clumps occasionally but they are the tiniest things ever and they can easily be gotten rid of by somewhat shaking the brush horizontally while applying it to your lashes.
What I don't like is the fact that it does smudge (which I hate because for me the point of a waterproof mascara is for it to not smudge) and the fact that it's so hard to remove! I think I lose about 2-3 lashes on average each time I try to remove this product, so I use it sparingly.
Overall, I think I will definitely repurchase this, maybe in the regular version, but look elsewhere for a better waterproof mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

I am a fan of the non-waterproof Carbon Black Voluminous. It is the cheap mascara I often go back to after trying high end brands. I needed a waterproof mascara, so I picked this one up.

The good:
Price
Good length
Held Curl
Moderate size brush
Lasted through a funeral

The bad:
Not very "voluminious"
Not very black
Flaked
Very dry formula that felt hard to build. It wasn't exactly clumpy, but didn't apply with ease

The bottom line:
This isn't a horrible mascara, and for $5 it did its job. I would not repurchase however due to cons listed.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the only thing that i like about this product is the brush and the effect that it gives me. what i don't like is that it's not waterproof on me! i curl my eyelashes before putting this on and after it dries my eyelashes are not curled anymore! and through out the day it smudges on me after 3-5 hours of wear and i look like i have raccoons eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by pinkstar027

This is my fav mascara I been buying it for years..it really makes my lashes look thick and theres no fall out for me, I havent found a better one yet. It usally cost about 5 dollars at walmart..I like that its waterproof. It works for me but it might not work for other, so just buy it and try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an inexpensive waterproof formula. But I dont know If love it enough to repurchase. I only use this for a night out, and it definitely does me a dark look, with separated lashes, and stays put without smudging. The wand is great though, and it is easy to apply with the zigzagging technique.

PRO:
-I tried layering this and I found it to look a lot better. I put a lenghtening mascara first, and immediately put 1 coat of this on top and it made the look complete! I use a brush/comb to take out the clumps, I find this technique works best for me. But I will not repurchase b/cuz i want to try something else!

CON:
--I don't feel it holds my curl long enough and by the end of the night my lashes are uncurled (I have long straight lashes and use an eye lash curler before any application). Then again, the mascara doesn't claim to hold a curl, but this is very important in determining whether or not I would repurchase. Because it gives me a great dark look, this isnt a deal breaker.
-- I found that I was loosing lashes while removing using waterproof make-up remover!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

would buy this again? maybe. i don't have this anymore but i did have it for awhile and i liked it. but it can clump up if you use too much so be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am very pleasantly surprised by this mascara. I usually have very low expectations of drugstore mascaras since most of them do nothing for my sparse, straight Asian lashes. But this mascara held my curl really well and made my lashes look fuller. I got it on sale for $6.99 plus a $2 off coupon from L'Oreal so this was a great steal. Even at its $11 regular price, I'd still be willing to pay that price for such a nice drugstore mascara. I can see why this mascara is so raved about now! Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus is still my HG mascara but this is a great cheaper alternative. Would definitely repurchase!