December 22, 2014 | 1620 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this about 2 months ago and I really like it; it goes on great, makes my lashes look thicker and longer.. BUT it is near impossible to remove! I have such a difficult time taking off this mascara even with waterproof eye makeup removers! But if you are looking for a good, heavy-duty reasonably priced, waterproof mascara then this is a good one to go for. Just be prepared to break out the big guns when you try to take it off, lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Soooo not waterproof. Does make my eyelashes feathery & pretty for about 2 hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Chicon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, I had such high hopes for this mascara. I mean, some women are DEVOTED to it! But alas, it is not to be for us. I live in intense humidity. Seriously, it feels like getting smacked in the face with a hot, wet towel when I walk out the door (cold wet towel in winter). Regular mascara just oozes off in about 15 minutes, and holding a curl??? Forget it! So, I'm kinda searching for the impossible to begin with. But this stuff is pretty much the antithesis of what I'm searching for. It looks fine when I put it on. I'm a tad underwhelmed with the volumizing aspect, but it is very black, and didn't clump much. However, like all other mascaras, 15 minutes in, I'm all racoon-y on the outer corners. And it's sticky, sticky. My upper and lower lashes stick together, even though I don't wear mascara on my lower lashes. Yuck! And when it comes time to take this stuff off, well, I still haven't figured out how to do that well. I use oil based remover (L'Oreal brand) and it still doesn't come off. I haven't worn it in a week, and the mascara is still very visible along my lash line. Gross! It's probably fine for an evening out, or a day at the waterpark, but I wouldn't use it for an everyday waterproof.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by phitius

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EPIC CLUMPY SPIDER-LEG LASHES

This product is absolutely wretched. It's dry, it clumps, it looks horrible - like my lashes are made of coal.

It doesn't flake or smear, but it's also a nightmare to get off - even with jojoba oil.

DO NOT WANT.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked this mascara for only the first week, after that, it smudged terribly under my eyes, giving me raccoon eyes, and it flaked everywhere. The worst thing was that the mascara gooped all over the brush, so it would glop onto your lashes. Even after scrapping the mascara off of the wand everytime to go use it, it would still smudge and flake. It was great for a week, giving amazing results, but after that, no!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am picky with mascara because it always runs on my lower lash line which makes me look like a raccoon. I bought this in attempt to finding my HG drugstore mascara based on reviews. This is okay so far. Pros: price, adds volume, eyelashes stay soft.
Cons: curl doesn't hold up, little bit of smudging
Overall: I would recommend as a back up or everyday AM mascara. I use it on a daily basis for school and use others for nights out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product really disappointed me, especially from the raves I read on Makeup alley. This product smudged on me literally after applying it, I would finish my eye makeup and then go on to do my hair for a bit, and when I came back to touch up my face makeup.. little black smudges had already formed on my top eyelid and underneath my lash line. Also, I find this to go on a little bit clumpy if you're not careful. Overall? I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by annely

EDIT: Okay, for those of you who read my previous 2 lippies review of this product, you'll know that I didn't have great first impressions with this mascara. But now I think I'm slowly falling in love with it.
It isn't perfect, but it's pretty great. I got it for C$10.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart when I was desperate for a waterproof mascara. First of all, let me say that I LOVE the brush. I love how it glides on to my lashes so smoothly. I've never had that with any DS or HE mascara before. It's great at separating my lashes, gives great volume, a little length, and the color is nice and rich. There are clumps occasionally but they are the tiniest things ever and they can easily be gotten rid of by somewhat shaking the brush horizontally while applying it to your lashes.
What I don't like is the fact that it does smudge (which I hate because for me the point of a waterproof mascara is for it to not smudge) and the fact that it's so hard to remove! I think I lose about 2-3 lashes on average each time I try to remove this product, so I use it sparingly.
Overall, I think I will definitely repurchase this, maybe in the regular version, but look elsewhere for a better waterproof mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

I am a fan of the non-waterproof Carbon Black Voluminous. It is the cheap mascara I often go back to after trying high end brands. I needed a waterproof mascara, so I picked this one up.

The good:
Price
Good length
Held Curl
Moderate size brush
Lasted through a funeral

The bad:
Not very "voluminious"
Not very black
Flaked
Very dry formula that felt hard to build. It wasn't exactly clumpy, but didn't apply with ease

The bottom line:
This isn't a horrible mascara, and for $5 it did its job. I would not repurchase however due to cons listed.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the only thing that i like about this product is the brush and the effect that it gives me. what i don't like is that it's not waterproof on me! i curl my eyelashes before putting this on and after it dries my eyelashes are not curled anymore! and through out the day it smudges on me after 3-5 hours of wear and i look like i have raccoons eyes!