Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 8/12/2014 2:23:00 AM

Bear in mind that foundation is one of the makeup products that I refuse to buy at a drugstore. I use Makeup Forever HD foundation exclusively. I thought I would give drugstore foundation one more chance. So I bought it when Rimmel first rebranded it and it was a "new" product on the shelves. I only bought it because of the rave reviews. Wish I didn't. I haven't used it since. I gave it a shot maybe 5 times.

Even when mixed with my stila all over shimmer luminizer and with my face highlighted, contoured, etc. my face still looks dead. It is way too matte and lifeless. I guess it works if you have oily skin but my skin is normal. It doesn't seem to sit on my face and accentuate my pores like other drugstore foundations. So it just sits in the basket in my cabinet along with my other drugstore purchase regrets.

on 8/10/2014 10:08:00 PM

So I live in Texas, which is known for being pretty humid, at least in the Houston area.. my nose gets oily while my forehead is more dry and cheeks are normal. At first i really liked this product, because it didn't feel greasy like my last foundation but after the second use i knew this was not the product for me. It was way to dry to blend easily (i guess i like more of a liquidy foundation) and it made my slightly dry forehead look like i hadn't ever used moisturizer and was a flaky desert mess, my nose however was finally non-oily but instead looked like I had caked powder on it... I guess im off looking for the "perfect foundation". The reason i gave it two stars instead of one was because the actual color matched my light skin tone quite nicely

on 8/9/2014 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At first I loved this foundation because the shade suited me perfectly and it didn't look cakey on my skin.But after a couple of uses, I found it started to accentuate all of the dry patches on my skin.Not a good look.I think it was my own fault because I should have known that a matte foundation wouldn't be suitable for dry skin.If you have oily skin this would probably work well on your skin.The price was also quite good,I got it for €7.95.

Really really love this foundation!! Saw it at the Drugstore a few months ago and actually thought the coverage would be closer to that of a bb cream, however, it is full coverage which is great for my skin because I have acne and scarring! This covers it up greatly!! I recently bought the primer in the Stay Matte line at love it as well and it helps it to stay perfect all day! Can become cakey throughout the day so halfway through the day I'll use an oil blotting sheet or a kleenex in order to get any excess of my face, it tends to build up most around my nose! Prior to this I used the newest Covergirl foundation, the one with the primer built in!? And I like this Rimmel one much more! Cheaper and a fuller coverage! The only thing I'm not so much a fan of is that the product is in a tube, as I grew used to having the pump with Covergirl foundation I was using! But for the price, I'll take it! I've repurchased two times (once in a darker shade) for the low price of around $5 Canadian! Does not oxidize, and along with primer and powder in this line my makeup lasts all day! Definitely recommend!

on 8/8/2014 2:18:00 AM

This has become one of my favorite foundations after only using it for a week or so. It has really pale shades that dont oxidize, which is a major plus. I feel like it just blends into my skin and makes it looks flawless.

on 8/7/2014 10:51:00 PM

wow my mistake to trying this! although I have very dry skin, in the summer I get very oily which is weird but hey skin changes a lot. anywho this was absolutly awful- and I'm not exaggerating this was way to cakey and thick and accuanted my pores and under the skin zits or any type of bump in my skin. you get a good amount of product for the price but its not worth it...the shade range was also very limited and the lightest shade was to pink. regret buying would not repurchase.

on 8/7/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Price: super cheap! Around 7$ Shade: "402 Bronze" >> this is the darkest shade! Which is a lil dark to me! But still looking natural! How I apply it? The really nice application for this foundation is to dap it with the beauty blender or a sponge!!!! Looks sooooo natural on the skin that way!! But I mix it with my rimmel London bb cream "the matte one" And I loved it!!! Coverage: medium to full but you can't build it! It has no SPF :( And I love to use it in my night time makeup! It's perfect!!!! Gets super oily on me after 6 hours

on 8/6/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

FIRST IMPRESSION:I will never buy revlon colorstay after using this... It is cheap $5 & works just as good as colorstay if not better. Def my new HG foundation hope it doesn't get discontinued!!

UPDATE: i have been wearing this for the past 2-3 weeks & i habe never seen my nose so oily after just 2-3 hours of wearing it and also a few breakouts around my nose and jawline...it is worth to spend a few extra bucks on a foundation that will not do this...i just went out today and bought my HG foundation Revlon colorstay i will not waste my time on cheap alternatives again! i am going to try this as an under eye concealee but if that doesn't work then it is going in the trrash.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this product! I've bought it three times and I actually just purchased the primer from the same stay matte brand.

I found a really nice colour for my skin tone ( ivory.) This is the only foundation I've used that actually doesn't make my skin look orange and it's really light. The con of this side is that I don't think there are many colours to choose from. I think I saw maybe six different shades. I got lucky finding one so good.

Every other time I've bought foundation it's been in a glass bottle so the packaging was much better in this tube. It lasted a fairly long time, about three weeks, which was nice. This product isn't exactly cheap, not quality wise but money, though I wouldn't say it's expensive. If it was any more I may have hesitated buying it the first time. Now that I've used it, I know that I personally love and recommend this product.

This foundation seemed to blend pretty well around my jawline and hairline without making it look like I'm wearing a mask. I would say that it does look a little cakey if i don't blend it out which is a con. It takes awhile to make sure that it looks good with blending but the overall look is great.

The texture of this product is really nice! It's not all liquidy compared to say the cover girl ready set gorgeous foundation which is a kind I used when the rimmel London stay matte liquid mousse foundation was not in stock.

As I said before, this product is not available most of the time I go to the store which is a pro and con both. It's sold out a lot which is annoying but that does mean that it must be a popular drugstore product that people like.

I can't really find a pro to go with this con so here's the deal breaker for some of you. Keep in mind I hadn't been wearing face primer which helps it last longer but this foundation does NOT last all day. It may be just my skin type ( which is super oily) or maybe it's that I sweat as though I'm running a marathon. I set this foundation with a powder and all that jazz but sadly no matter what I do it seems to just melt off as the day goes on. I don't even live in a place where it's hot all year round. In fact it's only hot for like two months so even in the cold winter months it doesn't last.

The last thing I'm going to mention is that my skin is shiny, I'm sure you figured that when I said it was oily, so when I use this product I really feel that it makes it look non shiny. When I sweat like in gym class it goes back to it's normal state. If I'm just going into town or the movies then it keeps my skin the way I like it but also really flawless. I don't have bad acne, I get a pimple here and there especially around my nose (which is where I sweat) so this may be different for anyone else trying this product but I don't think I get any more pimples if I wear this or not. My best friend has horrible acne and she uses this stuff too without noticing a change if she wears this foundation or not.

All in all I recommend this foundation. It works well considering it's no expensive Mac product and just drugstore makeup.

on 8/4/2014 11:32:00 AM

I have very sensitive dry skin, and I took a big chance in trying this product. I am very pleased with the consistency of the foundation, it goes on smooth, isn't tacky or drying at all nor does my face feel greasy or oily. It gives great coverage as well. Overall, I am very pleased with the product and plan to buy it again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials