August 23, 2014 | 1815 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by niffun

I am currently in the midst of an awful breakout from this foundation. From using it only TWICE! My face is inflamed, red, pustule, and ALL over my face. It's driving me crazy and it's because of this foundation. Do NOT use this foundation if you have trouble with foundations or you have sensitive acne-prone skin. UGH.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by bevinc123

I sworn off all Rimmel products after using their bronzer because I was just feeling like they were cheap and not worth it. I tried this because of how cheap it was and thought the color blended well on my hand. I LOVE THIS. The coverage is full and evens out your skin tone. It looks amazing with bronzer and blush over it. Plus I don't think it has contributed to any break outs, because I get cystic type acne on my jaw line. I think the package is petite and cute and yes, I'd definitely buy again- I just may need get a darker shade for the summer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by tuejjlaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is amazing! I have tried and worn a few in my time but so far I haven't tried one that would offer such good coverage, actual matte finish and good lasting power, never mind at this price.

There are a few considerations for those of us with oily skin, though -- at least for me primer or another oil-control product is a must with everything, Liquid Mousse included, because otherwise it will just slide off my face, and accentuate dry and flaky patches. With primer, though, I got several hours of wear off this foundation, and not much less without primer.

I love that you don't necessarily need powder or concealer with this foundation because it provides such good coverage and instant matte finish, because that's two steps less in yur makeup routine and I do love products that make it quick and easy. I found that adding powder on top, even just a little to set it, made it look cakey and didn't help with lasting so I just skip it now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since 1983 I've been trying and buying any foundation I can get my hands on that is oil-free. Anyone remember the old Maybelline Shine Free Foundation? Yeah, well that like Reagan went out with the eighties. Now however, seems that the technology is much better and all of the modern foundations I have tried are good, but none seem to "mattify" the skin with that dewy, but velvet smooth look. I was sceptical when I tried this one and am actually very pleasantly surprised. This foundation, coupled with the matching primer is the bomb for any skin that has any extra oiliness at all. With this, I don't have to touch up during the day and it makes my light normal-oily skin just glow. The only drawback is that there is no spf, but other than that, the beautiful and flawless finish that this delivers makes up for the lack of sunscreen ( I just whisk on my Olay spf 30 and I'm good to go). I LOVE this stuff and hope that they never discontinue it. I also use the matching powder as well which really controls oil well, but doesn't come with a brush nor a puff. Small price to pay however, for flawless, oil-free skin. Highly recommend. Love the purse friendly easy-to-use tube too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I use it on a daily basis with my Real Techniques face expert brush. I am usually an NC 20-25 skin and I'm in the shade 103 Light ivory.

It doesn't oxidise on me (CG outlast did, a lot), and it smells kind of like a cake (in my opinion). On normal skin, it doesn't look cakey at all and does not emphasise pores. This foundation also stays on for a long time (about 8 hours on me)

One con to this foundation is that it may look cakey on dry areas/patches but can easily be fixed with a mist of MAC fix+ or to moisturise beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cilla2229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! I have dry-ish skin with mild rosacea on my checks, nose and chin. It does not increase my dryness and covers my redness like a dream! I wear a light BB or primer to help smooth things out underneath, then a light dusting of my Cover FX loose powder and I'm set for hours. Also doesn't cause any flares to my rosacea, which I truly appreciate. An excellent option for a fuller coverage foundation that doesn't break the bank! (It's like $5!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sofisticationn

Wow. I am totally impressed by this drugstore foundation. This is great for DRY SKIN! Pair it with porefessional by benefit and blend it out with real techniques expert face brush. Lightly set it and then forget it. I wore it yesterday from 5AM to 7PM and it stayed looking amazing. Rimmel PLEASE DON'T DISCONTINUE THIS AMAZING FOUNDATION.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by roxyower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok let me start by saying that at first I HATED it. Almost threw it away. Set it aside forever. Then I started working longer shifts at work and my makeup I was using just wasn't working and recently my skin has started getting so oily. I was desperately looking for something that lasted longer. I was going to go with Estée Lauder double wear but was advised to go try dermablend. I got a sample and I loved it! But my sample was running out so I remembered the rimmel stay matte was the same consistency. I decided to try it ONE more time using the same technique I was using with the dermablend: prime with rimmel stay matte primer, apply foundation (USING DAMP REAL TECHNIQUES SPONGE), then set with rimmel stay matte powder. I worked for 8 hours today and I only blotted once and didn't hardly need to repowder! It was and even better combo than the dermablend, covergirl three in one, l'oreal infallible, etc. DREAM COMBO! Do yourself a favor, before you throw it out cuz it looks terrible with any other application, go ahead and apply w a damp beauty sponge. You will love the matte and light but full coverage!! I'm a convert. Thanks you rimmel for helping my 10 hour days not be extra miserable because I feel ugly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I surprised at the average rating of this foundation! I had this in the past in shade biscuit, and also recently received a sample. Can't remember which shade the sample was but i have VERY fair skin and both were OK shade wise. I compared this with maybelline dream matte mousse foundation which doesn't seem to be on here although maybe its called something else in America. I was surprised the maybelline foundations weren't rated well as they sell well in england and quite a few people think they're good. Anyway, it provides pretty good coverage although the sample i received seemed to end up with a slightly greyish tint... OK that's not good.I think it was the ivory shade. It didnt go on as smoothly as the maybelline mouse either. Maybe would be better with a primer underneath. After i left it for a bit it did actually end up staying put and covering reddish areas and undereye dark circles better than maybelline but I preferred the maybelline as it just went on better. I have quite a lot of spots, uneven skin tone, large pores over my nose and cheeks and fine wrinkles now. It did cover these. It didn't feel as soft as maybelline to the touch which is something I liked about that one. I haven tried many foundations out there and this did provide good coverage and I couldn't really tell I was wearing it by the feel. It did cake a bit on large spots and forehead where I'm starting to get wrinkles but its fairly cheap so wouldn't expect much better. I can only compare it to the maybelline really. If it was an emergency would I buy it again? Probably not. If I had no other choice and needed a foundation desperately? Yes. Out of choice? No. I'm working on finding a foundation that's right for me but not found it yet. For years I've tried every treatment for my acne but to little avail so will be on a foundation search but they're not cheap. If you dint have many flaws to cover up its probably OK.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got this as a sample size in the newly formulated mousse format and even though it's only about 5.99GBP I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for it. This is a nice enough foundation if you want a really heavy coverage, but if you're looking for a more natural look I would avoid it.

This is very, very thick and as a result a little goes a l-o-n-g way. On first application I made the mistake of applying this like my more lightweight foundations and noticed the mistake straight away - more mask than makeup! Plus I would have to agree with others here - this isn't for people with oily skin. After a few hours my t-zone, particularly my forehead, were far more oily than usual.

After trying this a few times I've taken to using it as a spot concealer instead, which it does a pretty good job of. I wouldn't use it under the eyes though as this sits in even the smallest of lines and cakes quite badly too.