Essie Fiji

3.5

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is my favorite Essie shade. It's a very pale cool toned baby pink. It's opaque and really stands out against my tan skin. I love it.

on 11/28/2011 4:58:00 PM

I love this nail polish! The color is absoloutley beautiful:) This is the perfect baby pink that I've been looking for. It does take about 3-4 coats to get the right look, but it's worth it to me. It's pretty expensive for a nail polish, I think I paid $8 for it at walmart. It is good quality though. It lasts pretty long without chipping. It definitely has more staying power than most nail polishes. It's amazing:)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this is my favorite nail polish ever. It's really milky and almost jelly-like. It evens out very well, so if something accidentally touches it while it's still wet, it'll level out. It's a tiny bit streaky, but it's very opaque at the same time. By the second coat, everything is perfect. Like most Essie polishes, these, with a topcoat, are resistant to chipping.

this is a beautiful colour every girl should have a pale pink polish, but the bad side about it it that it takes alot of coats to get a opaque colour

on 9/10/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Fiji is soooo pretty. it's the perfect pale, opaque & cool toned pink for me. something about the color matches my skin tone really well & i get compliments when i wear this shade. I've accepted that it NEEDS 4 coats to look good--def not a color to apply when you're in a hurry. it's worth the extra time to me though. wouldn't hate it if essie reformulated so that it would look good with 2 coats or even 3... but i just love the color. it's THAT pretty lol

on 8/28/2011 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I just ran out of my go-to pale pink nail polish (LÓreal) and I decided to try something new. I adore Essies pinks, they are just adorable; but I did have a bit of a fight applying this.

I glopped on too much at a time and to my surpirse it was bubble city. I've never actaully even seen a bubble problem before but a lovely MakeupAlley lady told me I was gloppy and to tried thin, multiple coats.

I applied FOUR super thin coats (over a base)...all of which look stripey, till finally the end result is perfection. My drying time inbetween was about five minutes each, the I really avoided touching anything for about half an hour. It's alot of time to commit to drying, but I was already watching a movie so who cares. I've been wearing it for 7 days and it still looks like I got it done at the salon this morning. So far no chipping and my nails chip like they invented it.

I will definetly buy more because while the colours arn't exactly ground breaking, they are beautiful. I took one lipstick off becasue in Canada these badboys can run you $14+ which is NUTZO!

on 8/27/2011 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's a good thing this was part of the "buy 2, get 1 free" Essie promo at Beauty Brands because I'd be upset if I paid retail for this streaky mess! One of the worst pink polishes I've ever tried. Did one nail and threw it out. Awful

on 8/26/2011 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this color but it is so streaky! The end result is not worth the $8 bucks for me. Wish the color payoff was a alot more otherwise I would have no problems with it.

on 8/24/2011 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Fiji is a gorgeous color! It's the most toned down color I own(I LOVE bright blues) but it's a polish I reach for daily. The formula was okay. It was a little thin and streaky but it was hidden when i wore it since I layered another polish on top. It does take a while for it to dry but dunking your nails in a bowl of cold water speeds up the drying process.

on 8/20/2011 11:25:00 PM

I really love this color, but the formula is very weird. And I have a few other colors from Essie that are streaky just like this one is, so I think Essie just doesn't work for me. shame :(

Popular Polishes