September 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have been looking for a nice white/cream/pink opaque polish for a while now. I read the bad reviews for this and heard that this is streaky and for some reason I thought I could be that one to make it work since I was in love with the shade. Well,... I couldn't get this the look good. I had to keep removing it and starting over again,it just seemed like whatever I did it was so streaky and hard to work with. I want my 8.99 back lol The color is gorg but the formula is not right idk if it's to thick and gooey to make it opaque. something isn't right with it. I have other essie polishes that are great..so its not Essie in general. it is that they were unsuccessful with making a opaque cream pink color and should have not even put this out to the public.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by jennievu92

I loveloveLOVE this color! It is the perfect clean, classic, and girly nail polish color! The application can be quite frustrating though. The first coat is extremely streaky, but then it'll even out by the 2nd or 3rd coat. Oh well, I love this color so much I don't even care! This pale pink is a must have in your collection!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by wareagle08

I really like this color. It is NOT that hard to apply. Its very opaque with a similar consistency to french affair and borrowed and blue. I just start by making a line at the cuticle and pull up. I havent even been painting my nails very long to be honest. Two coats and I have perfect nails, no streaking whatsoever. Compared to french affair it is more pink, none of the lavender tinge and a bit lighter. Really love it, 3-4 days with no chipping too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this polish; probably one of my favorite of all time! This is my go to polish if I want a neat and polished look that is feminine and will suit whatever I wear. I used to lean towards more sheer polishes, but I love the opacity of this. I generally apply ~2-3 coats which will last me a bit over a week in staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, I was on a hunt for a color to french paint my nails with. I have OPI's Alpine Snow, so I was going to try it (for the first time, mind you)

In the store, I looked at the pale pink polishes. It came down to this, and Rimmel's pale pink. When I opened them to look at the brushes, Rimmel's was bigger and more what I liked. However, it looked very sheer and extremely drippy in the bottle. Essie's brush was tiny, but the polish looked thick and opaque.

So, I picked it up, without bothering to look at the price. 7 dollars for a bottle of nailpolish!? That's absurd. However, I reluctantly handed over the money, and grumbled that it better be good.

I love the color on me. It's a sweet pale pink, that's very pastel. I'm a very, very pale woman, and this made my hands look very elegant. Application was no worse than OPI and the quality of the brush, though small, is far superior. It didn't streak that badly on me, but I did use three coats along with a top of Sech Vite. Would I say it's extraordinary? No, not really.

But it's not bad at all. Definitely better than 3-4 dollar polishes, and regular drugstore polishes. However, I'd 7 is a bit too much. I could buy two bottles of fun color for that!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by monparapluie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fiji is a strong pale pink and is very striking on tanned skin. The formula applies streaky on the first coat. You think the outcome is going to suck. But after the second coat, you get a solid finish, and it lasts a good 4-5 days before signs of chipping and wear for me (I am constantly typing throughout the day).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Fiji is a pretty opaque pink shade that I wear only on my feet in the summer when Im super tan. It's not my favorite color, pinks in general Im not crazy about, I like corals, reds and certain shades of peach colors. Fiji is one of those colors that gets boaring to me and I can't wear it for more than 4-5 days.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very dissapointed by this. I had to apply three coats and my nails were still still streaky. This also brought out all of the imperfections in my nails. I think this is one of those nail polishes that would look much better if you have nails in excellent condition or if you are getting them professionally done.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by myohmy

usually love essie and this color is a pale pink but the formula is not what I am used to getting for essie. Usually I can do with one coat but with this np, even with a thick coat, it is streaky and uneven. Not worth paying 8.00 for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by CocoPinkXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So beautiful. Fiji is a pale white-pink like the color of pale pink sand on a gorgeous beach. It applies perfect in 2-3 coats, dries in seconds, and lasts without chipping for almost a week. I <3 it.