April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by myohmy

usually love essie and this color is a pale pink but the formula is not what I am used to getting for essie. Usually I can do with one coat but with this np, even with a thick coat, it is streaky and uneven. Not worth paying 8.00 for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by CocoPinkXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So beautiful. Fiji is a pale white-pink like the color of pale pink sand on a gorgeous beach. It applies perfect in 2-3 coats, dries in seconds, and lasts without chipping for almost a week. I <3 it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by emilycaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is simply the best baby pink colour I've stumbled across. As others did, I found the application to be quite tricky. It needed multiple coats, and was very hard to get an even coat. I found the brush to be too small, so I took an old nailpolish I never wear anymore that had a thick brush, and rinsed the nailpolish off the brush. I also let it sit in a dixie cup of nail polish remover to fully remove the polish. Once the brush was dry, I used that brush to apply the nailpolish. PROBLEM SOLVED! As long as I had enough on the brush to do the complete nail (no second dipping) then the application went on very smooth! Very satisfied with the product, however, the brush.. not so much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I really love this color and if the formula didn't suck, this would have to be my favorite baby pink nail polish. Essie has many baby pink shades but most are sheer, and this one looks opaque in the bottle so I was super excited to wear this. However.... The polish literally clumps with every stroke. I swear it's the strangest thing. The first time I wore it I was completely pissed and planned on returning it. But I kept forgetting to and eventually I ended up trying it again and it is currently the shade on my nails as I was very careful and used three coats of polish and a shiny top coat and it looks pretty good. I wish it were easier to achieve and I will definitely continue looking for something of the same shade that is lower maintenance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ingrid88

This shade is absolutely beautiful!!! It's so understated but so classy and feminine. I loveeeeee!!! My only gripe is it's pretty streaky to apply and it's tricky to get an even coat on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this color. It reminds me of opi's mod about you but much more wearable, I think this has more pink to it. The application was alright I needed 2 coats.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the same issues with this as I do with Orly Kiss The Bride. They both look like a completely different colour on the nails (almost white, with no real detectable pink) and both take many coats to even out. They both apply so/so to the fingernails with many thin coats (though time consuming) but not very well to the toenails, and I much prefer the colour on my hands, which is unfortunate because I usually like my fingers and toes to match. I haven't worn either of them for long enough to comment on the wear, since I haven't had the patience to fuss with them. So for those reasons, I'm giving both a low rating.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by SweetTartx3

love love love the color but it is such a pain putting this. need like 3 coats to get the perfect color. Many coats=nail polish pealing off. and after like 2 days i start seeing black lines on my nails cause by the pealing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by HoneyXOXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shade. It's a pale baby pink and is slightly cool, not warm and is very opaque. It covers in 2 coats and is amazing just like most Essie polishes. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fun, girly color for spring and summer! It is an opaque baby pink with a creme finish. It is difficult to apply, but I've worn white nail polish a lot (which often gets streaky), so I guess I have had some experience. I can get it to look decent with 2 thick coats, but 3 is best. I don't usually do thick coats, but these pastel Essie polishes actually will even themselves out and don't set too quickly so I put a thick layer on and use a light hand with the brush. I use the same technique with "Absolutely Shore."

Price is a little on the higher side, but typical for "salon" brands.