July 28, 2014 | 2180 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, I was on a hunt for a color to french paint my nails with. I have OPI's Alpine Snow, so I was going to try it (for the first time, mind you)

In the store, I looked at the pale pink polishes. It came down to this, and Rimmel's pale pink. When I opened them to look at the brushes, Rimmel's was bigger and more what I liked. However, it looked very sheer and extremely drippy in the bottle. Essie's brush was tiny, but the polish looked thick and opaque.

So, I picked it up, without bothering to look at the price. 7 dollars for a bottle of nailpolish!? That's absurd. However, I reluctantly handed over the money, and grumbled that it better be good.

I love the color on me. It's a sweet pale pink, that's very pastel. I'm a very, very pale woman, and this made my hands look very elegant. Application was no worse than OPI and the quality of the brush, though small, is far superior. It didn't streak that badly on me, but I did use three coats along with a top of Sech Vite. Would I say it's extraordinary? No, not really.

But it's not bad at all. Definitely better than 3-4 dollar polishes, and regular drugstore polishes. However, I'd 7 is a bit too much. I could buy two bottles of fun color for that!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by monparapluie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fiji is a strong pale pink and is very striking on tanned skin. The formula applies streaky on the first coat. You think the outcome is going to suck. But after the second coat, you get a solid finish, and it lasts a good 4-5 days before signs of chipping and wear for me (I am constantly typing throughout the day).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Fiji is a pretty opaque pink shade that I wear only on my feet in the summer when Im super tan. It's not my favorite color, pinks in general Im not crazy about, I like corals, reds and certain shades of peach colors. Fiji is one of those colors that gets boaring to me and I can't wear it for more than 4-5 days.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very dissapointed by this. I had to apply three coats and my nails were still still streaky. This also brought out all of the imperfections in my nails. I think this is one of those nail polishes that would look much better if you have nails in excellent condition or if you are getting them professionally done.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by myohmy

usually love essie and this color is a pale pink but the formula is not what I am used to getting for essie. Usually I can do with one coat but with this np, even with a thick coat, it is streaky and uneven. Not worth paying 8.00 for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by CocoPinkXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So beautiful. Fiji is a pale white-pink like the color of pale pink sand on a gorgeous beach. It applies perfect in 2-3 coats, dries in seconds, and lasts without chipping for almost a week. I <3 it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by emilycaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is simply the best baby pink colour I've stumbled across. As others did, I found the application to be quite tricky. It needed multiple coats, and was very hard to get an even coat. I found the brush to be too small, so I took an old nailpolish I never wear anymore that had a thick brush, and rinsed the nailpolish off the brush. I also let it sit in a dixie cup of nail polish remover to fully remove the polish. Once the brush was dry, I used that brush to apply the nailpolish. PROBLEM SOLVED! As long as I had enough on the brush to do the complete nail (no second dipping) then the application went on very smooth! Very satisfied with the product, however, the brush.. not so much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I really love this color and if the formula didn't suck, this would have to be my favorite baby pink nail polish. Essie has many baby pink shades but most are sheer, and this one looks opaque in the bottle so I was super excited to wear this. However.... The polish literally clumps with every stroke. I swear it's the strangest thing. The first time I wore it I was completely pissed and planned on returning it. But I kept forgetting to and eventually I ended up trying it again and it is currently the shade on my nails as I was very careful and used three coats of polish and a shiny top coat and it looks pretty good. I wish it were easier to achieve and I will definitely continue looking for something of the same shade that is lower maintenance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ingrid88

This shade is absolutely beautiful!!! It's so understated but so classy and feminine. I loveeeeee!!! My only gripe is it's pretty streaky to apply and it's tricky to get an even coat on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this color. It reminds me of opi's mod about you but much more wearable, I think this has more pink to it. The application was alright I needed 2 coats.