NYX Lipstick- #529 Thalia

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/30/2010 11:24:00 PM

First of all I am a HUGE NYX fan. From the packaging to the product itseld, NYX is hands-down the best 'drugstore' makeup line. I rank NYX up there with Benefit and Too Faced as far as quality goes. With that being said, Thalia is one of the nicest lipstick shades.Besides Circe, it's my next fave NYX shade.
I find it very flattering, and looks even better with a gloss combo. It's a nice, creamy formula and a shade that's very close to my natural lips. I will always be partial to a nude/natural lip with a smokey eye and Thalia is definitely a great shade to compliment that look.

on 11/17/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I didn't have a lot of expectations for this lippie, but I had to try it out based on the raves. I like either bright lips or no lips at all. I HATE gloss and rarely wear lipstick because 1) my natural lips are very pink 2) I eat off the lipstick, I am a chronic lip smacker.

I ordered this online with other NYX lipsticks, and I knew it would be hit or miss, but it is ok because they are ONE DOLLAR. I bought 6 and 2 of them are no good (circe & B52) but I don't mind, it's $2.

Thalia is really pigmented as all of the round lippies, but with a thin texture which I like. It is a good color for my lips when I want to tone them down. This is at least a couple of shades lighter than my own lips, but it looks soft & pretty not casper-like.

I am C40/ Nars SG Stromboli for reference with very olive skin & black hair.

on 10/16/2010 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This color is a true MLBB lipstick. It is very creamy, and a great fall plum color that is just subtle on my pigmented lips. I think its wears nicely, but the packaging did break on me, but I wasnt really disturbed by that fact because I only paid like 3.50 for it at ULTA. NYX has some really good finds !

on 10/16/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

EDIT 6.5.12: The soapy floral scent and bitter taste has led me to get rid of this product.

I have been looking for a good nude/Blankety dupe for a few months. This mauve shade is def MLBB (a FIRST for me) and I can throw it on without a mirror- HUGE BONUS. The price is dirt cheap and product quality is excellent. Feels like a balm, minimal scent. Lasting power was pretty bad, slides off the lips.

If you're a DDD like me looking for a great nude, this may be a bit pink. I don't feel this looks like Blankety on me but it does on others. An overall beautiful color,

on 9/28/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

The pictures show a pinkish shade but its more like muave-rose. It's quite pretty but I think it helps if your lips are already pigmented to balance it out so it won't look too purple/greyish. I give it a 3.5! ;)

on 9/26/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This color is awful! Both the color itself and the finish just make for a bad lipstick. The color is far too dark for my lighter than NW15 skin. It's a brownish pink and looks muddy on my lips.

The formula is decent, since it applies very smooth and creamy, and I like that it's not pearly or glittery.

on 9/25/2010 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LSS 529 Thalia:
Initial review: a matte lipstick. Many reviews suggest this lipstick colour. On me, it does not look that great. It looks like a boring dull pink on my lips. I still wear it, however, I usually pair it with a pinker lipgloss such as elf's pink kiss or elf's malt shake. I find it looks good when placing Nyx's Strawberry Milk. I will not repurchase. Very creamy in consistency though. Everyday colour to pair with neutral shades for daytime wear.

After some time I tried this lipstick on its own, and I have to admit, I changed my mind. It looks gorgeous as a daytime lipstick. It is not one of my favourites and still don't think I'll repurchase. But I think I'll manage to finish the tube one day because I sort of like it.

on 9/24/2010 6:45:00 AM

Nothing wrong with the lipstick. Only, the colour does not work with my complexion. I guess I have some yellow undertones (Estee Lauder 4W1.Shell Beige) that do not match this too pink lipstick. Other pinks work fine, though.

on 9/3/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I just received this in the mail in my Cherry Culture order and I was so scared because in every swatch I've seen online this lipstick looks so different. However as soon as I put it on I fell in love! This looks like a nice deep pink on me, I guess you'd say a "dusty rose" as I've seen stated on here previously. I'm cool toned, so maybe that's why it works. I don't wear MAC foundations so I can't really give a reference to my skintone. I do wear Photoready in Cappuccino, if that helps and I guess I would be a lighter NW45.

on 8/28/2010 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a perfect example of how different lipsticks can look on different people. At first swipe I thought this could be a MLBB for me... but then I took a closer look and realized that it looked TERRIBLE! For me (cool almost neutral skintone, pretty fair) it looked like a sort of dusty rose shade but with LOTS of brown undertones. It just looked... bad on me. As always though with NYX lipsticks the texture was smooth and creamy and the pigmentation was amazing, it's just too bad it was the wrong pigment for me! I'll keep searching for the right NYX Round Lipstick for me because it isn't this one.

Popular Lipsticks