November 29, 2014 | 1305 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been my HG perfume for over a decade. No matter what I try, I always come back to this one. DH loves this, it's his favorite too. Here are the notes (thanks for the help from the fragrance board):

Imaginary Floral: Honeysuckle, Water Lily, Magnolia
Fruity: Mandarin, Passion Fruit
Fresh:Italian Citron
Timeless Floral:Egyptian Jasmine, May Rose
Oriental:Bourbon Vanilla

I will add that for some reason I'm allergic to the EDP, as in sneezing my head off but don't have a problem at all with the EDT. Not sure the difference. Good news is that the EDT has awesome staying power on me too.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by rebeccacribb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I second ninamichaela's review below. For me, this is migraine in a bottle! I can't even describe how it smells because of the pain I was in, just very sharp but somehow overwhelmingly floral at the same time. This is for the EDT version though, so I am curious if the parfum is better, because I do actually like the scent when I smell it while it's in the bottle. It's only when I spray it that it turns into something else, even if I only spray it in the room (I put some in a small spray bottle I had). The packaging is horrible. Why would you not have an EDT in a spray bottle? Like other Chanel fragrances, this will last all day and all night and possibly all week. LOL I had serious trouble getting this stuff off of me, even after a shower and a serious scrub! I do like other Chanel scents, like Coco Chanel and Chanel No. 5, so it's just this one that does me in.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by yoca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

IMHO the EDP is hands down better than the EDT version. More grounded, mellower, way more balanced than the -verysharp- EDT. Moreover, it doesn't have that ("off") cold and metallic (vetyver?) note so typical of Chanel perfumes.

This is less flowery and aldehydic than the EDT. It's basically built around the vanilla note and it does not have so many facets. I would say it's more on the simple side. However, I had never encoutered such a refined, subtle, elegant interpretation of vanilla before. Hypnotic poison, even though delicious is too loud and overwhelming on me. Same for Shalimar. Gourmet , sweet dessert- vanillas are not my thing either . Allure's vanilla note is just perfection. Not too sweet, not too bland. Elegant and classic, breathable and addictive yet so very cozy and warm as a cashmere scarf.
Really beautiful.

EDIT: Well, I had to take a lippie off. The staying power is not so great despite being an EDP. Besides, there's a cola note that develop on my skin in a very unpleasant way. Still a beautiful perfume though.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ninamichaela

This review is for Allure EDT.

First it comes in a bottle with no spray.
Second, this will give you the worst headache.
No development at all. Just headache for hours.

Chanel, if you haven't already. Please discontinue this one.
Such a shame.

I see neon lights whenever I put this on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by karlayvonne

i really like this perfume but i prefer to wear it in the evenings.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdwardCullen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this scent!!! Although it is a considerably expensive fragance, it lasts a long time and smells AMAZING!!! It's feminine yet really fresh and sweet!!! I think this product is a wise investment and this will last me a COUPLE OF YEARS!!! YAY! Will most definately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very fresh yet soft and feminine perfume. I wore this for about 4 or 5 years before converting to Coco Madomoiselle. Brings back special memories everytime I see a review as I purchased this with the large perfumed pressed powder 12 years ago to have in the hospital with me on the birth of my first baby. Not sure if you can purchase the pressed powder anymore but that is a great product - came in a big round container with a big velvety powder puff. Just what I needed for that sweaty labor!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ekma2008

It is the only smell I buy over and over again. It is not heavy on me at all. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Allure!! Admittedly it may be a bit heavy for the spring/summer upcoming months but for fall & winter it's a lovely scent. I layer it on with shower gel/lotion/eau de toilette and it lasts all day long! It's not too overbearing on me and gives off that warm, sexy scent that I love. My DH loves it and he wears Allure for men which I love so it's very well suited for both of us! I get lots of compliments on this and it has become my signature scent for the winter months. I wear it all day - at work too, and it doesn't seem to be too strong. I can smell a whiff of it when I move around alot and it makes me happy to smell it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Schnarpsel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells old-fashioned in an old lady kind of way. I sigh inwardly every time one of my friends is wearing it because I find it makes her smell 10 years older than she actually is. Do not like it.