Chanel Allure for women

on 6/1/2009 3:18:00 PM

Soft feminine, powdery frangrance with no headache and not offensive...love it..been wearing it for years

on 5/27/2009 9:53:00 PM

Honestly, I've found that all Chanel fragrances I've tried make me smell like a grandma. A fashionable grandma, perhaps, but still. I thought Allure would be different. It's been marketed as a sensual and sexy perfume, elegant, and sophisticated. With only a slight spritz, I certainly don't feel sensual or sexy, though I do feel quite a bit older. It is a classic scent, but with my chemistry it does not work at all.

on 5/27/2009 12:24:00 PM

My favourite perfume! A really lady's perfume, it becomes a light and fresh on me after some hours (it actually changes totally - that's so weird, I actually thought that it was somebody else's perfume, but I realized that it was my Allure). The lasting power is ok, but I wish it lasted longer - I don't generally find the Chanel perfumes very long lasting - at least on me.

on 5/15/2009 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Nice soapy clean fragrance that will make you feel like sexy lady. Great for the little black dress moments, not for summer time. I received this as a gift, whenever I wear it I feel like a sophisticated women. Its a serious fragrance, but a whimsical one.

on 4/29/2009 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This has been my HG perfume for over a decade. No matter what I try, I always come back to this one. DH loves this, it's his favorite too. Here are the notes (thanks for the help from the fragrance board):

Imaginary Floral: Honeysuckle, Water Lily, Magnolia
Fruity: Mandarin, Passion Fruit
Fresh:Italian Citron
Timeless Floral:Egyptian Jasmine, May Rose
Oriental:Bourbon Vanilla

I will add that for some reason I'm allergic to the EDP, as in sneezing my head off but don't have a problem at all with the EDT. Not sure the difference. Good news is that the EDT has awesome staying power on me too.

on 4/22/2009 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I second ninamichaela's review below. For me, this is migraine in a bottle! I can't even describe how it smells because of the pain I was in, just very sharp but somehow overwhelmingly floral at the same time. This is for the EDT version though, so I am curious if the parfum is better, because I do actually like the scent when I smell it while it's in the bottle. It's only when I spray it that it turns into something else, even if I only spray it in the room (I put some in a small spray bottle I had). The packaging is horrible. Why would you not have an EDT in a spray bottle? Like other Chanel fragrances, this will last all day and all night and possibly all week. LOL I had serious trouble getting this stuff off of me, even after a shower and a serious scrub! I do like other Chanel scents, like Coco Chanel and Chanel No. 5, so it's just this one that does me in.

on 4/22/2009 11:06:00 PM

IMHO the EDP is hands down better than the EDT version. More grounded, mellower, way more balanced than the -verysharp- EDT. Moreover, it doesn't have that ("off") cold and metallic (vetyver?) note so typical of Chanel perfumes.

This is less flowery and aldehydic than the EDT. It's basically built around the vanilla note and it does not have so many facets. I would say it's more on the simple side. However, I had never encoutered such a refined, subtle, elegant interpretation of vanilla before. Hypnotic poison, even though delicious is too loud and overwhelming on me. Same for Shalimar. Gourmet , sweet dessert- vanillas are not my thing either . Allure's vanilla note is just perfection. Not too sweet, not too bland. Elegant and classic, breathable and addictive yet so very cozy and warm as a cashmere scarf.
Really beautiful.

EDIT: Well, I had to take a lippie off. The staying power is not so great despite being an EDP. Besides, there's a cola note that develop on my skin in a very unpleasant way. Still a beautiful perfume though.

on 4/22/2009 3:15:00 PM

This review is for Allure EDT.

First it comes in a bottle with no spray.
Second, this will give you the worst headache.
No development at all. Just headache for hours.

Chanel, if you haven't already. Please discontinue this one.
Such a shame.

I see neon lights whenever I put this on.

on 4/10/2009 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i really like this perfume but i prefer to wear it in the evenings.

I love this scent!!! Although it is a considerably expensive fragance, it lasts a long time and smells AMAZING!!! It's feminine yet really fresh and sweet!!! I think this product is a wise investment and this will last me a COUPLE OF YEARS!!! YAY! Will most definately repurchase!

Popular Fragrances