September 2, 2014 | 1789 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by yoca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

IMHO the EDP is hands down better than the EDT version. More grounded, mellower, way more balanced than the -verysharp- EDT. Moreover, it doesn't have that ("off") cold and metallic (vetyver?) note so typical of Chanel perfumes.

This is less flowery and aldehydic than the EDT. It's basically built around the vanilla note and it does not have so many facets. I would say it's more on the simple side. However, I had never encoutered such a refined, subtle, elegant interpretation of vanilla before. Hypnotic poison, even though delicious is too loud and overwhelming on me. Same for Shalimar. Gourmet , sweet dessert- vanillas are not my thing either . Allure's vanilla note is just perfection. Not too sweet, not too bland. Elegant and classic, breathable and addictive yet so very cozy and warm as a cashmere scarf.
Really beautiful.

EDIT: Well, I had to take a lippie off. The staying power is not so great despite being an EDP. Besides, there's a cola note that develop on my skin in a very unpleasant way. Still a beautiful perfume though.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ninamichaela

This review is for Allure EDT.

First it comes in a bottle with no spray.
Second, this will give you the worst headache.
No development at all. Just headache for hours.

Chanel, if you haven't already. Please discontinue this one.
Such a shame.

I see neon lights whenever I put this on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by karlayvonne

i really like this perfume but i prefer to wear it in the evenings.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdwardCullen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this scent!!! Although it is a considerably expensive fragance, it lasts a long time and smells AMAZING!!! It's feminine yet really fresh and sweet!!! I think this product is a wise investment and this will last me a COUPLE OF YEARS!!! YAY! Will most definately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very fresh yet soft and feminine perfume. I wore this for about 4 or 5 years before converting to Coco Madomoiselle. Brings back special memories everytime I see a review as I purchased this with the large perfumed pressed powder 12 years ago to have in the hospital with me on the birth of my first baby. Not sure if you can purchase the pressed powder anymore but that is a great product - came in a big round container with a big velvety powder puff. Just what I needed for that sweaty labor!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ekma2008

It is the only smell I buy over and over again. It is not heavy on me at all. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Allure!! Admittedly it may be a bit heavy for the spring/summer upcoming months but for fall & winter it's a lovely scent. I layer it on with shower gel/lotion/eau de toilette and it lasts all day long! It's not too overbearing on me and gives off that warm, sexy scent that I love. My DH loves it and he wears Allure for men which I love so it's very well suited for both of us! I get lots of compliments on this and it has become my signature scent for the winter months. I wear it all day - at work too, and it doesn't seem to be too strong. I can smell a whiff of it when I move around alot and it makes me happy to smell it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Schnarpsel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells old-fashioned in an old lady kind of way. I sigh inwardly every time one of my friends is wearing it because I find it makes her smell 10 years older than she actually is. Do not like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Shopper510

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have worn this fragrance since it first came out, and still receive compliments on it. It has become my "Signature" fragrance over the years, and the only one I constantly have in my collection.

It is the only Chanel fragrance that smells good on me. My Mother was a lover of the No.5 perfume, it was her special fragrance and smelled terrific on her, but not at all on me!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by melilla

The first word that comes to mind is "unfriendly." The eau de toilette is a sharp, cold, screaming mess of flowers on me, particularly magnolia. Strong and very long lasting on my skin but it doesn't really develop on me like other Chanel scents do. The eau de parfum and parfum smell smoother and warmer to me but I don't like them any better. They just smell...unfriendly. I love the packaging though.