August 20, 2014 | 993 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You'll be really impressed by this if you've never heard of silicone. Seriously, this is nothing special. All it is is dimethicone you put on your face before makeup. It doesn't perform as well as most silicone based primers either. There are a lot of ingredients that could have been added for anti-aging properties or mattifying...but this is so basic. Basic, basic, basic.

Whoever got people to say this is a dupe for Benefit's Porefessional needs a promotion ASAP. This is nowhere near comparable. The Porefessional actually does a really nice job.

If you're interested in this you should know that you are getting basically the same product (only less) as the famous Monistat chafing powder-gel. For all those saying this is "a steal," hardly. If compared to Smashbox, oh yes, but for almost the same price Monistat gives you get MORE THAN TWICE as much product.

Ingredients:

Maybelline Baby Skin: Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

(Monistat Chafing Powder-Gel: Active Ingredient: Dimethicone (1.2%). Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane.)

Give me a break.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by chinagirl

I was initially sucked in by the cute packaging and low price. Baby Skin worked beautifully in terms of making my skin looked airbrushed; I've got extremely large pores and it gave my skin an airbrushed, porcelain smooth texture but it also made me look shinier than usual (I have exceptionally oily skin). I was bummed but decided to hang onto it. I'd been using Paula's Choice Shine Stopper as a primer and while that helps a tiny bit with oil control (nothing really does very much for me in that regard) it doesn't do much as far as skin texture. On a whim I decided to put a tiny bit of the Baby Skin over the Shine Stopper and it's perfect-I get the benefits of both products. My skin is not any oilier than it usually is and my skin looks airbrushed, even in harsh light.
I should emphasize that I use only the tiniest bit of Baby Skin in proportion to the Shine Stopper as too much Baby Skin would probably grease me up.
If you have normal or dry skin this primer will work well for you on it's own; if you're oily try a tiny bit of it over your regular primer or oil control product and it should work for you. I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by carrylynn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This reminds me of Philosophy's Eye Believe. It seems like its the same consistency, same silky feel. Both have Dimethicone as one of the main ingredients, its used to soften and protect skin. It isn't at all greasy or tacking on me. I swiped a little bit along the bridge of my nose and had to check it three times because I couldn't see the pores on my nose, I was amazed. However it didn't do anything for the ones on my cheeks, I guess they are bigger than the ones on my nose? It held up well throughout the day. I didn't get that oily look mid day that I usually do so that's a plus. I'm going to continue to use this, if anything changes I will post an update.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by lucyzta

I love this stuff. I have oily skin and pretty large pores. It does blur my pores and leaves my skin feeling soft but not greasey. It's necessarily meant to be a primer (it does not say that anywhere on the packaging) but that is what I use it for and it works well for me. It's really cheap too and super adorable packaging. I love picking it up and using it! so cute. Also love that it's a tube and not a pot, feels more hygienic than the loreal pot primer I have been using. I definitely would repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited because I heard that this was a dupe for benefit’s face primer. I hadn't tried benefit's primer until afterwards, and let me tell you- they are NOTHING alike. Just based on visual appearance they are polar opposites. The benefit primer is tinted and creamy, while the Maybelline version is clear and gel-like.
But I know products can look different and still act the same, so I tried them both. Benefit made my skin feel silky and perfect, it was a beautiful feeling. Maybelline made my skin feel oily and dirty.
The biggest down side to this product is how it made my makeup look throughout the day... I've used many primers before- too faced, smashbox, nyx, pixi and Revlon. This is the first one to make my makeup roll of of my face. And I mean roll.
My makeup broke down and "pilled" of of my face when using this product. I'm so mad and disappointed. At least it wasn't that much money lost.
Only getting a two because of packaging and price. The product toss crap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ngdmfw

I don't think this is as good as other drug store primers out there!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by sunny899

Was excited to try this product after reading so many positive reviews but was extremely disappointed with it. It makes foundation / bb cream literally melt off my face-doesn't sit well with me. Did not "blur" any pores..didn't do anything except spoil my make-up :( never mind

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lovepink3184

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use the Smashbox Primer, but discovering this new product, I now have a new fave. I find that my foundation stays on a lot longer with this on. I have dry skin and with this on my face it has been amazing. I don't see any dry spots on my face when I have this product on, even when I keep my makeup on all day. I'm loving it so far and would definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Beautynbullets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This kind of reminds me of the Smashbox primer, only that worked. This is like putting silicone on your face, I dont think its any better than Benefit's porefector. BUT if I had nothing left and it was the only thing in my makeup drawer I'd use it, I wouldn't rush to the store to buy it again though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by xbethx2

Helpful tip: What you have to do is let it dry for like 5 mins then put on ur bb cream or foundation ect...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No