April 18, 2014 | 916 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really liking this foundation!
My face gets embarrassingly oily and I don't always have time to blot or powder...so I am a sucker for shine-free foundations.

I love how easy it applies! It's so smooth and blends like a dream! Using my fingers works surprisingly well, but I usually use a sponge. It's great if you're in a hurry or a newbie to wearing makeup.

The coverage is light-medium. I typically prefer full coverage, but I love how natural this looks! Not cakey or mask-like at all. Two layers covers acne scars and evens out my skin tone. Not a completely matte finish, which I like. Plus, it makes my skin sooo soft, smooth, and just "glowy" enough.

Bonus for me, the perfect color match!! Sun beige 310 was an exact match on my golden olive skin. Hallelujah. A drugstore foundation in the perfect color!

The staying power is average for a drugstore foundation. It controlled oil better than most foundations I've used, but still needs a little touching up after a few hours... However, it's super easy to reapply and touch up because it blends so beautifully.

As for cons, I really wish there was more product in each stick. I used my first stick up in less than a month. It transfers easily. And it isn't a quick fix for oily skin, you will want to touch it up.

Overall this is a good, inexpensive foundation if you're in a hurry, and/or don't need a full-face full-coverage foundation.

For the price, I'll probably continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by alliecobos4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The reason I didn't give this a five was because it didn't keep my oils at bay as much as I wanted t too. The 3 in 1 stay fabulous covergirl foundation did a better job and that wasn't as marketed for oily skin. I love the coverage. Great for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ambikas27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, but I have never used it as an all-over foundation. I have 2 of them, one a few shades darker and one a few shades lighter than me and I use them for contouring (I got the idea from a YouTuber). I basically draw lines wherever I want to contour, and apply my foundation directly on top - as Goss shows in his contouring tutorial. This makes my contouring actually last all day, as opposed to fading away like it usually does with powder. Additionally. it gives me the high impact I want without it actually looking like I heavily contoured since the cream products blend flawlessly into my foundations! I love them for this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE. Love, love, love!
For a really long time, I've been a die-hard fan of mineral makeup. However, I've started to notice two things; one, my skin would get shiny SO quickly, and two, dry patches would make certain areas of the mineral makeup look cakey.

I tried a sample of this foundation from a tear-out card in a magazine, and OH, it was love at first try. The color matches my skin perfectly, and the stick form glides on so, so easy. I make swipes all over my face, putting some extra in trouble zones to cover blemishes, then rub it all in like I would lotion.

Here's what's huge for me; I can wear this stuff without powder, and there is not a SPECK of shine even after a full day's wear. THIS IS HUGE. The shine-free claim is 100% on point. I mean, I'll apply around 7:30 a.m., and by 7:30 p.m., even after a class at the gym, I'm only a little bit shiny.

New favorite, hands down! The ONLY caveat? This is WAY not friendly if your skin is dry or has dry patches.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first, I heard great reviews about this product, I would see it in magazines and lots of youtubers had posted videos that made it seem like this product was the bomb. I tried it out and I will say it did a pretty decent job keeping the shine down. For a stick foundation it blends VERY VERY Well I will say that. I thought I was set with foundation and to just keep continuing to buy it but after a while I noticed it felt kind of heavy, and it runs out really fast in the tube so don't be surprised after 2 weeks or so that it may or may not be half gone already. I decided to try Loreal True Match foundation and now it makes the maybelline look and feel like shit. It's ok I guess, if I didn't have cash to buy a new foundation I wouldn't be upset if I had to use the Maybelline stick, but for 6 bucks at walmart I mean... it wasn't a huge loss. Not too bad, not great. It's decent. 7/10

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had wanted to pick this up for a while, finally got it this weekend annndd returned it to Target the very next day. First of all, this has basically zero coverage. I normally use a BB cream, so I don't mind lighter coverage- but this was non existent! I felt like I had to put a couple layers on to cover anything. About an hour (or less) after I put it on, my face was super greasy. Normally, my face can get shiny throughout the day but this usually happens in the afternoon- several hours after I put my makeup on in the am. So I'm not sure what was "shine free" about this product? I wanted to love it but it really didn't work for me. Target took it back with no issues.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After watching countless reviews on Youtube i decided to give this product a try. I got this shade in golden beige, swiped the product on my cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose. Used my fingers to blend the product and all I can say, it emphasized my pores and zits. It looked horrible on me. My face looked caked up, tried spritzing my UD stay all-night spray and I still looked horrible. Sigh....i think ill stick to the loreal true match liquid foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by TaraMaria

Has little coverage and is extremely oily if you don't rub it good into the skin. So there is really no layering to it. Less coverage than a BB cream. However in emergency the color is good and it can be caked on to last for a hour. Great for a teenage girl with nearly perfect skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by smatlove4

I recently bought this and i think it has great coverage! It goes on smoothly and its very easy to blend. The price isnt too bad either. I would probably buy it again, i recommend this product for those who want good coverage. I just wish it had more product.. I find it dont last that long. And if you wear a lot of it, it looks cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by jamie1172008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin. It doesn't matter what I put on my face because come midday my skin will be oily looking. So I decided to try out the shine free foundation stick. I figured, why not? It's a stick and it claims to be shine free. Also, it has this anti-shine core that is supposed to instantly dissolve oil.

First, I'm gonna start with what I liked about it.

1) I bought two shades, 330 Toffee and 340 Cappucinno. I ended up returning Toffee because it had some beige undertones that looked very unflattering on my face. However, the Cappuccinno shade was a perfect match.
2) Applying this was cake. I mean, it just glided on so effortlessly. I usually associated stick foundations with a heavier consistency but this was very lightweight and easy to blend. I could just use my fingers to blend it in, no problem.

Now, this is what I didn't like about it.

1) As I mentioned earlier, I associate stick foundations with heavier consistency and coverage. Unfortunately, this only gave light coverage. I tried adding more layers to cover up my acne scars but it didn't work.
2) Shine free, my butt! This still made my skin look shiny. Even after I set it with powder. That so-called "anti-shine core" didn't do anything to dissolve my oil. In fact, I don't think it did anything. Instead, I think it's there for added decoration. Those folks at Maybelline need to quit lying and misleading people.
3) This made me break out! So not cool at all!

In closing, I would not recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Unless you wanna go around looking like you wearing chicken grease on your face. Also, if you have flaws that need a lot of coverage (in my case, acne scars) you might do better trying out a different foundation because this is not the one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No